I'm not enjoying this season. At all.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Not exactly hard hitting analysis. And, I'm sure most of this forum is feeling the same.

But... this season just isn't fun. I haven't felt "into it" since camp, and I have no idea why. If I would allow myself to be psychoanalyzed, I would probably reveal a part of my Seahawks soul, alive and well for 38 years now, died on the one yard line in the Super Bowl.

Something has felt.... OFF... with this whole team since then. It's the weirdest thing. I'm still a huge supporter and will be (went to MNF game then made the trek to see them collapse in Cincinnati... and I'll keep going to games). I'll make another trek to Arizona for the last game of the season to support them, regardless if we are 2-13 or 12-3 at the time.

But this season isn't fun. Football is supposed to be fun, right? The last three season gave us a volume of fun, for varying reasons. So many incredible games, performances and clutch plays and of course, our first Lombardi.

It seems like now we are playing not to lose instead of being the head hunter.

I won't get into the multitude of reasons why this could be... plenty of that on this board. I don't think our "window" is closed, but we are making it very hard on ourselves to just get to the dance this season. We can logically forget about HFA.

Teams are not afraid of us now. At all. We have no swagger, fire, mojo, whatever. And that's sad.

But most of all, I miss the excitement of watching that upstart team come out every week and pull magic out of the hat.

blkhwk

Reaction score
absolutely correct..... window is still open, team is "off" this year. I am sure you me and all the fans on this board feel some of the same emotional drain of the past three seasons.

If its like that for us, how do you think the team feels right now???

DeeHawks

Reaction score
That just described it perfectly. Doesn't feel "fun" at all.
Something definitely is "off" with this team for sure.
It's depressing to me actually...like a letdown or something.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Agreed.

Even with an "exciting" playmaker in Graham. This season for me has not been fun.

The fire is not burning as hot as it used too!

rjdriver

Reaction score
It's that damn SuperBowl Greg.

Makes every loss exponentially harder.

If you have the disease, you don't just get over it brother.

Bevell gave us Seahawk Herpes.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":21xsyp9e said:
Agreed.

Even with an "exciting" playmaker in Graham. This season for me has not been fun.

Yeah I know something is off but wasn't it awesome to see Wilson and Graham start the chemistry and connection to what will hopefully terrorize our opponents for the next few years?

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
This is why they say everything is relative. I would have killed for these games in '92 instead of watching Stan Gelbaugh. Still had fun watching the Hawks though; I was ecstatic when we beat the Broncos in OT to secure the Rick Mirer pick!

kf3339

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1dswabt4 said:
Not exactly hard hitting analysis. And, I'm sure most of this forum is feeling the same.

But... this season just isn't fun. I haven't felt "into it" since camp, and I have no idea why. If I would allow myself to be psychoanalyzed, I would probably reveal a part of my Seahawks soul, alive and well for 38 years now, died on the one yard line in the Super Bowl.

Something has felt.... OFF... with this whole team since then. It's the weirdest thing. I'm still a huge supporter and will be (went to MNF game then made the trek to see them collapse in Cincinnati... and I'll keep going to games). I'll make another trek to Arizona for the last game of the season to support them, regardless if we are 2-13 or 12-3 at the time.

But this season isn't fun. Football is supposed to be fun, right? The last three season gave us a volume of fun, for varying reasons. So many incredible games, performances and clutch plays and of course, our first Lombardi.

It seems like now we are playing not to lose instead of being the head hunter.

I won't get into the multitude of reasons why this could be... plenty of that on this board. I don't think our "window" is closed, but we are making it very hard on ourselves to just get to the dance this season. We can logically forget about HFA.

Teams are not afraid of us now. At all. We have no swagger, fire, mojo, whatever. And that's sad.

But most of all, I miss the excitement of watching that upstart team come out every week and pull magic out of the hat.

I agree completely with you. I couldn't wait for game day and planned my schedule accordingly in the past. Now today I on purpose missed the first quarter because I knew nothing much would happen. I haven't done that in years.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kf3339":22afw9ty said:
I agree completely with you. I couldn't wait for game day and planned my schedule accordingly in the past. Now today I on purpose missed the first quarter because I knew nothing much would happen. I haven't done that in years.

You probably should have missed the 4th quarter......just sayin'

Terpdragon

Reaction score
Well, my Mom just passed Tuesday so I am emotionally numb and haven't seen anything to enjoy about this season. The team seems to be playing like the way I feel.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I blame it on the 9ers.

Maybe when they ceased being the hated/feared rival, there went the Hawks' mojo.

Just throwing out a fresh perspective.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear that Terp. My thought are with you during this difficult time

chris98251

Reaction score
Terpdragon":1rx0pnc1 said:
Well, my Mom just passed Tuesday so I am emotionally numb and haven't seen anything to enjoy about this season. The team seems to be playing like the way I feel.

Sorry for your loss :(

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1nvx3coy said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1nvx3coy said:
Agreed.

Yeah I know something is off but wasn't it awesome to see Wilson and Graham start the chemistry and connection to what will hopefully terrorize our opponents for the next few years?
Who knows how long Jimmy Graham will still be here?

He could be gone and traded next week for all I know.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am looking at the energy of the team and coaches, nobody looks like they are having fun, they are not moving around and high fiving and grouping up, you don't see the whole defense pumped up after plays made, the offense even on plays that succeed just doesn't seem to enjoy it. Hardly a fist pump anywhere, nothing after getting a first down, really a flat emotional level.

In years past we would be screaming celebrate after you win, but this is almost no pulse.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3bzgleqd said:
I blame it on the 9ers.

Maybe when they ceased being the hated/feared rival, there went the Hawks' mojo.

Just throwing out a fresh perspective.

Damn. I can see this now. If beating the Niners as our biggest rival is no longer served as main course, anything in the restaurant tastes a little insipid. For a while.

Latest posts