Is there a valid reason to root for the Rams next week?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hawkpower":oo9yszbh said:
What a difference a week makes!

Last week, we were inundated with posts telling us that the season was over, playoffs were out of reach, blow up the team.

Now I'm reading about possible routes to the 1 seed.

Love it :)

LOL one of the reasons I try to stay away from here after a loss.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Just did the math... the only path to the 1 seed is either finishing tied with the Eagles for the best record or finishing in a 3-way tie with Carolina and Philadelphia with the best record.

If Seattle wins out, they are almost certainly landing the 3 seed, with a few scenarios that'd have them in the 2 spot, and a couple of super long shot scenarios having them as a 4 seed at 12-4 (literally every other NFC contender would have to finish 12-4 to have a 4 seeded 12-4 Seahawks team)

NJlargent

Reaction score
If we lose to Jax then we need philly to beat the rams.

If the rams beat philly then we essentially have to win out to win the division. Go eagles

adeltaY

Reaction score
Definitely want the Rams to lose. Any of our remaining games is losable so we want the Rams to take as many Ls as they can.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2fng6enf said:

Last week, we were inundated with posts telling us that the season was over, playoffs were out of reach, blow up the team.

And how we're not going anywhere unless we get the #1 seed. :)

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Rams beat Eagles
Seahawks beat Rams.
Eagles lose 1 more.

Seahawks at least move up to 3 seed.

The only thing that's important is to win out.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3sonjgmt said:
Rams beat Eagles
Seahawks beat Rams.
Eagles lose 1 more.

The Rams winning would make our margin of error incredibly small of not only winning the division, but making the playoffs in general.

We're not getting the 1 seed barring some crazy turn of events. The Eagles beating the Rams is much more beneficial to us in the long run.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The only team I am rooting for next week (or any week) are the Seahawks. Evryone else can go suck eggs.

Go Hawks.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Right now, it doesn't matter what the Rams do. The Seahawks are in the drivers' seat to win the division.

If the Rams lose, then great . . . that's added security.

If the Eagles lose, then great . . . that increases our chances of earning a first round bye.

Just win, baby.

Go Hawks! Beat the hell out of the Jaguars!

Fade

Reaction score
Give me the #2 seed, and a bye week.

How to get there?

The Saints lose 2 games. The Eagles lose 2 games. The Seahawks win out. The Vikes end up 13-3.

Go Rams.

The Seahawks have to beat the Rams if they want to win the division anyway.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If you believe the Hawks will win out, then their best chance of getting a first round bye is for the Rams to beat the Eagles.

I'm just looking at this Rams/Eagles game as a win-win as long as the Hawks win.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kidhawk":2jbn1otk said:
sdog1981":2jbn1otk said:
There is never a good reason to root for the Rams.

I used to believe in this, but was proven wrong many years ago. When we were in the AFC, I was passionate in my hate for the Raiders (and the Broncos, but that's a different story). I don't recall the year it happened, but it was the final week and we were in a position to need the Raiders to win to get into the playoffs. I found myself unable to not root for the Raiders that day, even though I told myself I wouldn't do it, as soon as the ball kicked off, I wanted them to win so we'd get into the playoffs. Ever since then, I realized that if it helps my Seahawks, I'm willing to swallow a bit of pride and root for a division rival.

With that said, the more I think about it the more I think this game between the Rams and Eagles is kind of meaningless. I don't see us surpassing 2 of the 3 other division leaders to take over the #2 spot (and obviously not all three for the #1 spot), so with that embedded in my brain, and the fact that even if the Rams win, we just need to keep winning to win our division, I've decided to just concentrate on our win over Jacksonville this week and our wins each upcoming week and let the chips fall where they may.

In 87 we needed a 9-4 Denver to beat an 8-6 Chargers team for us to get into the playoffs. We finished the season 9-6 losing our last game to the Chiefs. If the Chargers beat the Broncos we lose the tie breaker and miss the playoffs. So yeah their have been times to root for a hated rival.

Fade

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1klfases said:
If you believe the Hawks will win out, then their best chance of getting a first round bye is for the Rams to beat the Eagles.

I'm just looking at this Rams/Eagles game as a win-win as long as the Hawks win.

Wrong.

The Eagles need 4 losses for the Seahawks to get the #2 Seed (and a couple of other things). The Rams provide the best opportunity for them to lose another game (Their toughest remaining game). They then need to lose 1 more against the Raiders @ night, or the Cowboys week 17.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ihw10pc said:
vin.couve12":3ihw10pc said:
Rams beat Eagles
Seahawks beat Rams.
Eagles lose 1 more.

The Rams winning would make our margin of error incredibly small of not only winning the division, but making the playoffs in general.

We're not getting the 1 seed barring some crazy turn of events. The Eagles beating the Rams is much more beneficial to us in the long run.

Well then I guess you're right. The Seahawks are just going to lose anyway.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Fade":1ulr4ruw said:
HawkFan72":1ulr4ruw said:

Wrong.

The Eagles need 4 losses for the Seahawks to get the #2 Seed (and a couple of other things). The Rams provide the best opportunity for them to lose another game (Their toughest remaining game). They then need to lose 1 more against the Raiders @ night, or the Cowboys week 17.

Hey, don't count out the Giants. McAdoo is gone and Eli is back at QB... :2thumbs:

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
NJlargent":3crnow4v said:
If we lose to Jax then we need philly to beat the rams.

If the rams beat philly then we essentially have to win out to win the division. Go eagles

Both games are 1:25 and on Fox. Guess we won't know until after it's all said and done.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":xanvwl6a said:
Hawkpower":xanvwl6a said:

And how we're not going anywhere unless we get the #1 seed. :)

Just to be clear I'm not counting any chickens. Who knows what's going to happen. (has to be said to appease the gods of over confidence) I'm just trying to work out the possibilities. Right know it's nice to there are possibilities.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2pxhglhp said:
The only team I am rooting for next week (or any week) are the Seahawks. Evryone else can go suck eggs.

Go Hawks.

Don't see a whole lot of reason for you to be posting in this thread, then.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":23n31779 said:
vin.couve12":23n31779 said:
Rams beat Eagles
Seahawks beat Rams.
Eagles lose 1 more.

Our margin is already small: we lose one more game and there's a very likely chance that we're out entirely.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":27gg1tww said:
Hasselbeck":27gg1tww said:
vin.couve12":27gg1tww said:
Rams beat Eagles
Seahawks beat Rams.
Eagles lose 1 more.

Our margin is already small: we lose one more game and there's a very likely chance that we're out entirely.

Very Likely?? @ 11-5??

You do realize that Carolina already has 4 losses and Atlanta has 5 right? And that they still play each other again....plus other games vs. New Orleans?

Not sure I agree.