Kam holding out for more money

netskier

Reaction score
Pinkins was being trained at strong safety before they moved him to linebacker, so the coaches already have seen him a lot at strong safety, and might be considering moving him back.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Dion Bailey started at strong safety in practice today and had a nice diving interception. Keep an eye on him this preseason; if Kam doesn't come back soon we could have an interesting battle between Bailey and Shead.

CPHawk

Reaction score
blkhwk":vpou2v9a said:
Kam is great, but the SS position may be the easiest to replace in the secondary, maybe in the entire defense.

The Bears let an All-Pro safety, Todd Bell, sit out the entire 1985 season. His backup, Dave Duerson became an all pro that year. Bell never started again for the Bears and was eventually traded, and finished his career as a LB.

The Seahawks played most of a playoff year with Paul Moyer playing for the injured, all world, Ken Easley.

The Seahawks (again) replaced Ken Hamlin with a backup during the '05 SB run

Just some food for thought.....

Ken Hamlin couldn't hold Cams jock, and we lost the SB because of our backup safety's.

Cartire

Reaction score
CPHawk":x6b30b04 said:
Ken Hamlin couldn't hold Cams jock, and we lost the SB because of our backup safety's.

"Im pretty sure I had a hand in that."

14-1s056-willis-c-300x300.jpg

idahohawk

Reaction score
According to the reports, Kam wants 2016 and 2017 money, guaranteed, and up front. This essentially means one of the following:

1. Kam has serious cash flow issues. (not likely)

2. Kam is concerned healthwise and wanting to be paid for his dominance now, rather than risk being let go, when he can't play at the level SEA has come to expect. (This is part of NFL life, sorry)

3. Kam is avoiding the bumps and bruises, wear and tear of training camp, and knows the Hawks won't fine him, and the Hawks know this too and are letting it play out. (this is more of my gut feeling, and may be far from the truth)

In any case, Kam has zero leverage. He's already locked up for the next 3 years. He either plays and gets paid, or he doesn't and gets zilch. Kam won't win this one. But maybe he knows this already and is getting rested up. I'm perfectly fine with this BTW... as SEA needs him to be as healthy as possible.

Oh and although "next man up" is a bit hasty here, as replacing Kam is not possible with the current roster, I believe the competition and reps are going to benefit SEA greatly. With Earl and Simon out too, the competition is fierce and the reps are a plenty for everyone else.

It's gonna be OK y'all.

Go Hawks.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I ll try to link the article when I'm not posting from my phone but 247 Sports has a write up with Pete praising Dion Bailey. He states that While Bailey doesn't hit like Kam that he may actually be better in coverage. Of course Pete may just be sending Kam a message.