I'm not enjoying this season. At all.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RiverDog":37p4kts6 said:
Rob12":37p4kts6 said:
This post is sad. It's sad because it resonated so much with me and how I feel.

My brother has season tickets. He sits next to a dude that is a lifelong fan. He's even keeled, and rarely does he get too down about anything. After yesterday's loss, I asked him what he thought was wrong with this team.

He said they're mediocre, and they've all mostly been paid. He said they don't care anymore. I told him I disagreed with that, and he told me that he makes it a habit to watch the players and comparing yesterday to 2012, the camaraderie is not there. He was the one that actually got me thinking about how badly Kam's holdout has affected the defense. That underdog label is gone, and now they're just a bunch of insanely rich young men that have seen the pinnacle. He didn't think the resolve was there for them to stay on top. He said he hoped he was wrong, but he's seen it before. Most here would call him a bandwagon fan, but he's missed like six games since 1976.

It was hard to disagree.

That could be a lot of us. I've been a fan, although a season ticket holder for only about 9 years, since 1976. I saw one of the first ever Seahawk training camp sessions in 1976 in Cheney. I posted similar comments in a couple of other threads so I don't want to repeat myself in this one. We are no longer that young, aggressive, don't get no respect, us against the world melded unit that has gone 36-12 over the past 3 seasons. We are not a team. We are a collection of individuals.

This is one of the worst teams Pete has fielded since he's been here. I'd like to say that I see us going 9-7, which would equal what he put up in 2010 and 2011, but I don't know if we are good enough to get even that far. I'm not sure where those 7 wins are going to come from. Despite their loss last Sunday, Arizona looks for real and probably beats us twice providing Palmer stays upright. I don't see us coming close to the Steelers, and the Rams now have a running threat for the first time in ages. We can probably beat the Browns and the 49'ers once, maybe twice, perhaps the Vikings and Ravens. We could beat the Dez-less Cowboys if we catch them before Romo returns. That's 5 or 6 wins, gets us to 7-9 or 8-8 and assumes 3 or 4 road wins.

It's going to be a long winter.

Saw the same thing last weekend in the game when I got home for the second half. Some of the young kids were trying to pump up the 4 years older players that did not feel it. Something did sap our teams resolve and desire. We know what that was. I watched the team run out from my recording of the game and there was no fire. Only resolve. Resolution. They can get that swagger back, but it has to start with the team in the locker room. Maybe that happened on last Sunday when they were in there looking at each other and wondering WTF. That is on them. I am still gonna watch and see what happens. My friends here will ask, WTF is wrong with your team? and I shall answer what I think.

Anyhow....just for the record.....GO HAWKS.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":b3bgckx0 said:
I had a bad feeling about this season after the super-bowl loss, and it started when Bevell threw Lockette, and Wilson underneath the bus. Those are words that a coach should never say in public about their players even if it may hold some merit. That kind of thing never goes over well, just ask Jim Mora. The next thing that happened is we lost some important members of our staff in Ken Norton Jr. and Dan Quinn. Norton was the fire on the sidelines, he was very animated and high energy. He was kind of like Ray Lewis in that he got the guys amped up.

The Seahawks also lost one of the leaders of this team in Max Unger. The line looks far less cohesive without him directing the lineman, now this could be the new lineman, but I think it has something to do with Unger himself. The man also made line calls, and adjusted the protection. Last season the line looked far less cohesive when Unger went down and Wilson was making the calls for Patrick Lewis and Jeanpierre. Maxwell was also another player that was homegrown that left. He wasn't the best corner in the world but he had good synergy with Thomas, Chancellor, and Sherman. They communicated well, and knew where each other were. This is not the case with Cary Williams. Then you had Wilson, Bennett, and Chancellor all wanting new contracts, in Chancellor and Bennett's case they had quite a few years left on the contract.

I also have noticed that Russell Wilson has been out, and about more. It doesn't matter which channel you watched, Wilson inevitably popped up somewhere. He got with Ciara, he's been all over TMZ and he also had an appearance in the entourage movie. Russell Wilson was out practicing with the Texas Rangers and of course there was the whole contract that that was made uncomfortably public.

Chancellor was whining about getting his, and not being paid enough, this is the one that made me the most angry. He was being very passive aggressive in his tweets, I think this is the BIGGEST distraction. Even Bennett who was threatening to hold out called out Chancellor. The players clearly were not happy about Kam holding out, and I think this has possible created a rift in the locker room.

Essentially what I'm saying is there was a ton of distractions this off season.
Bevell never threw them under the bus. If that's how you interpret it to twist your point, so be it, but it is an erroneous statement for the record.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3asvdzpr said:
I had a bad feeling about this season after the super-bowl loss, and it started when Bevell threw Lockette, and Wilson underneath the bus. Those are words that a coach should never say in public about their players even if it may hold some merit. That kind of thing never goes over well, just ask Jim Mora. The next thing that happened is we lost some important members of our staff in Ken Norton Jr. and Dan Quinn. Norton was the fire on the sidelines, he was very animated and high energy. He was kind of like Ray Lewis in that he got the guys amped up.

The Seahawks also lost one of the leaders of this team in Max Unger. The line looks far less cohesive without him directing the lineman, now this could be the new lineman, but I think it has something to do with Unger himself. The man also made line calls, and adjusted the protection. Last season the line looked far less cohesive when Unger went down and Wilson was making the calls for Patrick Lewis and Jeanpierre. Maxwell was also another player that was homegrown that left. He wasn't the best corner in the world but he had good synergy with Thomas, Chancellor, and Sherman. They communicated well, and knew where each other were. This is not the case with Cary Williams. Then you had Wilson, Bennett, and Chancellor all wanting new contracts, in Chancellor and Bennett's case they had quite a few years left on the contract.

I also have noticed that Russell Wilson has been out, and about more. It doesn't matter which channel you watched, Wilson inevitably popped up somewhere. He got with Ciara, he's been all over TMZ and he also had an appearance in the entourage movie. Russell Wilson was out practicing with the Texas Rangers and of course there was the whole contract that that was made uncomfortably public.

Chancellor was whining about getting his, and not being paid enough, this is the one that made me the most angry. He was being very passive aggressive in his tweets, I think this is the BIGGEST distraction. Even Bennett who was threatening to hold out called out Chancellor. The players clearly were not happy about Kam holding out, and I think this has possible created a rift in the locker room.

Great post. I totally agree. Too many damn distractions. Several forgot rule #1... Protect the Team.

Truth is... you can't just "turn on" your game in the NFL... it doesn't work that way.

The 2015 season turnaround starts Thursday night.

My sense is we'll all see a different team take the field.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3kbdl90m said:
Still 10 games left, plenty of football. However, if they lose to Krappersnack on Thursday, I'll be right in that same spot, not enjoying it at all. Come on Hawks!

I'm agreeing with this! One game at a time. Let's not think of passed wins and loses. Four games in the lost column at this time is meaningless. Concentrate on winning the division and it starts with our ole fo 9ers. Winning Thursday night will be a relief from the pain of the past few weeks and will start a optimistic outlook for the HAWKS. Just win the division and get to the playoffs. That enthusiasm will return and we all will be back thinking everything is great. NEED TO WIN, THURSDAY NITE! :49ersmall:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":32v791li said:

I didn't get the impression that Bevell threw No 'E' under the bus, either, but who knows how the locker room interpreted anything DB or PC said. When you're as unpopular as Bevell apparently is, just about anything can be taken out of context.

Good point about Russell's escapades. He's no longer a cute, cuddly church going, milk swigging little darling. He's a rock star. And don't forget about Bruce Irvin pouting about the Hawks not picking up his option, making statements about wanting to play in Atlanta. And then there was the drafting of Frank Clark, and the double talk coming out of our GM's mouth, Beast's mamma wanting Bevell fired, the lingering support that Percy Harvin had, the Russell Wilson not being black enough. And that's just the stuff we've heard about. All of that garbage adds up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Of course you're not.

How can anybody have fun after the SB, players complaining about contracts, holding out and now going 2-4 and doing it in epic collapse style each and every loss?

idahohawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":nkr9hs88 said:
Not exactly hard hitting analysis. And, I'm sure most of this forum is feeling the same.

But... this season just isn't fun. I haven't felt "into it" since camp, and I have no idea why. If I would allow myself to be psychoanalyzed, I would probably reveal a part of my Seahawks soul, alive and well for 38 years now, died on the one yard line in the Super Bowl.

Something has felt.... OFF... with this whole team since then. It's the weirdest thing. I'm still a huge supporter and will be (went to MNF game then made the trek to see them collapse in Cincinnati... and I'll keep going to games). I'll make another trek to Arizona for the last game of the season to support them, regardless if we are 2-13 or 12-3 at the time.

But this season isn't fun. Football is supposed to be fun, right? The last three season gave us a volume of fun, for varying reasons. So many incredible games, performances and clutch plays and of course, our first Lombardi.

It seems like now we are playing not to lose instead of being the head hunter.

I won't get into the multitude of reasons why this could be... plenty of that on this board. I don't think our "window" is closed, but we are making it very hard on ourselves to just get to the dance this season. We can logically forget about HFA.

Teams are not afraid of us now. At all. We have no swagger, fire, mojo, whatever. And that's sad.

But most of all, I miss the excitement of watching that upstart team come out every week and pull magic out of the hat.

#nailedit

I'm with ya FlyingGreg. I've tried a few times to move on from XLIX and to snap out of it, but this year's Hawks are not helping whatsoever.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3ruoye37 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3ruoye37 said:
Agreed.

Even with an "exciting" playmaker in Graham. This season for me has not been fun.

The fire is not burning as hot as it used too!
Yeah I know something is off but wasn't it awesome to see Wilson and Graham start the chemistry and connection to what will hopefully terrorize our opponents for the next few years?

Thank you!

Something is certainly off and it's hard to not assign blame as an easy way to figure it out. A few back to back wins may reignite the mojo.

There are a few certainties, this list is not complete: the team has a rookie DC, it is understandable that the DBs are behind the pace following the holdout of a key player, there is a new member of that crew and it will take some time for him to be fully integrated, there have ben a few critical injuries to our NCBs, the pass rush is seemingly less effective late in the game, the OLine is very green and only barely competent at times, the number of hits Russell has taken has given him happy feet in the face of pressure, the OC doesn't seem to get that he needs to move the pocket some or call quicker plays, Lynch has been injured or off his game for much of the year to now and the running game while still statistically good is not controlling the games when the games are on the line. Bevell is struggling to incorporate Graham, but as you happily observe the connection seems to be improving and soon may be thing of beauty to watch.

Each and every single one of the above noted certainties can be corrected, and as they are, the happy feeling of actual competence will be restored. There is notwithstanding the negativity engendered by the losing record and the late offensive and defensive collapses a lot of talent on the team and just a few key fixes will make a huge difference to the results and the sense that their mojo is back.

We all need to just keep the faith!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hey Terp, really sorry to hear of your sad news, and more sorry I haven't told you my thoughts are with you in these tough times. Remember the happy times and think upon your happiest moments with your Mom it will bring you some small amount of peace. We all go through these passages in our lives and it is important to focus upon on the positive as it eases the pain of the passage.

StoneCold

Reaction score
A few years back I played quite a bit of online poker tournaments. At first every hand was exciting. The first time I cashed was awesome. First time I won one was amazing. Sometime after that the early stages of a tourney became a grind and when bad beats came around it was not fun at all. It's hard to sustain the energy to keep playing under those circumstances. This season feels like that for me. We've had some bad beats. The season from here on out will depend on how they respond. But I don't see any Germans heading for Hawaii...yet.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Terpdragon":1lk9cs4g said:
Well, my Mom just passed Tuesday so I am emotionally numb and haven't seen anything to enjoy about this season. The team seems to be playing like the way I feel.

That's tough. I lost one of my best friends to suicide, my mother, and my step son, all last year within about 6 months of each other. I know it sounds like a canned, generic response, but I know what you're going through.

Keep the faith, brother!

drdiags

Reaction score
Terpdragon":1hwnkqij said:
Well, my Mom just passed Tuesday so I am emotionally numb and haven't seen anything to enjoy about this season. The team seems to be playing like the way I feel.

My condolences. There isn't much anyone can say or do that will make the sting go away. Trust me when I say that time is the healer. My mom died from cancer when she was in her mid-50's. It broke our family and I miss her to this day. That was 22 years ago. Her passing would hit me for a long time, a year or so before eventually the mind does what it has to so that one can function.

Her influence is missed and you know things would be different if she were still here but you do what you can to make her proud by living a life she would boast to her friends about.

Take care and do know in time the hurt will be manageable.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
My condolences TerpDragon. Others have said it best. I shall leave it there.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Not sure why people feel the need to post that they aren't enjoying things or are not into it. Simple answer is to don't watch and stop forum posting imo.

I love every game so its hard for me to understand the why behind these types of posts.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3j5s0j14 said:
I love every game so its hard for me to understand the why behind these types of posts.

There's a difference between enjoying the game of football, watching our team in general..............and having the joy sucked out of watching because we're playing so poorly.

I also love every game, until the 4th quarter. Then not so much.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Frustrating or not, and we all are frustrated, I love football. Shoot, an all day Red Zone viewing from the couch is one hell of a great day. Even in the crap years, it's still a blast to watch the Hawks play.
Everyone deals with it differently, if someone isn't enjoying it, that's their thing. We lose on Thursday, obviously it's not feeling too enjoyable :)
I expect a hell of a game on Thursday, as seems to be the case most of the time when we go against Santa Clara.

bandiger

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3fovb85u said:
ImTheScientist":3fovb85u said:

There's a difference between enjoying the game of football, watching our team in general..............and having the joy sucked out of watching because we're playing so poorly.

I also love every game, until the 4th quarter. Then not so much.

Well hard to enjoy a game when no lead seems safe anymore.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What was a bummer about Sunday was that I don't think many were surprised at how it ended. Giving up a lead in the 4th has happened in the last 5 losses. This is a trend that needs to change, and quick.

Latest posts