Jim Rome Predicts Denver Blows Us Out

davidonmi

Reaction score
5 TD's? Did he really say that

That makes two people, Brunell and Rome who predict a blow out, that donkey still isn't right

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
*guffaws*

Yeah, we're getting blown out. We might very well lose this game, but I guarantee it'll be close if we do. We haven't lost by more than 7 points since 2011, and these donkey chumps have been teeing off on crap-ass defenses all year.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Wow, Denver had a couple of good offensive games in their two playoff games at home and didn't crack 30 in either game. So now he goes on the road to a neutral site game against a better defense, in worse weather and he's going to pretty much do what he did in those two games combined. I respectfully disagree with Rome on this in. Interesting thing I heard about that 2nd pre-season game where Peyton moved the ball well. Apparently because it was a team the Broncos don't see much and a potential Super Bowl opponent down the road, Manning had the offense prepare like a playoff game....for a pre-season game.
I admirre that level of detail and his foresight, but if the Broncos prepared like that and the Hawks still treated it like a pre-season game, it stands to reason the Broncos would have looked good early.

I don't think our defense completely shuts Manning and that offense down. They are too good. But 5 TD passes? Hmmm

davidonmi

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2zhyw5ag said:
*guffaws*

Yeah, we're getting blown out. We might very well lose this game, but I guarantee it'll be close if we do. We haven't lost by more than 7 points since 2011, and these donkey chumps have been teeing off on crap-ass defenses all year.
this isn't a holmgren team, never got blown out.
There is a good chance we lose, but there is no way we get blown out

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":15dhgo3b said:
It's a legitimate opinion, why so upset?

Sometimes these forums get a bit silly. You have crazy Seahawk fans predicting blowouts, yet those same fans get butthurt if Denver fans or a random sports announcer predict a blowout.

I watched the Pre-season game. Peyton Manning moved the ball AT WILL on this defense. They looked as inept as I have ever seen them.

Turnovers changed that game, so all that Denver has to do is control the turnovers and you could see big trouble.

If you look at it with an unbiased eye, and watch how the Seahawks offense has, well, been average for the entire playoffs - it seems obvious to me that the most the hawks can hope for is maybe 27 points on a good day, more than they've scored in how long? But still not quite enough to win this thing.

If you look with an unbiased eye, you see that Seattle averages 23 ppg vs 14th or better ranked defenses, which is all they've faced the past six weeks, and 34 ppg vs 15th or worse ranked defenses, of which they are facing the 21st ranked defense this Sunday. Then you see that it seems obvious that the Hawks can hope to put up around 34 on the Broncos.

SO you have to hold the greatest offense in NFL history, playing with modern rules -- understanding that the NFL is totally up Peyton's ass, and NOBODY will call offensive holding against Denver (completely rendering our pass rush ineffective) , and understand that there may be some snow and bad footing (giving the edge to the Denver receivers) - you could definitely make a case that Manning will get hot and rip off 42 points, and that under those conditions, Wilson will be forced to pass behind a terrible offensive line.

Denver avg'd 38 ppg vs top 14 defenses. However, those defenses were NYG week 2 when NY was a mess. Baltimore week1, and KC twice. That's it. That's the only above average defenses they've faced all year. Last I checked, that KC defense stunk it up, not just against Denver, but any decent offense the last half of the season and were highly overrated. The Giants didn't hold anyone to under 27 points the first six weeks of the season and Baltimore is an aging defense on the decline.

The Broncos "greatest offense in NFL history" hasn't proven it against anybody. They've feasted on the weak. Any analyst paid $15/yr. should know this. Seattle is the FIRST legit defense they've faced all year.

The narrative of this game is set. The Seahawks are the villain, the Bronco's are the good guys. "Peyton Manning gets to be crowned the greatest of all time."

The narrative of this game is Rain City Redemption.

Every time an old great player gets close to the big show, it becomes about "crowning his ass". It was about Ray Lewis last year, it was about Bettis in 05, this year it's about Manning.

Tell that to the 74 Steelers. Remind Johnny Unitas that Joe Namath owes him a ring. Tell it to the Pats going undefeated into the SB a few years back.

The Seahawks will have to play the greatest game they have played in the last 2 years to even have a shot of overcoming all the obstacles they will face.

No. Denver will. Seattle will just have to play it's game. Period. Denver is at best a 3rd place team in the NFC West.

If they get distracted by all the nonsense, and come out and play poorly, and Wilson goes into deer in the headlights mode and starts sailing passes and missing open targets, it could get ugly fast.

Wilson going deer in the headlights? He just spent the entire season with the worst pass protection in the NFL and finished with over 100 QB rating. And NOW he's suddenly going deer in the headlights vs Denver's defense for crissakes.

Move away from the typewriter. Put down whatever your smoking. There are professionals waiting on the crisis line to help you.

All this is PURE CONJECTURE, just like what everyone else is doing on all sides. It's his job.... if Rome wants to call that, he has every right to look at it through his glasses, and follow whatever logic makes sense.

The more people that pick against Seattle, the more motivation the Seahawks will have, especially if that shit makes it to the ears of all the players, including the Broncos.

The Bronco's are "expected to win" and if there are more Jim Romes out there predicting this stuff, and it gets to the ears of the Seahawks and the Bronco's, well that's just sauce for the goose.

No. Guy gets paid $15 mil/yr. He should be required to do better than that.

chet380

Reaction score
With Howard Cosell out of the picture, Jim Rome became The Biggest A__hole In Sports Broadcasting Bar None.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
My neighbor's cat think the Broncos win also, but I don't need to make a thread about it.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If you shut down the Denver run game with a 4 man front and good tackling it takes away the pass game a bit just like every other team.

Denver will probably move the ball with short passes, but to think that they will enough to score 5 TDs on this defense? Did we give up after 2?

Apparently people think Seattle's defense will be scared of the stage and the opponent, where do they get these freakin ideas?

Veilside

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone paying attention could possibly predict a blowout against us in this match up and actually mean it. Everything points to us either winning big, winning close or losing close, but not losing big. And for us to lose at all would mean we completely self destructed (which I guess is possible) or Peyton managed to evolve into a being of eternal light and knowledge.

Honestly I'm more comfortable with this match up at a neutral site than I was going against the Saints for the 2nd time at home (which I was pretty comfortable with).

If Peyton pulls off this win then he deserves all the praise he would get.

Lanakila

Reaction score
I am incapable of listening to his Eeyore voice for more than about a minute. His whole tone is 'you're so f*cking stupid.'

zifnab32

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2hftn0xh said:
I watched the Pre-season game. Peyton Manning moved the ball AT WILL on this defense. They looked as inept as I have ever seen them.

Preseason games mean literally nothing

drdiags

Reaction score
Rome was expressing his love for Sherman but that ship has sailed. He needs a new narrative so this seems like a good choice.

I think you can throw all the stats out the window. It comes down to who is able to perform at their best up and down the team. No drops, no missed tackles or bad throws. You will not know that until the game starts.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1oi24nr3 said:
*guffaws*

This. We could lose but if any blowout happens we will be on the positive side of it. Between our style and Denver's with weather factored in expect something similar to the second New Orleans game. Peyton will get his numbers but we will control the game.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Jim Rome predicted San Francisco was going to blow us out. That's actually a good sign.

253hawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1wj5gq1m said:

Turnovers changed that game, so all that Denver has to do is control the turnovers and you could see big trouble.

That's Seattle's strength; they make you extend drives by not giving up the big play. That means more plays, more chances for penalties, and more opportunities to create turnovers. Raw yardage doesn't mean squat, especially if they're settling for FG's after long drives. Most of Manning's chunks of yardage in that game were against Browner who always seemed to be out of position the most. Won't happen with Thurmond or Lane.

Seattle finished #2 in the league in big play differential (46) to Philly by two plays (48.) It wasn't even close from #3 on down...SF was #3 with 30 and Denver was tied at #4 with 17. Denver also had a turnover diff of 0 for the year.

HawkWow

Reaction score
TruHammer07":35sv2mf9 said:
I think Romes a good guy, last time I checked he's paid to give his opinion, so what if it differs from ours. Also last time I checked he makes 15+ million per year. He knows what he's doing.. just not so much with prognosticating.

He's a classless punk and I say this regardless of who he sees winning the SB (because I couldn't care less).

IE: When Manny Pacquiao was training for his 3rd fight with Juan Marquez, and running for election simultaneously, he declined an invite to Rome's show because of his hectic schedule.

The following day, on air, Rome described Pacquiao's singing as "the sound Manny's dog made just before his dad ate him". For some reason, I guess because Filipinos are a small minority, Rome was allowed to keep his job. But can you imagine the (deserved) uproar had he made a similar comment about watermelon?

I did sports radio for a decade and certainly feel my show was a bit left of center. Multiple fines and suspensions suggest as much. But there are some lines you just don't cross...especially when referring to one of the good guys in professional sports and a hero to a race with little to cheer (globally speaking).

scutterhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":14zdflhp said:
TruHammer07":14zdflhp said:
I think Romes a good guy, last time I checked he's paid to give his opinion, so what if it differs from ours. Also last time I checked he makes 15+ million per year. He knows what he's doing.. just not so much with prognosticating.

Last time I checked, he's a dick.

[youtube]9HNgqQVHI_8[/youtube]
Likes to push buttons, but has no ass to back it up.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1xde9k4l said:
SalishHawkFan":1xde9k4l said:
Move away from the typewriter. Put down whatever your smoking. There are professionals waiting on the crisis line to help you.

No professionals needed.

You see, the difference between you and I... is that I don't take myself seriously.

I used to have a definitive idea of what was the "truth" was and what was going to happen, whether it be politics, religion, games, but since I've been through way too much really nasty shit in life, I realize it all just washes out one way or another and people who don't bend tend to snap like twigs.

I could just as easily argue the case that it is the Seahawks who will blow out the Broncos: BECAUSE they have just faced 4 consecutive teams with Defenses that that are vastly superior to anything that Denver has seen, and in fact, the last two had offenses that are superior to anything Denver has faced.

And then some Denver homer would say to me, exactly what you just tried to pull: "Oh, you need help."

No I don't. I am just fine kid. I get it.

Nobody has a clue what is going to happen in this game. People are throwing darts at boards. That was the point of my post. Don't get bent out of shape over where the darts land.
It's one thing to post possibilities, it's another to post fantasies. The "what if Russell Wilson becomes a deer in the headlights" scenario is a fantasy.

LOL, again, read my entire post -- I was explaining the process of talking oneself into a Bronco blowout.

I write a deliberate piece of fiction to make a point, and fellow Seahawk fans freak out at me and start arguing! Even sillier than freaking out over what Rome said.

My actual game prediction will come the day before the Superbowl, and trust me, it will not be a blowout prediction on either side
I get that you're trying to make up some kind of defense for Rome. Which is why I made my points that a guy getting paid $15mil/yr. should know better.