JJ McCarthy Just Declared for the Draft

QWERTY

Reaction score
This is a ridiculous emotional take and shows how few people can objectively assess NFL talent. I hope you have the courage to come back here after the draft and admit you were wrong. This is the same kind of thinking that caused many to question the selection of Russel Wilson.

I don't know what you see in him, but he didn't impress me against Iowa, Ohio State or even against Bama or Washington.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I don't know what you see in him, but he didn't impress me against Iowa, Ohio State or even against Bama or Washington.
Do some research before trashing a player. He was injured in the Penn State game and was playing hurt the rest of the season. Not to mention, in case you hadn't noticed, Michigan is a run first offense that does not ask a lot of their QB. If you read any of the links I provided you would see there's a lot to like about JJ McCarthy.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tom Brady didn't have a cannon when he was first in the NFL. He developed his arm talent while in the NFL I feel, he wasn't known for having a cannon until about 2007.
Yeah, I suppose that's true. He really did develop that sucker.

Still, McCarthy's lack of developed arm talent makes him a super tough sell in the first for me.

12forlife

Reaction score
Cannon? He sure had to wind up to use what you call "Cannon"
I'm not a QB coach by any means, but JJ has an arm that will make any throw in the NFL. 29-1 his mechanics must be trash. Never threw a pick vs Ohio St., Alabama or Washington to win the Natty!Dudes arm is legit. His biggest issue going into the draft is he's a bit lean @ 6'3" 202lbs.

Scout

Reaction score
Lean isn't a big deal if you have the frame to add some weight with some NFL level weight training.

getnasty

Reaction score

I would be thrilled with McCarthy at 16 but I don't think he'll be around. I think he gets knocked because he wasn't in a pass heavy spread offense with elite talent on the outside. Plug him into to Washingtons offense and I think he's looked at a little different.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We have, uh... very different definitions of cannon
Exactly. Cannon? No.
Let me guess, Joe Montana also had a cannon? Steve Young? No

Accuracy and decision making and tough as nails? Yep. Cannon? Absolutely not.

Guys with a cannon: Favre, Elway, Josh Allen, Mahomes