Is everyone already giving PC a pass for next season?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
So hmm, Butler (the rookie) outplayed Champ Russell Wilson's piss poor play execution?
HOW COME, if Brady could eat up a 10-point cushion, WHY couldn't Wilson (with all his greatness) match, or even surpass Brady's efforts in the final quarter of that game?
WHY did it all have to funnel down to the LAST LOSING PASS PLAY?
Wilson is one of the best (if not the VERY BEST) deep ball passers in the entire League, and yet he still couldn't get past all those "One & Dones" in the Playoffs because Pete held him back??? DAMN YOU PETE!!

"THE OWNERSHIP" likely figured that because NO ONE was clamoring to take on the HC job FROM PETE CARROLL, that he was STILL the BEST DAMNED OPTION, + they VERY LIKELY reasoned that a disgruntled Wilson was NOT up to the task of REBUILDING/RELOADING for the rest of the TEAMS NEEDS.
#3 had reached his peak here in Seattle.
Jody Allen made the only REAL CHOICE she had, she chose for the best interest of the Seattle Seahawks Franchise, NOT JUST FOR >ONE PLAYER<.

Easy to be the hero when you already know the play before the ball is snapped.

Brady ate up a 10 point cushion because the entire secondary was crippled with injuries and there was no pass rush from the line. It was a miracle that there even was a 10 point cushion. Wilson had the team where it needed to be to win the game until the worst play call of all time happened.

Jody made the choice to keep Pete because shes clueless. Having Pete means she doesnt have to do anything. She'll regret the decision when she starts losing money and that starts this season.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I mean ->

In practice Pete Carroll doesn't stop practice if a player makes a mistake, get in their ear and correct it. But he will stop practice if a player is not exuding great effort, and let them know right then and there.

Pete intentionally over the years has kept his schemes simplified. As he believes players play faster, when they do not have to think. There is a trade off to this approach and it has put him behind most of the league.

This is why his philosophy needs ultimate talent to succeed.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
This seems like there's not much to argue about because history is repeating itself relatively closely. I'd be surprised if PC/JS don't draft a QB and bring in a FA next offseason for competition going into 2023.

This is where people get confused. History is not repeating itself. Carroll had the inside scoop on the college talent early on and he also had Scot McCloughan who is a great talent evaluator. He has neither now and its why the drafts have sucked for years.

Own The West

Reaction score
pitt is never going to say anything good about anything. Some people are like that.

If you spout doom and gloom long enough you’ll eventually be right on something, then you can claim you’re a prophet…

smh

BASF

Reaction score
Jody made the choice to keep Pete because shes clueless. Having Pete means she doesnt have to do anything. She'll regret the decision when she starts losing money and that starts this season.
Jody made the choice because Russell Wilson did not want to play in Seattle anymore and wants to be the highest paid quarterback and only Russell Wilson apologists believe he deserve that money while his skills are declining. So, obviously a rebuild is necessary. Is the owner going to hire some unproven coach from the offensive coordinator ranks and give them the keys to the kingdom? No.

keasley45

Reaction score
Celebrating when Smith took the scripted plays and went 1-3 in those four starts. Awesome.

If Denver gets the same Wilson that Seattle had, i'm sure they are going to be ecstatic with their 10 to 13 wins.

DK was fed up with Wilson? If so, he is going to be downright miserable for the foreseeable future. I'm sure you'll be one of the first people to criticize him when he starts whining because his numbers are cut in half.

Nice fan fiction about the story. Instead the reality is how Carroll squandered a should have been dynasty. Hey its cool your in Petes corner because he won us a Super Bowl, but the writing has been on the wall for years now and it takes some longer to accept it.

DK was already griping and justifiably so. Had no issue with it. If the QB isn't performing as he should (and Russ wasnt) then it's understandable that players who do their jobs get upset. So no. Didn't complain about DK then and won't in the future.

Carroll did squander a dynasty because he coddled Russ instead of holding him accountable. Agreed.

Its pretty clear what went down here, if one isn't so blinded by their love for a player that they revise history in such away that ignores really critical aspects of football, like, you know, x's and o's, dismisses pretty cut and dry evidence on game film, and disregards and reframes patterns of behavior by said player that leave little doubt about the culture wars going on behind the scenes and what his intentions have been.

And frankly, when you're a fan of a team and understand that there are seasons when win totals may be down because restructuring is necessary, the idea of having a down season as the team retools is fine. That kind of situation is all about trust in the plan and whether or not the leadership has exhibited the ability to get the job done in the past.
So losing a talent like Russ isn't ideal, but it's not as though they had a choice in the matter. The player had become about thr player, and the offense was never going to be anything other than a Rw3 game, regardless of who was calling the shots. That was a dead end. Its addition by substractiom, if not immediately. So if 2022 means rolling with Lock or Geno, that's cool by me. The arrow for this team pointing way up.

The arrow for the one in Denver... just points to #3. And that story is one that I've heard before. So has the rest of the league.

But best of luck to them, and you, as you will no doubt be rooting the Donks on, and us down.

keasley45

Reaction score
In
This is where people get confused. History is not repeating itself. Carroll had the inside scoop on the college talent early on and he also had Scot McCloughan who is a great talent evaluator. He has neither now and its why the drafts have sucked for years.

I think if you were to look at the roster without bias, it's pretty obvious that history is already being repeated.

The defense will be a powerhouse very soon, and the offense is brimming with Talent. It's like nothing the guy does well gets him credit. Take Brooks for example. That selection was panned because we shoukd have take this guy or that guy, or Queen was the better pick. ESPN just ranked Brooks the 10th best off LB in the league. You know who's also rated as a player to watch? Taylor.

This thing had already been recast. It's just been setback by entertaining #3 longer than we should have.

See what you want. And hey, if we struggle a bit, you can always ride with Denver. I'm sure they'll be great this year. Perpetual contenders for a first round playoff exit, same way we were.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Easy to be the hero when you already know the play before the ball is snapped.

Brady ate up a 10 point cushion because the entire secondary was crippled with injuries and there was no pass rush from the line. It was a miracle that there even was a 10 point cushion. Wilson had the team where it needed to be to win the game until the worst play call of all time happened.

A ROOKIE read the play, a NON-ROOKIE Quarterback who's proven he CAN'T "READ" a Defense-->>>MADE A BAD PASS.
LOLOL Wilson OBVIOUSLY DID NOT "Had the Team Where it Needed to be to Win"
You are the one who is REACHING & "Clueless" when it comes to running an NFL Franchise.
THINK ABOUT THIS ->> Tom Brady wasn't expecting Bill Belichick to be shit-canned by Robert Kraft, eh?, NO, he decided that he wanted to GO ELSEWHERE.
You BOLDLY ASSUME that because she chose to continue on with Pete Carroll, that Jodi will lose money "this season"?? LOLOLOLOLOLOL How Much?? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind history repeating itself. But history STARTED with replacing a bad head coach. Let’s start there.
Nope, WE got who WE wanted as HC & YOU & Pittpnthrs .....DIDN'T.
Look at it this way...Wilson was Disgruntled & wanted OUT...there was >NO 'Keep One Over the Other' ULTIMATUM<, so GET OVER IT ALREADY.
There is a bright side to your whole 'This is a Fiasco' gig, we've already seen the best that Wilson had to give in the last few seasons ( anemic playoff performances) .... ALMOST, get your hopes up just wasn't fun anymore.
I'm quite aware that there will likely be some growing pains in the next couple years, I can live with that.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Regarding Jody Allen there is no way to truly confirm that she chose Carroll over Wilson. However, the fact that she extended Carroll for 5 years during a time period we were not lighting up the sky is consistent with the outlook that it was a lazy decision so she did not need to address the coaching position. I would have preferred, when she decided to keep Carroll, to extend it a year or two at most and reevaluate him at that point. No other team would pick him up at his age for 5 years I don't believe so we were not losing him. Jody giving him 5 years at his age would have been more appropriate if we had just lost a dogfight in the NFCCG.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
A ROOKIE read the play, a NON-ROOKIE Quarterback who's proven he CAN'T "READ" a Defense-->>>MADE A BAD PASS.
LOLOL Wilson OBVIOUSLY DID NOT "Had the Team Where it Needed to be to Win"
You are the one who is REACHING & "Clueless" when it comes to running an NFL Franchise.
THINK ABOUT THIS ->> Tom Brady wasn't expecting Bill Belichick to be shit-canned by Robert Kraft, eh?, NO, he decided that he wanted to GO ELSEWHERE.
You BOLDLY ASSUME that because she chose to continue on with Pete Carroll, that Jodi will lose money "this season"?? LOLOLOLOLOLOL How Much?? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Lol, Butler did not read the play. Browner told him it was coming. As for the play itself, it was doomed for failure before it was even called with the personnel that was on the field. Kearse whiffed on Browner and Lockette was the worst receiver on the field.

So the Seahawks werent in scoring position to win the game? Ok.

A team thats lucky to win 6 games is going to make money with decreased ticket sales, decreased merchandise sales, and a lack of prime time games? Pass me what your smoking. I need some.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
And, again, this "inside scoop" crap is such a half-baked theory that bears out exactly nowhere else in the modern NFL ever.

People really crave dead simple answers to nuanced questions, no matter how little sense the answers actually make.

Y'all hear that? Quick, hire a college coach, any college coach. They got the SCOOP, bro!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
In fact, free agency acquisitions should always work out exactly as intended, because YO, these coaches have the SCOOP, bro!

The special, inside scoop that only a coach in the same league as the player can have!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Regarding Jody Allen there is no way to truly confirm that she chose Carroll over Wilson. However, the fact that she extended Carroll for 5 years during a time period we were not lighting up the sky is consistent with the outlook that it was a lazy decision so she did not need to address the coaching position. I would have preferred, when she decided to keep Carroll, to extend it a year or two at most and reevaluate him at that point. No other team would pick him up at his age for 5 years I don't believe so we were not losing him. Jody giving him 5 years at his age would have been more appropriate if we had just lost a dogfight in the NFCCG.
Coaches can always be fired, no matter how much time is left on their contract. Making it a 5 year contract rather than a 2 year contract just takes away something that might otherwise occupy part of PC's brain space. That's a good thing. I'd rather have my coach better able to focus on coaching.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Nope, WE got who WE wanted as HC & YOU & Pittpnthrs .....DIDN'T.
Look at it this way...Wilson was Disgruntled & wanted OUT...there was >NO 'Keep One Over the Other' ULTIMATUM<, so GET OVER IT ALREADY.
There is a bright side to your whole 'This is a Fiasco' gig, we've already seen the best that Wilson had to give in the last few seasons ( anemic playoff performances) .... ALMOST, get your hopes up just wasn't fun anymore.
I'm quite aware that there will likely be some growing pains in the next couple years, I can live with that.
And what factors, if any, would make you say "PC needs to be fired now"? Some here have no answer to that. My answer to that is 3 playoff wins in 7 years. Pete is getting pre-excused for likely sucking this year on a team he 100% built. And then what? The year after next? Possible rookie QB? Another year of excuses and no playoffs? And then the next year after? How many wasted years do you see?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
And what factors, if any, would make you say "PC needs to be fired now"? Some here have no answer to that. My answer to that is 3 playoff wins in 7 years. Pete is getting pre-excused for likely sucking this year on a team he 100% built. And then what? The year after next? Possible rookie QB? Another year of excuses and no playoffs? And then the next year after? How many wasted years do you see?
"Likely"? You're not 100% convinced we're going to suck this year?

Please define "likely sucking" a little more specifically.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
"Likely"? You're not 100% convinced we're going to suck this year?

Please define "likely sucking" a little more specifically.
I am not. I am actually a little excited about the great unknown this season. If we keep the same QBs I am thinking we get pounded all year for maybe 4 wins. But, weirder things have happened than having this team actually gel and hit 6-7 wins.

Besides QB I am concerned about our rookies playing much this year. They should but I always get the feeling that when one gets an injury - big or small - that PC basically gives them a redshirt the rest of the year. So, rookies not getting experience.

Lock and Geno doing things that RW would not do on offense will be refreshing. But neither gives me confidence they can go win a game if they need to at the end. And if PC does his shitty "playing the basics so we can see how they react then not actually trying until the end" approach we will do even worse.

Maybe we try some long drives and taking what is given us for a change instead of hero ball. Maybe we win the time of possession for a change. Maybe our TEs will catch passes down the seam. Maybe our QB doesnt hear footsteps mpst plays and bails (though he was justified in learning that behavior) Maybe our defense actually TRIES to disrupt the QB. Maybe our DC isnt a sucky junior version of KNJ. Maybe PC will mind his own business and let Waldron call the plays. I was reasonably happy with the draft so maybe PC can learn but I am not convinced.

So I think we will suck - as in Not making the playoffs. How bad is an unknown. I would love to be wrong and would eat all the crow shoveled at me. I just see no future that PC will win more than one playoff game at the end of any season and that is why I want him gone. If he cannot do it with the teams he has had the last 7 years what makes you think he can do it any time in the future?