Jalen Ramsey a Ram....

chris98251

Reaction score
Well first of all the Rams have to win the division, Ramsey is a good CB, but that's a lot to give up when your in a division that focuses on the running game first, 49ers and Seahawks will gladly let him sit out there and admire the view if were running for close to 200 yards a game against them.

Rams are already 2 losses back in the division in head to head, yes we are early but being two games down to the two teams rising this season with a Arizona team that won't be a gimme coming up isn't a good place to be.

rcaido

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ugu4jw7 said:
That's WAY too much to give up, especially with him wanting a massive contract. They just gave huge money to Mr. Glass Gurley and fold like a tent Goff. Hell of a player, but not worth the risk of giving up two 1st rd picks and a 4th.
I can't imagine Hawks fans being happy about giving up that much for a guy like that. He's a ticking time bomb, basically quit on the Jags, oh but look his back is magically healed now :roll:

You really dont know his situation on why he didn't want to play for that team. Look at Duane Brown, he quit on his team w/ the holdout but he's been great w/ us.

Sometimes a nice change in scenery works great for players. I think he would have been awesome for us.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your opinion. He gave up on his team, and now his back "injury" is magically cured.
He's acted like a Jack ass for a good portion of his career and is going to want to be paid more than any corner in history. AND they gave up two 1st rounds picks and a 4th? WAY too much.
He's a hell of a player, but I'm so glad the Hawks didn't do this deal.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Name me another top 1 or 2 CB in the past 20 years that has not been a diva.

Deion? Yep
Sherman? Yep
Revis? Yep
Norman? Yep
Ramsey? Yep

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2wr3g3q7 said:
I would trade him for Mcdowell and Penny.

lol people scoff at the idea of 2 firsts and a 4th but when you put names to the picks, Penny, Collier, Jennings for Ramsey. Who isn't doing that

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":13dhhroh said:
That's your opinion. He gave up on his team, and now his back "injury" is magically cured.
He's acted like a Jack ass for a good portion of his career and is going to want to be paid more than any corner in history. AND they gave up two 1st rounds picks and a 4th? WAY too much.
He's a hell of a player, but I'm so glad the Hawks didn't do this deal.

You are wrong, the NFL.com talking heads say that the Rams won and the Jags lost on the trade. I think they must expect that Ramsey will play OL at an elite level for offensive snaps.

chris98251

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2l41m5au said:
Bobblehead":2l41m5au said:

lol people scoff at the idea of 2 firsts and a 4th but when you put names to the picks, Penny, Collier, Jennings for Ramsey. Who isn't doing that

Or Walter Jones, Shaun Alexander, Steve Hutchinson, Kenny Easley, Earl Thomas, Cortez Kennedy.

We can do this all day, depends on position, draft strength of position, needs, and GM as well as Coaches influence now doesn't it?

Also you are given that up for at this juncture a one year rental player unless they get him to sign an extension.

Rat

Reaction score
It's probably a good deal. Two firsts that are likely to be in the bottom or so dozen picks; statistically, one is likely to be underwhelming, and the other one is very unlikely to be better than Ramsey. It feels like a lot to give up, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it works out better than the picks would have.

The bigger issue might be the trickle down effect when they have to pay him. That makes like four players who are making elite money for their position. That may end up killing their depth. Their scouts are going to have to work overtime to find those value guys who can contribute.

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":207013vs said:
flmmkrz":207013vs said:
Bobblehead":207013vs said:

Or Walter Jones, Shaun Alexander, Steve Hutchinson, Kenny Easley, Earl Thomas, Cortez Kennedy.

We can do this all day, depends on position, draft strength of position, needs, and GM as well as Coaches influence now doesn't it?

I doubt the Rams will be bad enough to miss out on THOSE kind of talents; not that they don't fall past the early part of the draft, but that will end up being more of a hindsight thing. Although, they might be putting themselves in a position where an untimely injury could be especially pernicious.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rat":3t6fx4px said:
chris98251":3t6fx4px said:
flmmkrz":3t6fx4px said:
Bobblehead":3t6fx4px said:

I doubt the Rams will be bad enough to miss out on THOSE kind of talents; not that they don't fall past the early part of the draft, but that will end up being more of a hindsight thing. Although, they might be putting themselves in a position where an untimely injury could be especially pernicious.

The reply was to counter the picks that obviously the quoted poster deemed as busts,

Easley pick 4
Tez Pick 3
Alexander pick 19
Hutchinson pick 17
Thomas pick 14

Take out Easley and Tez and your falling into a zone they could pick at, you also had the possible trade up with two for one picks which the Rams do a lot so the Easley and Tez Picks where not probable are not impossible.

Right now they are a .500 ball club.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
chris98251":6b02u2ai said:
Rat":6b02u2ai said:
chris98251":6b02u2ai said:
flmmkrz":6b02u2ai said:

The reply was to counter the picks that obviously the quoted poster deemed as busts,

Easley pick 4
Tez Pick 3
Alexander pick 19
Hutchinson pick 17
Thomas pick 14

Take out Easley and Tez and your falling into a zone they could pick at, you also had the possible trade up with two for one picks which the Rams do a lot so the Easley and Tez Picks where not probable are not impossible.

I used those players as those were the last 2 first rounders and our last 4th. It's easy to use the best picks over our history as a reason not to do this trade but im just going off recent history. This teams 1st round picks have largely been misses. I just googled it and since Thomas our 1st round history is Carpenter, Irvin, NO pick, No pick, No pick, Ifedi, Penny and Collier....wouldn't you trade every one of those for Ramsey? JS and Pete find a lot of gems later but first rounders they seem to whiff so give me the sure thing vs getting more of these types of picks. For me the draft pick cost wasn't as prohibitive as his salary will be.

chris98251

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3rz1ln36 said:
chris98251":3rz1ln36 said:
Rat":3rz1ln36 said:
chris98251":3rz1ln36 said:

Easley pick 4
Tez Pick 3
Alexander pick 19
Hutchinson pick 17
Thomas pick 14

I used those players as those were the last 2 first rounders and our last 4th. It's easy to use the best picks over our history as a reason not to do this trade but im just going off recent history. This teams 1st round picks have largely been misses. I just googled it and since Thomas our 1st round history is Carpenter, Irvin, NO pick, No pick, No pick, Ifedi, Penny and Collier....wouldn't you trade every one of those for Ramsey? JS and Pete find a lot of gems later but first rounders they seem to whiff so give me the sure thing vs getting more of these types of picks. For me the draft pick cost wasn't as prohibitive as his salary will be.

On a Rookie Deal yes, not on this deal with no extension in the trade. He has already been a Club problem, that will continue, he is in his own head and the press are feeding off it, I remember Shawn Springs and the Cancer that started and perpetuated when he began reading his press clipping also. This will continue with Ramsey much like Revis and Sherman at the End.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
That team is in a world of hurt. If they resign Ramsey, they'll have 100M in cap spent on their top 5 contracts. And their big ones are not structured to give the team options to release.

If they don't make the playoffs this year, then both these picks will be for mid teens type players. And if the Jags trade back, several potential starters. They'll be able to move back and pick up a late first CB if they wanted and reload at the position, albeit at a discount in quality. This is a good year for CB needy teams.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
chris98251":1oqdohbd said:
flmmkrz":1oqdohbd said:
chris98251":1oqdohbd said:
Rat":1oqdohbd said:

Easley pick 4
Tez Pick 3
Alexander pick 19
Hutchinson pick 17
Thomas pick 14

On a Rookie Deal yes, not on this deal with no extension in the trade. He has already been a Club problem, that will continue, he is in his own head and the press are feeding off it, I remember Shawn Springs and the Cancer that started and perpetuated when he began reading his press clipping also. This will continue with Ramsey much like Revis and Sherman at the End.

I would bet theres an extension that's upcoming very shortly, no way they go this heavily in without word that he's very interested in reupping with them. I'm not concerned about that. As for being a club problem, there are so many cases of players being one clubs problem being fine in another spot, and sometimes it carries on, its hard to say which case Ramsey will be. The jags did make a mess out of their team and handled his extension terrible, so they are themselves a large part of the problem with how this turned out. So I'm not ready to say that he can't buy in with a better organization just yet.

chris98251

Reaction score
flmmkrz":5mybbl7w said:
chris98251":5mybbl7w said:
flmmkrz":5mybbl7w said:
chris98251":5mybbl7w said:

Easley pick 4
Tez Pick 3
Alexander pick 19
Hutchinson pick 17
Thomas pick 14

I would bet theres an extension that's upcoming very shortly, no way they go this heavily in without word that he's very interested in reupping with them. I'm not concerned about that. As for being a club problem, there are so many cases of players being one clubs problem being fine in another spot, and sometimes it carries on, its hard to say which case Ramsey will be. The jags did make a mess out of their team and handled his extension terrible, so they are themselves a large part of the problem with how this turned out. So I'm not ready to say that he can't buy in with a better organization just yet.

You have a Gurley Problem, you have a scoring problem, your in a Market that loves to feed on drama, you bring in a butthurt CB in a area that the media loves to baste Stars in high contrast paint. The contract is an issue, why because much like Thomas he started using the Media as a leverage point, he did back off granted, but it's there.

The Rams just need more distractions this season I guess, we seen how that affects a team, hell look at AB, not saying Ramsey is like him but it's a distraction.

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":35yzefnq said:
Rat":35yzefnq said:
chris98251":35yzefnq said:
flmmkrz":35yzefnq said:

Easley pick 4
Tez Pick 3
Alexander pick 19
Hutchinson pick 17
Thomas pick 14

I guess it depends on where those picks end up. Regardless, late first rounders become Rashaad Penny much more often than mid-first rounders become Steve Hutchinson. Basically the Rams would have had to hit on both of those picks for them to be better than Ramsey. Granted, he will make much more than those guys, at least for the next several years, but having a star player in that secondary, especially with Aaron Donald dominating the line, could be enormous. I see why this move was so attractive to them.

Despite their recent funk, I believe they have the coaching and top-end talent of a team that is much better than .500. I am concerned of what this could do to their depth though, and they are running out of ways to fix an offensive line that desperately needs an overhaul. They're also making themselves more vulnerable to injury than the average team. I kind of see both sides of the argument. I have a hard time saying unequivocally that this is a good or bad deal for the Rams.

ringless

Reaction score
I feel if this was a trade the Hawks has done most would applaud it. The price was certainly steep. But we don’t even know the cost yet. What if it’s too late 1st round picks? He was certainly worth a 1st.

Jalen

1st round pick = unknown unlikely to be as a talented
2nd 1st round pick = unknown

The real cost is the picks + money certainly. It wasn’t a terrible trade but not great. He’s likely to perform well for years to come.

ringless

Reaction score
Would you guys have traded a 24-25 year old Sherman for 2 firsts and a 4th? Probably not. Especially if Sherman has been a 1st rounder

2_0_6

Reaction score
ringless":2rzhopxu said:
I feel if this was a trade the Hawks has done most would applaud it. .

A Hawks team with a QB on a rookie contract? Sure. How the Hawks currently are set with cap room, picks and needs? Not a chance.

Latest posts