Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Well, the look on his face suggests he was saying "I want my mommy!"

Marvin49

Reaction score
homerun1970":bdwdh4ky said:
Marvin how many of your 3200+ posts are telling Hawks fans why they are wrong about the 49ers. It's not all media hype there is a rivalry. If I went to one of your boards (webzone) and posted 2800 out of 3200 posts telling the forum why they are wrong I would be banned about 2790 posts shy of 2800. I do read over there and I will give you credit for occasionally going against the grain of the forum. Some of the guys are beyond trash and if I said what they say here I would also be banned.
I cannot blame you for hanging here the board's better. Mods do better jobs, the football discussion is better. Last but not least the color scheme is way better.

Alot. :D

Largent80

Reaction score
Kap is also a turnover machine game losing choke artist.

Outside of that, he is just a dork.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":2ig1rrrm said:
Kap is also a turnover machine game losing choke artist.

Outside of that, he is just a dork.

We can argue the first one all day...

...but I actually agree with the second line. :D You should read his SI article. Pretty funny.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't need to read the article. I am clairvoyant. Which also makes me correct on the first sentence of my post..

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Judging strictly from his posts, Marvin sounds like a defense lawyer.
He comes to his conclusion then is looking (cherry picking) for "facts" to fit said conclusion.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1eh0uuvj said:
He comes to his conclusion then is looking (cherry picking) for "facts" to fit said conclusion.

If he is searching for facts , how about throwing the game losing interception in the NFCCG, and better yet, the 3 interception and a fumble Sunday game.

It's all there.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":1ulew78h said:
Sports Hernia":1ulew78h said:

If he is searching for facts , how about throwing the game losing interception in the NFCCG, and better yet, the 3 interception and a fumble Sunday game.

It's all there.

Right.....and how about all the other games.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
The Battle #83":3ciz615d said:
does this really need its own thread we already have alot of 49er threads in the nfl section

Why should today be any different.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
ringless":1mvbksfi said:
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/696232/kaepfrus.0.gif

Lol against the bears

Kaepfrus0

I think this is Kap trying to work out why his mother didnt love him enough to keep him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":9ft93zht said:
ringless":9ft93zht said:

Lol against the bears

Kaepfrus0

I think this is Kap trying to work out why his mother didnt love him enough to keep him.
I'm just glad that train wreck isn't our franchise QB. :lol:

Brahn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":je48n0zs said:
UK_Seahawk":je48n0zs said:
ringless":je48n0zs said:

Lol against the bears

Kaepfrus0

I'm just glad that train wreck isn't our franchise QB. :lol:

Guys need to settle you are obviously seeing tourettes syndrome. Between the constant jaw twitch and his "vulgar" language it is pretty obvious.

Largent80

Reaction score
Maybe if he curved the bill of his cap like the guy in the foreground he could actually play a mistake free game....Nah.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1wtcxifg said:

Awesome. Way to go.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Re: this, the NFL is now looking into it.

Basically what we know so far is that the ref, Carl Cheffers, flagged Kaepernick for inappropriate language, and later said Kaepernick knows what he said.

Both Kaepernick and Lamarr Houston (who Kaepernick was flagged for using "inappropriate language" towards) said Kaepernick didn't use any inappropriate language.

If it was just Kap and Cheffers I'd defer to Cheffers, but that Houston was supposedly the target of the inappropriate language and says Kap didn't use any definitely introduces some questions. Given that Kap was speaking through a mouth guard it's entirely possible that Cheffers simply misheard what Kaepernick said, and both Kap and Houston actually do know what he said, if anything.

It's also possible however that like Richard Sherman, Lamarr Houston simply strongly objects to the league's legislation of the term, and as an African American male didn't find the usage inappropriate, and doesn't like an old white referee deciding what he should be offended by for him.

MORE BROADLY:

As for where I stand on this, John Wooten has been very open that his goal here isn't really about football or anything about the NFL, it's about "changing the culture" at large. Basically the NFL has let itself be embroiled in the internal politics of the African American community, and I think that's a huge mistake, and very unfortunate.

That old, white men would align themselves with older, middle and upper class, and more conservative African Americans regardig the reclaiming of the word as a term of endearment (and at least regularly not a slur) between African Americans is not unsurprising, and it's also not surprising that the NFL would want to tamp down the use of a word that their majority white audience doesn't understand and is regularly made uncomfortable by. Yet it's ultimately like straight people legislating if LGBTQ folks are allowed to self-identify as "queer" or not (another term that has been reclaimed), or men legislating if women can call each other "b!tch" as a term of endearment or not.

Ultimately the NFL is a private enterprise and can do what it wants, but I don't think the NFL is the appropriate body to be picking sides and legislating what is ultimately a disagreement over the politics of respectability that's internal to the African American community. This is basically Allen Iverson's tattoos all over again, IMO.

Regarding Sherman's stance on this, as a 9ers fan I'm of course annoyed by Sherman's antics and I think it's worth considering the askew accusation among some players that he borders on Toming in his efforts at self-promotion, but he's also smart as hell, and shown a willingness to use his microphone for greater social purposes. Basically, I think he's sharp enough and talented enough to take up a role similar to Jim Brown or Muhammad Ali, which is something that was lost in a post-Michael Jordan era in which sports stars scrubbed their beliefs and personalities in deference to corporate sponsorship opportunities. At the end of the day I love Richard Sherman, and in light of this policy apparently having gone through and now being enforced, I hope he speaks on it again from the heart at length and in depth.

The Dirty Dozen Fan

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1gw37fpi said:
ringless":1gw37fpi said:

Lol against the bears

Kaepfrus0

Dude...or should I say 'mate'. Leave the mother alone. That's a disgusting comment !

Laloosh

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1e03rcm6 said:
ringless":1e03rcm6 said:

Lol against the bears

Kaepfrus0

Not a fan of that joke. Seriously, this isn't the shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.