Is winning NFC West worth it?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Winning is always worth it. We've had tough schedules before with Pete and John at the helm and we always make the playoffs. I'm not going to let the off chance of some future tough match ups deter me from enjoying each and every victory this year

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If this team is 0-15 going into week 17 and they win and they fall from the #1 draft pick to #2 I still want them to win.

Chapow

Reaction score
mikeak":20mgcy17 said:
I think we get GB and Saints next year if we win our division

Is that worth it?

If we get the bye - I say yes
If we get the two seed - I say yes

If we get third or fourth? Get to play home in crappy weather and get a tougher 2020 schedule? I don't know if it is worth it

I get it play to win, win division, get home game but is it really overall better if GB and Saints gets 1 and 2 spot?

The hangover must've been pretty rough this morning.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
People really are getting worse and worse at reading. Nowhere did I say we should lose on purpose

But hey put word in my mouth then ridicule. It was a pure hypothetical in regards to can WC be better than 3rd or 4th seed. That's it

Sorry should have made another high value post stating "isn't RW to short"

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":y19nxv3y said:
People really are getting worse and worse at reading. Nowhere did I say we should lose on purpose

But hey put word in my mouth then ridicule. It was a pure hypothetical in regards to can WC be better than 3rd or 4th seed. That's it

I don't think many took your post to mean we should lose on purpose. i know I didn't. You did ask if it was worth it though, and I personally always feel a win today is always worth it.

poly1274

Reaction score
mikeak":3qdq1nqj said:
Seahawk Sailor":3qdq1nqj said:
But is it really worth it if we win the Super Bowl, guys? I mean, that 32nd pick in the draft and all...

That is different. As I said if we get the 1 or 2 seed absolutely worth it

I am also not saying that we should lose on purpose or that I think we will. Just saying if we end up with 3rd or 4th seed playing home in crappy weather vs maybe in Minnesota dome and easier schedule next year it isn't all bad

Purely a hypothetical, again two wins and a bye is the best thing that can happen.

You don’t understand how playoff seeding work. Even if we somehow get 3rd or 4th seed that means we won the nfc west and still have to play packers and saints. The only other way is if you mentioned 5th seed or 6th

Largent80

Reaction score
Who gives a rats ass about who we play next year?...Damn, what a group of Dolts assembled here now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":1t6whzza said:

We'll settle for not making any threads about whether winning division titles and going after #1 or #2 seeds is worth it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Winning is always worth it. For the reason that it's much better than the alternative.

HawksBrazil

Reaction score
mikeak":o2rbg2bz said:
I think we get GB and Saints next year if we win our division

Is that worth it?

If we get the bye - I say yes
If we get the two seed - I say yes

If we get third or fourth? Get to play home in crappy weather and get a tougher 2020 schedule? I don't know if it is worth it

I get it play to win, win division, get home game but is it really overall better if GB and Saints gets 1 and 2 spot?

I kind of get your feeling, and have thought about this in the past.
For this scenario, however, winning the division looks like the best option.

In the NFC North, if you don't play Green Bay, you get to play Minnesota. That game will be played home in 2020. Although we have had recent success against the Vikings, I consider them a more complete team than the Packers. At the very least, they are (today, of course) at about the same level.

In the NFC South, there's definitely a big dropoff. Based on current standings, you're talking about playing @Tampa as opposed to @New Orleans.

On the other hand, that means losing one (and possibly 2) home playoff games. So, the question boils down to: home playoff game + @Saints in 2020 vs away playoff game + @Bucs in 2020?

For me, the former is better in this case, but I don't think it's as clear-cut as some people are making it to be.

With that said, such a possibility is merely hypothetical. I'm sure this is not being considered in the slighest inside the organization.

chris98251

Reaction score
We might get Green Bay, they might trade Rodgers or he might retire, Cousins could end up benched for some reason, you play with what you have and to win every game now, off season everything can change, hell in one game a franchise can be changed forever, look at us with Avril, Kam, and Sherman, or Earl Breaking his leg again.

IronSaint

Reaction score
Winning the NFC West gives y'all a reason to book a trip down to New Orleans again next year. Y'all know y'all want to. :lol: ;)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
IronSaint":3njmhw91 said:
Winning the NFC West gives y'all a reason to book a trip down to New Orleans again next year. Y'all know y'all want to. :lol: ;)
I can't lie, it'd be fun to go see the Seahawks play in NOLA.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":9m48142z said:
IronSaint":9m48142z said:

It was....and I would go back in a heartbeat.

IronSaint

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ftznbbrh said:
Well if luck may have it, maybe y'all can end up making two trips down this way in 2020 depending on how things shake out in the next month. ;)

Seahawkfan80":ftznbbrh said:
Hahaha, ayeee! Came down for the 2016 game or the 2010 game?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
IronSaint":7x0u2ihw said:
RolandDeschain":7x0u2ihw said:
Well if luck may have it, maybe y'all can end up making two trips down this way in 2020 depending on how things shake out in the next month. ;)

Seahawkfan80":7x0u2ihw said:
Hahaha, ayeee! Came down for the 2016 game or the 2010 game?

2016....tried to meet up or see ya....you were not around. We lost and I was able to drown my sorrows a few blocks away with a lot of beads. it was around halloween....and my bday.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
mikeak":3v1dpov7 said:
Seahawk Sailor":3v1dpov7 said:
But is it really worth it if we win the Super Bowl, guys? I mean, that 32nd pick in the draft and all...

That is different. As I said if we get the 1 or 2 seed absolutely worth it

I am also not saying that we should lose on purpose or that I think we will. Just saying if we end up with 3rd or 4th seed playing home in crappy weather vs maybe in Minnesota dome and easier schedule next year it isn't all bad

Purely a hypothetical, again two wins and a bye is the best thing that can happen.

If we win the division we most likely have to win out and if we win out we will be the #1 seed, so this entire thread is pointless. IMO

Latest posts