Jim Rome Predicts Denver Blows Us Out

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
He also picked San Fran to beat us last Sunday. For what it's worth, he admitted he was wrong and gave Seattle their props.

I don't really care for him. He sounds like Sato in Karate Kid II after about four Red Bull's. But he does seem to be rather knowledgeable of sports, which is why a five touchdown spread prediction seems more like trolling than a legit pick. I think he throws things out like this to get angry callers, and he doesn't care if he is wrong.

I've seen him pick against upstart teams in college--UCF in their BCS bowl this year, for instance--with the only logic that "UCF will lose because Baylor is Baylor, and UCF is still UCF." Just to get a rise. I think given the histories of the two franchises in this year's Superb Owl, he probably will float the "Seattle is still mediocre Seattle" barb at some point.

davidonmi

Reaction score
What makes me like stuff like this is I know our team is gonna feed off crap like this, isn't this exactly what we want?

HawkWow

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1rorp2jk said:
SalishHawkFan":1rorp2jk said:
I get that you're trying to make up some kind of defense for Rome. Which is why I made my points that a guy getting paid $15mil/yr. should know better.

Not defending him. I was merely explaining how he uses conjecture to come up with this stuff, which is what many folks do.

Like I said, some people throw darts at the wall -- he throws boogers.

He makes his money by being an "entertainer" -- he's the Rush Limbaugh of sports announcers. It's about stirring the pot.

That goes without saying. We all understand it's his job to create a buzz and / or stir the sh*t. But that can be achieved while still maintaining a level of intelligence, respect and dignity. Calling Jim Everett "Crissy" was just juvenile and the racist remark I mention above, unacceptable.

I don't like Rome because I am insulted / embarrassed that so many do. I am certain those same people are the target audience for every lame ass beer commercial anyone with an above room temperature IQ has ever had to endure.

marko358

Reaction score
Jim Rose is about as good at making predictions as my neighbor who has dementia.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
HawkWow":3fmov2ch said:
The following day, on air, Rome described Pacquiao's singing as "the sound Manny's dog made just before his dad ate him". For some reason, I guess because Filipinos are a small minority, Rome was allowed to keep his job. But can you imagine the (deserved) uproar had he made a similar comment about watermelon?
Jeezus... did not know that. What I said before about liking Rome generally? Yeah, that's done now.

Broncomaniac69

Reaction score
Hello Seahawk Fans!! I come in peace!!

Jim Rome can be a tool and I don't believe for one minute that we will "blow you out". That's a bit over the top.

We Bronco fans are a bit confident yet scared at the same time.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Broncomaniac69":k9241frc said:
Hello Seahawk Fans!! I come in peace!!

Jim Rome can be a tool and I don't believe for one minute that we will "blow you out". That's a bit over the top.

We Bronco fans are a bit confident yet scared at the same time.
Sanity? Get out!! J/K. That's exactly where I'm at honestly with the position reversed naturally.

Axx

Reaction score
more jim rome gold

[youtube]73vGdCaC048[/youtube]

Schleprock

Reaction score
Jim Rome can suck it. Might help straighten his teeth.

The day that Rams QB Jim Everett table-tossed Rome, and he squeeled like a baby in the fetal position... was the day I no longer gave a damn about any of his tough-talk. He's the epitome of 'hide behind it'/Twitter culture.

Sucks his thumb and wears a diaper when he goes home. I could care less about what he thinks.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Not saying this means a whole hell of a lot but in the Denver pre-season game Peyton was in for a quarter and a half. In that time the Broncs had 5 possessions 2 of which ended in 3 and outs 2 ended in turnovers and one ended in 7 points.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
253hawk":3voylfag said:
The_Z_Man":3voylfag said:
I watched the Pre-season game. Peyton Manning moved the ball AT WILL on this defense. They looked as inept as I have ever seen them.

Turnovers changed that game, so all that Denver has to do is control the turnovers and you could see big trouble.

That's Seattle's strength; they make you extend drives by not giving up the big play. That means more plays, more chances for penalties, and more opportunities to create turnovers. Raw yardage doesn't mean squat, especially if they're settling for FG's after long drives. Most of Manning's chunks of yardage in that game were against Browner who always seemed to be out of position the most. Won't happen with Thurmond or Lane.

Seattle finished #2 in the league in big play differential (46) to Philly by two plays (48.) It wasn't even close from #3 on down...SF was #3 with 30 and Denver was tied at #4 with 17. Denver also had a turnover diff of 0 for the year.

Maxwell took Browner's spot. I expect Manning to test him a number of times and then pay for it.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Jim Rome is a blowhard.

John Clayton and Mike Sando both believe that the Hawks will prevail.

Their opinions trump Rome's... by a long shot.

Basis4day

Reaction score
People here must have missed his love of Sherman all last week. Rome is an entertainer, not an analyst. Give up on the Jim Everett stuff. It was 20 years ago.

themunn

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3dnqcs8k said:
I watched the Pre-season game. Peyton Manning moved the ball AT WILL on this defense. They looked as inept as I have ever seen them.

And Wilson moved the ball on the Broncos defense AT WILL (8/12 127 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs), Lynch had 2 carries.
Kearse had a kickoff returned for a TD (and the Broncos would carry that through to the season to finish worst in the league on kickoff coverage in yards per return allowed). Now they're facing Harvin?

As for Manning moving the ball on us, yes he did, but at the end of the day it translated to one score (which would probably have been flagged for early blocking by Decker in a competitive game). And here's some defensive players missing that day:

Cliff Avril
Bruce Irvin
Tony McDaniel
Chris Clemons

Tell me they won't have an impact on Sunday? The big miss from August will be Browner, who had a massive game, forcing a fumble and recovering it, and recovering another for the TD.

TJH

Reaction score
Who cares. You're never going to get a consensus from the media. People are picking against the Broncos too...

HawkWow

Reaction score
Basis4day":y11dm8xj said:
People here must have missed his love of Sherman all last week. Rome is an entertainer, not an analyst. Give up on the Jim Everett stuff. It was 20 years ago.

Entertainment for the easily amused.