Jody Allen needs to have a come to Jesus with Pete

White Devil

Reaction score
The greatest 12 year stretch during the franchise's existence, takes a team that was supposed to win maybe 4 games to the playoffs, and it's still not enough for some of you.

He's getting older.

Your long nightmare will be over sooner than later.

Some Dolphins fans couldn't wait to move on from Don Shula either. The franchise has been irrelevant for 25 years.

The defense wasn't good this season? Hasn't been good for the last 4 seasons?

You're right. That's why they traded their QB. Did you think it was supposed to change this season, while they still have Russ on the books?

It was never about this season. This result should be encouraging to the fanbase, and instead you're calling for the coach's head.

Hysterical.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
We definitely need to improve the defense, & hopefully we do that this offseason with the draft, but to claim the owner should be or will be as upset as a few fans here who have always wanted PC fired is just pure comedy.

& anybody claiming that Paul Allen would have fired him years ago are 1000% full of SH** & are talking out their collective a**es.

hawker84

Reaction score
Silly you is right, try "winning it all" WITHOUT making it into the playoffs.
FACT: At the beginning of the season, and including MYSELF, you couldn't have found even ONE single person that would have believed we'd have gotten as far as we did, NOT ONE.
The Seahawks were in a Reload Season, simple as that, WE HAVE NOT ARRIVED, NOW we are at the point of digestion, we have to gauge just where, who, and how to continue our "Reloading", $$MONEY$$, FA & Draft order has a lot of sway over who you can rent/bring in to help get the team to the NEXT LEVEL.
Hurtt did NOT have the players he needed to run his desired Defense, (which to me was a really dumb scheme anyway), trying to implement a 3-4 with the horses he had in the first place? not good.
I HOPE they abandon the idea of trying to reload with that same unsuccessful scheme in mind.
Geno to the Pro Bowl, nuff said, he ain't the problem, problems were that Waldron couldn't scheme plays that the RG, Center could implement AND not having a good enough Run Game to keep Defenses from just pinning their ears back and blowing up Genos' ability to get the ball out to his Receivers in a timely manner.
Some folks are happy with mediocrity, I'm not one of them.. 🤷

hawker84

Reaction score
In August, you thought this team could win it all?
Please show me where i said that, I'll wait. I said they'd be lucky to win 4. I had zero confidence in Geno, that has changed. But please feel free to continue fabricating lies....

RiverDog

Reaction score
With regards to Pete, I could go either way. I wanted him gone at the end of last season for the very same reasons others in here have noted in his performance this year: A horrible defense from a coach that is supposed to be the best defensive mind of his era. I was tired of the mediocrity, the one and done playoff appearances, fielding teams not good enough to compete for the SB but not bad enough to blow up and start over.

Once it was determined that he would get at least another year, I pledged that I'd give him another look. I was very pleased with the Russell trade, made even better by the results the Broncos produced this year. I also loved the way they approached the draft, a clear change in philosophy from years past as they didn't trade down past good talent for a bunch of training camp fodder and emphasized rebuilding the offensive line, something that has been neglected in years past.

There's been some clear improvement in certain areas over last year and there's hope with all the draft capital we have that we can get better fast, but I'm left wondering if we haven't wasted another year treading water when we could have been entering the 2nd year of a true rebuild with a new coach and new GM.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Please show me where i said that, I'll wait. I said they'd be lucky to win 4. I had zero confidence in Geno, that has changed. But please feel free to continue fabricating lies.

Well if you didn't think they were going to win it all, why did you say the season wasn't much of a success since we didn't? You claimed that was the only thing that should make us satisfied

Seems to me if you were expecting 4 wins, making the playoffs should have you somewhat pleased.

Right?

GemCity

Reaction score
If the same coaches remain in place, expect no major improvement.

Fool me once shame on me.
Fool me twice, I'm a patient man, I'll give you more time.
Now we're up to fool me 8 times…

At this point, I question one's sanity if you think it will just magically change at this point with more draft picks. Whaddaya think they've been doing the last 5 years?

https://www.seahawks.net/threads/the-hawks-d-vs-the-top-8-d-asset-expenditure.184749/
Thanks Fade. I appreciate the work you put in there!
Very, very interesting.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Oldhawk fan said: "Yep. How dare Pete make the playoffs in a year when they were supposed to be bad."

Hawk90 called him a homer

I asked what oldhawk fan said that was wrong

You replied: Adams

Perhaps you're confused??

WarHawks

Reaction score
Oldhawk fan said: "Yep. How dare Pete make the playoffs in a year when they were supposed to be bad."

Hawk90 called him a homer

I asked what oldhawk fan said that was wrong

You replied: Adams

Perhaps you're confused??
Sorry, thought you were talking about what Pete got wrong. Mods, feel free to delete.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
If the same coaches remain in place, expect no major improvement.

Fool me once shame on me.
Fool me twice, I'm a patient man, I'll give you more time.
Now we're up to fool me 8 times…

At this point, I question one's sanity if you think it will just magically change at this point with more draft picks. Whaddaya think they've been doing the last 5 years?

https://www.seahawks.net/threads/the-hawks-d-vs-the-top-8-d-asset-expenditure.184749/

We got rid of the main problem in March and now get to draft in the top 5 instead of late 20's

There are a few differences for you

hawker84

Reaction score
Well if you didn't think they were going to win it all, why did you say the season wasn't much of a success since we didn't? You claimed that was the only thing that should make us satisfied

Seems to me if you were expecting 4 wins, making the playoffs should have you somewhat pleased.

Right?
Who said I wasn't pleased? You have a very bad habit of putting words in people's mouths. Of course I was pleased at the success of the team, they far exceeded my expectations. My point is the object going into any season is to win it all, anything else is a failure. Some folks are fine with having a winning record or just making the playoffs or winning the division, I am not one of them..

sutz

Reaction score
From what I understand, they have that meeting every year. 🤷‍♂️

GemCity

Reaction score
I think Pete and JS are getting back on track. They got back in their bag this last draft and there’s no question that the team exceeded expectations.

I think with a little patience, we’ll see us being a real threat in ‘24.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Who said I wasn't pleased? You have a very bad habit of putting words in people's mouths. Of course I was pleased at the success of the team, they far exceeded my expectations. My point is the object going into any season is to win it all, anything else is a failure. Some folks are fine with having a winning record or just making the playoffs or winning the division, I am not one of them..

So you were pleased, but you are one of the fans who doesnt accept JUST making the playoffs......(which is exactly what Seattle did) because its a failure

Haha ok. Got it ;)

hawker84

Reaction score
So you were pleased, but you are one of the fans who doesnt accept JUST making the playoffs......(which is exactly what Seattle did)

Not sure it's fair to accuse me of putting words in your mouth when you contradict yourself like that ;)
Sorry your so confused, don't know how to help at this point. I know you think your being clever twisting my words, but you're actually coming across as nitpicking and arriving at silly conclusions. Either way I couldn't care less your opinion of me or my takes. MmmmK. 👋

LastRideOut

Reaction score
What a pointless topic. PC has done an outstanding job in a season with low expectations. The defense was bad at times yes, but hard to make wine with water. Give Clint another year, and give him some actual talent with our picks.

Stock the defense, and draft a QB in the later rounds. Franchise Geno, and lets roll for another year. I don't think Geno is the answer, but neither is drafting a QB high.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sorry your so confused, don't know how to help at this point. I know you think your being clever twisting my words, but you're actually coming across as nitpicking and arriving at silly conclusions. Either way I couldn't care less your opinion of me or my takes. MmmmK. 👋

Haha ok, I said I got it :)

Have a good one

NoGain

Reaction score
In the end, there's no substitute for talent. We've been bereft of talent on the defensive side of the ball for some years now. We just haven't been able to constitute anything resembling a competent defense for like 6 years. We've whiffed a lot on the defensive side of the ball for many drafts in a row for one reason or another, LJ Collier, Malik McDowell, Cody Barton, Marquis Blair, all those other safeties they picked, etc.., not to mention many quality defensive players they passed up on in order to draft the likes of Jordan Brooks or Daryl Taylor. Frank Clark was one of the only quality players they hit on.

And then there was the disastrous Jamal Adams trade. I hope that was pretty much entirely PC's idea, as I'd like to think Schneider was the lead dog in last year's successful draft where we finally came away with some solid set-pieces for the future.

I can't even talk scheme and coaching and fundamentals until we get more talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
When were we rebuilding before this year? What are you talking about? We were 10-6, 11-5 and 12-4 in 18, 19 and 20. Thats not rebuilding.

We just traded our long time Pro Bowl QB and have a high pick in the draft

So the rebuilding is now. You know this
Our defense has been rebuilding for years now though.