Jody Allen needs to have a come to Jesus with Pete

Nunya

Reaction score
The fact that the same patterns and trends have been happening since 2015 and everybody wants to ignore it.
Oh, you mean those patterns and trends that happens to every team in the NFL?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The fact that the same patterns and trends have been happening since 2015 and everybody wants to ignore it.

Again, the question isnt about Pete. It's about a poster's question regarding this years team.

Feel free to read the actual quote before responding

Thanks

renofox

Reaction score
For each of rhe last 5 years many people have been confident that PC would turn the Defense around "next year".

There's a post here somewhere that details the massive amount of high picks and $ that he's used, with nothing to show for it except for bottom dweller Defenses with all-time historically bad stretches.

I'd just like someone to explain rationally why they expect next year to be different. I just don't believe PC will ever again field a great Defense unless he strips the offense to devote 80%+ of $/pick resources to defense to do so (and even then it's iffy).

I have given up on the turnaround happening "next year".

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
For each of rhe last 5 years many people have been confident that PC would turn the Defense around "next year".

There's a post here somewhere that details the massive amount of high picks and $ that he's used, with nothing to show for it except for bottom dweller Defenses with all-time historically bad stretches.

I'd just like someone to explain rationally why they expect next year to be different. I just don't believe PC will ever again field a great Defense unless he strips the offense to devote 80%+ of $/pick resources to defense to do so (and even then it's iffy).

I have given up on the turnaround happening "next year".

Exactly. That's why I said everybody ignores it. Why people think he's going to magically change all of a sudden and fix a defense that's been broken for years is beyond me.

12forlife

Reaction score
Yep. How dare Pete make the playoffs in a year when they were supposed to be bad.
Yes bad! JS/PC bombed the draft & FA 2018-2021. They were expected to be bottom 5 of league, but then all of the sudden something changed last year and we didn't get all cute and collect 15 mid to late rd picks. They stuck to their guns, and took the stud in front of them! I hope Miss Allen sits in on the draft this year, and makes the boys stick to the same philosophy, plus fill a couple holes in FA. Atleast put a better defense on the field better then my 8yr old nephew's little league team.

Reactions: bbq

mikeford

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Pete's but I'm a little confused by our switch to a 3/4 front and a two deep safety look in back. It's ironic the defense that shut Wilson down and became pretty stylish for a few years is rapidly going out of style when we decide to adopt it. To make matters worse, the team that plays our old D best is the 49er's. I don't get it.

Mick063

Reaction score
The run defense sucks. Regardless, most of the best talent is on rookie deals. The team is loaded with draft capital. The search for a competent quarterback isn't a pressing issue, and the team qualified for post season in a rebuild year after trading its franchise quarterback. Hence, this team can easily be fixed, and people can justifiably feel optimistic.

If you feel entitled to more than what this season has provided, then you can easily be discounted as more of a nagging complainer than a fan. Further, internet outrage is so commonplace, that there is nothing special or unique about it anymore. The web is chock full of it. People that complain, just for the sake of complaining. It becomes their identity. They are so common that they inherently blend into the background noise now. Tuned out like a nagging spouse. You know, the kind of spouse that is impossible to make happy. The ones that don't realize that happiness is a state of mind that comes from within, and don't realize that it is a fool's errand to rely on others to do the heavy lifting (of making yourself happy) for you. Yea...that kind of nagging spouse. Entitled people always blame others for their own unhappiness because they give that burden to others instead of doing it for themselves.

The people that incessantly complain about this season remind me of a nagging, impossible to make happy because she can't make her own self happy, so it is your job to do it for her, spouse.

Last edited:

hoxrox

Reaction score
Exactly. That's why I said everybody ignores it. Why people think he's going to magically change all of a sudden and fix a defense that's been broken for years is beyond me.
Because the team hasn't had this kind of draft capitol for over a decade?

Game wreckers like a Donald or Bosa don't fall to the second and third rounds.

What we do with these next 2 picks will tell us more about where this team is heading.

NoGain

Reaction score
If you feel entitled to more than what this season has provided, then you can easily be discounted as more of a nagging complainer than a fan. Further, internet outrage is so commonplace, that there is nothing special or unique about it anymore. The web is chock full of it. People that complain, just for the sake of complaining. It becomes their identity. They are so common that they inherently blend into the background noise now.
Ain't it the truth. There's such a lack of nuance, restraint, civility, and judiciousness when it comes to public discourse it's become disheartening to the extreme. The victim/blame grievance dynamic is so out of control I don't know if it can be rolled back. Hell, we elected the equivalent of an internet troll to be POTUS (not meaning this to be a partisan statement, just is what it is).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Field a defense that is at least middle of the road next year or this is your last season with the team. I've seen enough. Complete waste of time playing these games when you have a historically bad defense every year.

So that's your Jody speech for Pete?

"Hey Pete, enough already wit these bad defenses, historically bad so why even show up to your 11th playoff game in 13 years according to Chukarhawk!

I said good day!

Jody Allen, owner."

Chuckwow

Reaction score
The Pete hate is strong as always. Year after year he's a better than average coach, bringing us playoff berths, but not good enough for some fans.

Sometimes for a brief second I wish y'all would get your wish and see just how disastrous a coaching change can be to a team with a winning formula, then I realize, thank god our ownership is smarter than that.
I'll never claim to know all the intricacies of coaching (at the professional level). And maybe it's not his actual coaching that many are down on. I'm sure Pete will be enshrined in Canton one day so maybe it's the terrible players he keeps drafting? Perhaps what we're really seeing is not even a HOF coach can make chicken soup out of chicken poop.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The run defense sucks. Regardless, most of the best talent is on rookie deals. The team is loaded with draft capital. The search for a competent quarterback isn't a pressing issue, and the team qualified for post season in a rebuild year after trading its franchise quarterback. Hence, this team can easily be fixed, and people can justifiably feel optimistic.

If you feel entitled to more than what this season has provided, then you can easily be discounted as more of a nagging complainer than a fan.
This team overachieved this year because Geno proved more than serviceable, the rookie tackles surprised and K9 provided balance needed on offense.

However the run Defense severely regressed. It went from 17th opponent rush yards per game to 30th! That's unacceptable. When you cannot stop the run, you cannot be a contender, period. Even crappy teams will stick around because you can't stop the run. Like what happened vs Raiders this season. You will lose the TOP battle and you will likely lose the game.

The brain trust paid Ford and Mone after they overachieved their draft status. Al Woods was serviceable but dude is old. And we all know about the LBers.

But Pete and John made the decision to hire Hurtt and try out this new scheme. It was terrible. The secondary under Desai's watch was the only thing that was decent.

So damn straight, if they cannot improve the run defense, I'm done with Pete. Nothing I hate more than watching shitty run defense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I thought it was winning it all. Silly me.

When the expectations and roster talent warrant this opinion, you are correct.

neither the roster talent nor the expectations of the 2022 Seattle Seahawks should have warranted your opinion.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
So you are saying Pete is responsible for this amazing 2022 draft class?
I mean, if you want to go black or white, on or off, yes or no, with no room for any gray whatsoever, then it's one or the other. Personally, I know better than to assign all credit or all blame to one person for anything.

hawker84

Reaction score
When the expectations and roster talent warrant this opinion, you are correct.

neither the roster talent nor the expectations of the 2022 Seattle Seahawks should have warranted your opinion.
It didn't, I was referring to the last 7, 8 years... we all knew this season was going to be a tough one. Far exceeded my expectations to be honest...