I'm not enjoying this season. At all.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
There's no energy. Preseason and Offseason was full of woes and drama. Just this last game stadium full of fans who may be attending their first Hawks game screaming on offense and/or not getting loud until 3rd down. Heck even with the team, the Lockette TD pass was the first time in a long time I saw the bench run out to celebrate. I feel like in years past the team was hardcore celebrating just about everything. There's a lot of blame to go around.

Terpdragon

Reaction score
drdiags":3oqhycv7 said:
Terpdragon":3oqhycv7 said:
Well, my Mom just passed Tuesday so I am emotionally numb and haven't seen anything to enjoy about this season. The team seems to be playing like the way I feel.

My condolences. There isn't much anyone can say or do that will make the sting go away. Trust me when I say that time is the healer. My mom died from cancer when she was in her mid-50's. It broke our family and I miss her to this day. That was 22 years ago. Her passing would hit me for a long time, a year or so before eventually the mind does what it has to so that one can function.

Her influence is missed and you know things would be different if she were still here but you do what you can to make her proud by living a life she would boast to her friends about.

Take care and do know in time the hurt will be manageable.
Thanks for yours and everyone's thoughts. My Mom struggled through cancer about 20 years ago too but survived till now. She survived amputations from diabetes and showed me what true courage is. She was an inspiration to this mom and my son. Thanks for the words of comfort all

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Terpdragon":2ykpzcei said:
Well, my Mom just passed Tuesday so I am emotionally numb and haven't seen anything to enjoy about this season. The team seems to be playing like the way I feel.
My sympathies Terp. Lost my only sibling (brother) in August. Ain't easy man.

Terpdragon":2ykpzcei said:
Sorry all. Didn't mean to hijack thread
No biggie. I don't think anyone's annoyed.

SeaChase

Reaction score
I've been disinterested since the Super Bowl loss. I didn't watch NFL Network until preseason, too depressing. The team seems like it has lost some of it's fire and swag.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I totally agree . I've said it before you don't just walk away and brush that off . That was a dagger . We had NFL immortality slip on some BS . This years team is just not the same not as tight . It's never fun when your losing but I do remember how I felt in 2006 every game was just emotionally exhausting and frustrating because we were not quite good enough to get back after the XL mess . This is very similar as much as I don't want it to be.

mrt144

Reaction score
I am loving this season for the learning experience and seeing if the grand experiment can work out. Results suck but the games continue to be some of the most entertaining in football.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2zowdygv said:
... this season just isn't fun.

Something has felt.... OFF... with this whole team .... It's the weirdest thing. I'm still a huge supporter and will be

But this season isn't fun. Football is supposed to be fun, right?

Teams are not afraid of us now. At all. We have no swagger, fire, mojo, whatever. And that's sad.

But most of all, I miss the excitement of watching that upstart team come out every week and pull magic out of the hat.
Hit the nail on the head. We had the 'IT' factor the last three years, not so much so far this season. I felt we actually started with a similar malaise last year, but they had the players meeting and got 'IT' back, then went on the run to the playoffs/Superb Owl.

jacobsod

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23vxi1jb said:
ImTheScientist":23vxi1jb said:
I love every game so its hard for me to understand the why behind these types of posts.

There's a difference between enjoying the game of football, watching our team in general..............and having the joy sucked out of watching because we're playing so poorly.

I also love every game, until the 4th quarter. Then not so much.

Well said.

What erks me so bad is although we lost some great players, we have a LOT of talent on this team that most other teams would kill for.

Weither it's about $ or locker-room issues player to player, to me isn't the issue. It has to start with leadership. I guess it's just a "feeling", but I'm not seeing any leadership this year. Top to bottom. I love ya, Pete, but the "oh well...yup we haveta work on that" kinda ho humm attitude has got to go. Hold players AND COACHES accountable. Demand respect. UPHOLD the "next man up" attitude!! I'd rather lose games with a team who is playing their guts out than win (which we are losing now anyways) with a bunch of players and coaches who are acting like a bunch of self-entitled ninnies.

The whole team needs a super swift kick in the arse. Waaaay to much talent for this BS.

OK rant for the week over. :) Cmon Hawks get your shiz together and play like we KNOW you can! :49ersmall:

Chapow

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":mqliztih said:
FlyingGreg":mqliztih said:
Teams are not afraid of us now. At all. We have no swagger, fire, mojo, whatever. And that's sad.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call this one out.

You guys are acting like it's 2009. Like we're rolling over 28-7 by halftime. Like four of our last seven games haven't come against what might very well be this year's final four teams, and we haven't hung tight with them right up until the very end.

The words I'm seeing on this forum belong to fans of a categorically bad team.

I think you guys need to find yourselves a sweat lodge and do your best to remember the Mora days. When the best thing to happen was an occasional big run by Justin Forsett and that was literally it. That is a situation much more appropriate to what we're looking at now.

I realize you started the season expecting the Bengals and Panthers to be mediocre opposition, but that's on you guys. Schedule expectations change. Those teams rightfully should have lost to us and very nearly did. We're literally a couple Tyler Lockett fingertips from being 6-0 rght now. That's how close things have been, and it doesn't justify this ridiculous handwringing.

I too would like to see some semblance of a systematic offense, instead of the sandlot concepts we throw out there and don't bother changing because they work and we can't afford anything better because of our enormous contracts on defense.

BUT, we've been in every game. We've not been completely outmatched in a game since early 2011. That says a lot.

It's not where we need to be. But it's got us in position to win any game we want.

IMHO, this is by far the best post in this thread. Very well said Montana. People are acting like this is some absolutely horrible team that is getting completely demolished each and every week and isn't even the least bit competitive. It's ridiculous.

Sorry to hear so many of you guys aren't enjoying the season at all, I can't relate to that feeling, but I'm sure it sucks.

Latest posts