I'm not enjoying this season. At all.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
chris98251":1jbnbyfi said:
I am looking at the energy of the team and coaches, nobody looks like they are having fun, they are not moving around and high fiving and grouping up, you don't see the whole defense pumped up after plays made, the offense even on plays that succeed just doesn't seem to enjoy it. Hardly a fist pump anywhere, nothing after getting a first down, really a flat emotional level.

In years past we would be screaming celebrate after you win, but this is almost no pulse.
The mojo has left the room.

You can see it in Sherm's eyes... flat, non-expressive... somewhat a "who really cares" look.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not fun is an understatement. More like manic depressive.

We were forced to endure what had to be the toughest loss in SB history. The only one I can think of that even comes close is the Bills losing to the Giants on Scott Norwood's miss. Our team felt they were robbed, but unlike XL, there was no villain to get mad at but themselves. In retrospect, Pete probably should have fired Bevell the following week. Some bad decisions are of that magnitude, big enough to cost someone their job. But he didn't want to make it look like he was blaming someone else, and instead, tried his best to patch things up by standing by his man, and to a certain degree, I can admire him for it. But we're paying for it now.

Then Michael Bennett started making noise about not being happy with his contract. Bruce Irvin went and started pouting when he found out the team wasn't picking up his option. Russell's contract negotiations causes rumors and distractions that led right up to training camp, and of course, there was the Kam Chancellor holdout.

This team has a Super Bowl hangover. Players are getting paid. Others are jealous of not getting paid. We are no longer hungry, we have a sense of entitlement, and there's no "us against the world" mentality that makes us feel as if we have something to prove to the football world.

This is not our season. I'm skeptical that we'll even make the playoffs. But I do believe that we'll be back.

themunn

Reaction score
I think part of it is the waning 49ers, beating the Cards to the division still doesn't feel like it will be particularly difficult.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I love our team. I say it out loud at times, and that helps. It's simply maddening to see what should be a juggernaut struggle so, but it doesn't change the fact that this team means so much to so many of us. Perhaps, after the trauma of the SB loss, this kind of season can end up paying dividends in the future.

Vetamur pointed out in another thread that we might just have to get through the season and then clean house and stock up on talent again. In season's past this alone kept us going, so I take a little solace in that. The draft might be fun!

With all that said, I'm still counting on this year being interesting, and who knows? We could very easily be 5-1 right now, and MAYBE we'll get to 4-4 by mid season. From there, who knows?

Terpdragon

Reaction score
chris98251":1xmady67 said:
Terpdragon":1xmady67 said:
Well, my Mom just passed Tuesday so I am emotionally numb and haven't seen anything to enjoy about this season. The team seems to be playing like the way I feel.

Sorry for your loss :(
Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate it

drrew

Reaction score
For me, a big issue heading into the season was the Wilson contract rhetoric and the Kam holdout.

I understand it's a business, a billion dollar business, but there were times this off season where it was just a big downer.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":29j2rh4x said:
MizzouHawkGal":29j2rh4x said:
TheLegendOfBoom":29j2rh4x said:
Agreed.

Even with an "exciting" playmaker in Graham. This season for me has not been fun.

The fire is not burning as hot as it used too!
Yeah I know something is off but wasn't it awesome to see Wilson and Graham start the chemistry and connection to what will hopefully terrorize our opponents for the next few years?
Who knows how long Jimmy Graham will still be here?

He could be gone and traded next week for all I know.
Ok, I've accepted this is a lost season but I can't accept Pete will be arrogant enough to not adapt his philosophy to the players he has that are locked up. He has to have taken something from being schooled by Belicheat?

If you pay your quarterback it's time to build the offense around him. Not a 30 year old Lynch or UDFA Rawls.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
RiverDog":1751gh1p said:

We were forced to endure what had to be the toughest loss in SB history. The only one I can think of that even comes close is the Bills losing to the Giants on Scott Norwood's miss. Our team felt they were robbed, but unlike XL, there was no villain to get mad at but themselves. In retrospect, Pete probably should have fired Bevell the following week. Some bad decisions are of that magnitude, big enough to cost someone their job. But he didn't want to make it look like he was blaming someone else, and instead, tried his best to patch things up by standing by his man, and to a certain degree, I can admire him for it. But we're paying for it now.

Then Michael Bennett started making noise about not being happy with his contract. Bruce Irvin went and started pouting when he found out the team wasn't picking up his option. Russell's contract negotiations causes rumors and distractions that led right up to training camp, and of course, there was the Kam Chancellor holdout.

This team has a Super Bowl hangover. Players are getting paid. Others are jealous of not getting paid. We are no longer hungry, we have a sense of entitlement, and there's no "us against the world" mentality that makes us feel as if we have something to prove to the football world.

This is not our season. I'm skeptical that we'll even make the playoffs. But I do believe that we'll be back.

Good summary, totally agree.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":107leu86 said:
Teams are not afraid of us now. At all. We have no swagger, fire, mojo, whatever. And that's sad.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call this one out.

You guys are acting like it's 2009. Like we're rolling over 28-7 by halftime. Like four of our last seven games haven't come against what might very well be this year's final four teams, and we haven't hung tight with them right up until the very end.

The words I'm seeing on this forum belong to fans of a categorically bad team.

I think you guys need to find yourselves a sweat lodge and do your best to remember the Mora days. When the best thing to happen was an occasional big run by Justin Forsett and that was literally it. That is a situation much more appropriate to what we're looking at now.

I realize you started the season expecting the Bengals and Panthers to be mediocre opposition, but that's on you guys. Schedule expectations change. Those teams rightfully should have lost to us and very nearly did. We're literally a couple Tyler Lockett fingertips from being 6-0 rght now. That's how close things have been, and it doesn't justify this ridiculous handwringing.

I too would like to see some semblance of a systematic offense, instead of the sandlot concepts we throw out there and don't bother changing because they work and we can't afford anything better because of our enormous contracts on defense.

BUT, we've been in every game. We've not been completely outmatched in a game since early 2011. That says a lot.

It's not where we need to be. But it's got us in position to win any game we want.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
You are over 38 years old and talking about tv sports entertainment like it's a personal family issue? Are you nuts?
The 12th man crap is a selling point. No one on the team gives a damn about any of you.
You don't invest emotion into tv sports. Its,a waste of time

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":29boxt2n said:
FlyingGreg":29boxt2n said:
Teams are not afraid of us now. At all. We have no swagger, fire, mojo, whatever. And that's sad.

You guys are acting like it's 2009. Like we're rolling over 28-7 by halftime. Like four of our last seven games haven't come against what might very well be this year's final four teams, and we haven't hung tight with them right up until the very end.

I think you guys need to find yourselves a sweat lodge and do your best to remember the Mora days. When the best thing to happen was an occasional big run by Justin Forsett and that was literally it. That is a situation much more appropriate to what we're looking at now.

I realize you started the season expecting the Bengals and Panthers to be mediocre opposition, but that's on you guys. Schedule expectations change. Those teams rightfully should have lost to us and very nearly did. We're literally a couple Tyler Lockett fingertips from being 6-0 rght now. That's how close things have been, and it doesn't justify this ridiculous handwringing.

I too would like to see some semblance of a systematic offense, instead of the sandlot concepts we throw out there and don't bother changing because they work and we can't afford anything better because of our enormous contracts on defense.

BUT, we've been in every game. We've not been completely outmatched in a game since early 2011. That says a lot.

It's not where we need to be. But it's got us in position to win any game we want.
So you finally think positive after three years of being negative? Classic. Let me guess, for the next act we'll see Tech Worlds stop trolling?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2vji1lb0 said:
RiverDog":2vji1lb0 said:

Good summary, totally agree.

Totally agree. Fat and (un) happy I guess. No fire. I LOVE Pete, but perhaps this is a situation where rah-rah just might not work. I appears that somebody needs to get in the players faces and do a little ass-kicking.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":3upji564 said:
You are over 38 years old and talking about tv sports entertainment like it's a personal family issue? Are you nuts?
The 12th man crap is a selling point. No one on the team gives a damn about any of you.
You don't invest emotion into tv sports. Its,a waste of time

Then why are you here?

Rob12

Reaction score
This post is sad. It's sad because it resonated so much with me and how I feel.

My brother has season tickets. He sits next to a dude that is a lifelong fan. He's even keeled, and rarely does he get too down about anything. After yesterday's loss, I asked him what he thought was wrong with this team.

He said they're mediocre, and they've all mostly been paid. He said they don't care anymore. I told him I disagreed with that, and he told me that he makes it a habit to watch the players and comparing yesterday to 2012, the camaraderie is not there. He was the one that actually got me thinking about how badly Kam's holdout has affected the defense. That underdog label is gone, and now they're just a bunch of insanely rich young men that have seen the pinnacle. He didn't think the resolve was there for them to stay on top. He said he hoped he was wrong, but he's seen it before. Most here would call him a bandwagon fan, but he's missed like six games since 1976.

It was hard to disagree.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2th0u774 said:
MontanaHawk05":2th0u774 said:
FlyingGreg":2th0u774 said:

So you finally think positive after three years of being negative? Classic. Let me guess, for the next act we'll see Tech Worlds stop trolling?

Girl, it's been a lot longer than three years.

But yeah, I never thought I'd see the day when I was the one keeping spirits up around here.

peppersjap

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2runm1pu said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2runm1pu said:
Agreed.

Even with an "exciting" playmaker in Graham. This season for me has not been fun.

Yeah I know something is off but wasn't it awesome to see Wilson and Graham start the chemistry and connection to what will hopefully terrorize our opponents for the next few years?
It might not be this year but what I saw with Graham going down the middle was pretty damn exciting!

peppersjap

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2xts3ue4 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2xts3ue4 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2xts3ue4 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2xts3ue4 said:
Agreed.

Who knows how long Jimmy Graham will still be here?

He could be gone and traded next week for all I know.
Ok, I've accepted this is a lost season but I can't accept Pete will be arrogant enough to not adapt his philosophy to the players he has that are locked up. He has to have taken something from being schooled by Belicheat?

If you pay your quarterback it's time to build the offense around him. Not a 30 year old Lynch or UDFA Rawls.
Damn, someone who finally agrees with me. If you are paying someone that kind of money make him earn it. It is time to pass the ball and I think Jimmy Graham might be ready to catch some of those!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rob12":2l5ljwp4 said:
This post is sad. It's sad because it resonated so much with me and how I feel.

My brother has season tickets. He sits next to a dude that is a lifelong fan. He's even keeled, and rarely does he get too down about anything. After yesterday's loss, I asked him what he thought was wrong with this team.

He said they're mediocre, and they've all mostly been paid. He said they don't care anymore. I told him I disagreed with that, and he told me that he makes it a habit to watch the players and comparing yesterday to 2012, the camaraderie is not there. He was the one that actually got me thinking about how badly Kam's holdout has affected the defense. That underdog label is gone, and now they're just a bunch of insanely rich young men that have seen the pinnacle. He didn't think the resolve was there for them to stay on top. He said he hoped he was wrong, but he's seen it before. Most here would call him a bandwagon fan, but he's missed like six games since 1976.

It was hard to disagree.

That could be a lot of us. I've been a fan, although a season ticket holder for only about 9 years, since 1976. I saw one of the first ever Seahawk training camp sessions in 1976 in Cheney. I posted similar comments in a couple of other threads so I don't want to repeat myself in this one. We are no longer that young, aggressive, don't get no respect, us against the world melded unit that has gone 36-12 over the past 3 seasons. We are not a team. We are a collection of individuals.

This is one of the worst teams Pete has fielded since he's been here. I'd like to say that I see us going 9-7, which would equal what he put up in 2010 and 2011, but I don't know if we are good enough to get even that far. I'm not sure where those 7 wins are going to come from. Despite their loss last Sunday, Arizona looks for real and probably beats us twice providing Palmer stays upright. I don't see us coming close to the Steelers, and the Rams now have a running threat for the first time in ages. We can probably beat the Browns and the 49'ers once, maybe twice, perhaps the Vikings and Ravens. We could beat the Dez-less Cowboys if we catch them before Romo returns. That's 5 or 6 wins, gets us to 7-9 or 8-8 and assumes 3 or 4 road wins.

It's going to be a long winter.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I had a bad feeling about this season after the super-bowl loss, and it started when Bevell threw Lockette, and Wilson underneath the bus. Those are words that a coach should never say in public about their players even if it may hold some merit. That kind of thing never goes over well, just ask Jim Mora. The next thing that happened is we lost some important members of our staff in Ken Norton Jr. and Dan Quinn. Norton was the fire on the sidelines, he was very animated and high energy. He was kind of like Ray Lewis in that he got the guys amped up.

The Seahawks also lost one of the leaders of this team in Max Unger. The line looks far less cohesive without him directing the lineman, now this could be the new lineman, but I think it has something to do with Unger himself. The man also made line calls, and adjusted the protection. Last season the line looked far less cohesive when Unger went down and Wilson was making the calls for Patrick Lewis and Jeanpierre. Maxwell was also another player that was homegrown that left. He wasn't the best corner in the world but he had good synergy with Thomas, Chancellor, and Sherman. They communicated well, and knew where each other were. This is not the case with Cary Williams. Then you had Wilson, Bennett, and Chancellor all wanting new contracts, in Chancellor and Bennett's case they had quite a few years left on the contract.

I also have noticed that Russell Wilson has been out, and about more. It doesn't matter which channel you watched, Wilson inevitably popped up somewhere. He got with Ciara, he's been all over TMZ and he also had an appearance in the entourage movie. Russell Wilson was out practicing with the Texas Rangers and of course there was the whole contract that that was made uncomfortably public.

Chancellor was whining about getting his, and not being paid enough, this is the one that made me the most angry. He was being very passive aggressive in his tweets, I think this is the BIGGEST distraction. Even Bennett who was threatening to hold out called out Chancellor. The players clearly were not happy about Kam holding out, and I think this has possible created a rift in the locker room.

Essentially what I'm saying is there was a ton of distractions this off season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still 10 games left, plenty of football. However, if they lose to Krappersnack on Thursday, I'll be right in that same spot, not enjoying it at all. Come on Hawks!