Justin Britt

Fade

Reaction score
Justin Britt is trash, and is only playing because he was Tom Cable's handpicked 2nd round pick.

Nowak should slide to LG.

Patrick Lewis to C. Patrick Lewis can also handle the protections, and snap the ball accurately.

The O-Line would be better as a whole, but Cable gonna Cable.

netskier

Reaction score
Worth trying.

Also, what about trying Bailey at left guard to solidify blind side pass pro?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/651854905146085376[/tweet]

Exittium

Reaction score
Carroll's loyalty to not put a foot up anyone's ass to fix glaring issues, is going to bite our ass this season, just as it has been. I fail to see how our defense remains as amazing as it is, while facing this abysmal Oline, they provide nothing. Maybe that's why our pass rush doesn't seem as effective getting to the QB as they have previous years?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Jville":3j5w5a1j said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/651855959258611712[/tweet]
Britt has got to keep his feet under him.

Weird. Cable addressed this last year and Britt's blocking seemed to improve. He really has a bad habit of this.

Fade

Reaction score
Exittium":20c0eiq2 said:
Carroll's loyalty to not put a foot up anyone's ass to fix glaring issues, is going to bite our ass this season
Nail on the head.

kearly

Reaction score
Man this thread was tough to read. It reminds me of the Brian Russell GIF threads from 2009.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Exittium":1rfgetsd said:
Carroll's loyalty to not put a foot up anyone's ass to fix glaring issues, is going to bite our ass this season, just as it has been.

I imagine what Pete says publicly and behind closed doors are two very different things.

Fade

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3bp4yjb7 said:
Seriously WHY HAS BAILEY OR GLOWINSKI NOT GOT ONE SHOT AT LG?!

Britt has been absolutely embarrassing. Some of these attempts at blocking are comical. Jimmy Graham would be a better LG at this point.
but..but.. Britt has Potential

Exittium

Reaction score
Basis4day":2x84n694 said:
Exittium":2x84n694 said:
Carroll's loyalty to not put a foot up anyone's ass to fix glaring issues, is going to bite our ass this season, just as it has been.

I imagine what Pete says publicly and behind closed doors are two very different things.

Agreed
But is like they keep polishing this turd of an Oline.. and hoping it changes and gels? Its still a turd just a very liquidity one. that doesn't seem anywhere close to gelling

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1msqwxcs said:
I wonder how bad JS wishes he had the 2014 draft back when he could have taken Bitonio at 32 and a good WR at 64.

Ow ow ow.

The part that really hurts too is that Bitonio was by far the consensus BPA pick at #32 that year, if they had auto-drafted the first two rounds that year they would have come out far ahead. I don't blame them for missing the diamonds in the rough, but that was an obvious mistake.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kearly":p8ma12l2 said:
Hasselbeck":p8ma12l2 said:
I wonder how bad JS wishes he had the 2014 draft back when he could have taken Bitonio at 32 and a good WR at 64.

Ow ow ow.

It hurts so bad because Bitonio was obviously the right move at #32 at the time that it went down.

I like to think that Schneider was just messing with Baalke so he took the guy Baalke wanted after trading back. That's the only logical explanation to Schneider's bad picks.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":399605mm said:
Hasselbeck":399605mm said:

Ow ow ow.

The part that really hurts too is that Bitonio was by far the consensus BPA pick at #32 that year, if they had auto-drafted the first two rounds that year they would have come out far ahead. I don't blame them for missing the diamonds in the rough, but that was an obvious mistake.

Probably end up with Bitonio and either Moncreif/John Brown in this scenario, instead of Richardson/Britt. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Could have also moved up a couple spots in the 2nd round for a shot at Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry. That draft was so stacked at WR, but that was obvious before it even took place.

rideaducati

Reaction score
DavidSeven":53ktpq4p said:
kearly":53ktpq4p said:
Hasselbeck":53ktpq4p said:

Ow ow ow.

Probably end up with Bitonio and either Moncreif/John Brown in this scenario, instead of Richardson/Britt. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Could have also moved up a couple spots in the 2nd round for a shot at Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry. That draft was so stacked at WR, but that was obvious before it even took place.

Landry would have been great with Russell.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Jville":2ipnu1ys said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/651854905146085376[/tweet]

In today's presser Pete was asked 'will it be the same starting 5' and Pete said "right now, yes" He didn't give a straight 'yes'.

I'm parsing Pete's words but, hopefully a change may be coming.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Scottemojo":kf6cy7da said:

:pukeface:

The current status of this o-line is so infuriating. They are horrible and I don't see any signs of improvement from week to week. If its not corrected ASAP it will derail this season and Russell's growth.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
ErikG803":2os7z7ur said:
He looks brutal... last year he might have been like a 6 or 7 out of 10, at LG he's gotta be one of the worst in the league..I know Cable has his moments but at some point we have to recognize Cable wanted Carpenter in the 1st, Britt in the 2nd, Moffit in the 3rd... NONE of them have been even average.... I like Cable but this is getting ridiculous
The more Cable likes someone, the more they suck in the NFL.

He can't judge talent, nor can he coach up players. Cable doesn't do any of the things you want from an OL coach.

Bevell needs to go and Cable can go with him.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DavidSeven":hjzcy4j4 said:
kearly":hjzcy4j4 said:
Hasselbeck":hjzcy4j4 said:

Ow ow ow.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Richardson made it to 64.

xgeoff

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":7b1svi30 said:
By most accounts, Britt is playing poorly at left guard. Yeah yeah yeah, it takes awhile for the line to gel, etc... The question I have does anyone besides me think that Britt actually played better at RT than LG ? Long term at guard is probably a better fit than tackle but would the line maybe be better with Britt back at RT and Bailey at LG?

*sigh* I was thinking the same thing, which is really sad.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Softy asked Britt this week how he thinks he's played so far. Britt's response: "I think I've done real well. I feel like I'm light years ahead of where people would put me."

I almost died laughing when I heard Britt say that. Are you freakin' kidding me Britt? He must think allowing DL to blow right past him with ease is doing real well.