Kearly's Random Thoughts

kearly

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":385dmvt3 said:
Kip...I entreat you to launch up the RT thoughts again. Seriously.

Quick story. When I was in the Air Force, I worked for one of the greatest collection of NCO's that Luke AFB probably ever saw. Bunch of genuinely good men, about a dozen of them, who could balance real concern for their airmen with a drive for getting the job done. They mentored the younger guys, affirmed them, and won their loyalty. These were guys who were trying to make the workplace a great spot for everyone, and morale was high because of it. Didn't hurt that they were also good at their own jobs.

So what did I do? I let the two NCO's who weren't good leaders to sour me to the whole office. Every unit has its insecure clowns whose stripes mean everything to them, and they let the airmen know it, playing mind games and such. They were assholes, and they hid it behind the pretense of "getting the job done". My performance suffered because of my perspective.

Don't let a small handful of chuckleheads (whom everyone else dislikes) outweigh the vast majority here, Kip. For every moron, you have fifty people appreciating your thoughts even when they disagree with them. This very forum is far closer to that intellectual "anti-shack" philosophy than almost every message board on the internet. You'll never find a home like this ever again. I still hold that it is the best environment for your Random Thoughts thread.

You seem resolute, so I'll respect your decision. This will be my one and only pestering. But you have nothing but support if you change your mind.

I emphatically disagree with the 3rd paragraph, and can't really relate to the first two. But hey, it's the thought that counts. :thirishdrinkers:

Vin.couve12 gets it.

kearly

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2u15we4j said:
I think it's brilliant for anyone to disagree and discuss his points, but the very principle our community is based on is also what ruined things for everyone. If I ran this joint I can name at least two tossers I'd have banned yesterday, and both just happened to participate in turning an awesome column with original content into a quagmire. Thanks, jerks! You know who you are!

Hah. To be fair it's not one person or two people (though I appreciate you looking out for me). It's more about 'shitty job' fatigue. Most of the damage was done by dozens of random drive by shots from people I'd never heard of before who were probably just drunk assholes. Case by case it was close to nothing, but over the years it started taking pieces of my soul.

And for the record, I actually like Tsizzle. Maybe I am twisted, but I enjoy a good trolling. I think for him it is more about having some fun than being mean-spirited.

HawkNation though, different story. But I've hardly kept that one a state secret.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":coxz6kfv said:
And I get that not 100% of the observations were nail on correct 100% of the time.
I don't think Kip ever minded if people disagreed with him, as long as they could present their case in a respectful and thoughtful manner. I have disagreed with him many times, but I always considered our interactions to be stimulating. Hopefully he felt the same.

vin.couve12":coxz6kfv said:
I used to write general musings and post game write ups of individual players.
And I for one appreciated your contributions.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":23yz7gee said:
HoustonHawk82":23yz7gee said:
Here it is:

Kearly's Random Thoughts are simply his observations of the completed action, spoken from the sole angle of providing detailed afterthoughts. His observations are a summary of past events for those of us who may not have seen or registered them ourselves. A gift, if you will, from someone who not only has a keen eye for detail, but a tremendous amount of football recall.

We are not talking about a belching drunk spouting sideways opinions, we are talking about a human DVR, simply bullet-pointing what actually occurred on the football field, wrapping it in the perfect amount detail required to understand it, and sprinkling it over us like a handful of the digital confetti of truth. Free of charge.

It is the blue pill. It is that which serves only to remove that splinter from your mind.

Sounds about right.

Although I'd have gone with "digital truth confetti" over "digital confetti of truth".

Either way, that was some DEEEP shizzy.

After reading that I called my kids over and hugged them, just really hugged them...

Kearly, you do what you want to do. For the record though, I always enjoyed your contributions.

Itching ears want to hear...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kearly":22a31hfy said:
Vin.couve12 gets it.

You think I don't? My blog got its Google ads removed by people purposely over-clicking them over my criticism of Matt Hasselbeck.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ftq1kr1o said:
kearly":ftq1kr1o said:
Vin.couve12 gets it.

You think I don't? My blog got its Google ads removed by people purposely over-clicking them over my criticism of Matt Hasselbeck.
Proof that people just suck.

kearly

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3to8ngkz said:

Ah, good times. It's weird that people felt that way.

I've written for four different blogs that I can remember, including yours. That's not counting .net. Those four places combined were not nearly as difficult to write for / endure as this place is. But that's to be expected really. I quit RT in 2013 after 'hanging on' for a couple years. I wanted to quit in 2011 and 2012, but sucked it up a week at a time. It was an endurance contest and finally I just ran out of gas.

I think it was a terrific decision for me personally. I am a little surprised though that nobody else stepped in.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3rsb07m4 said:
MontanaHawk05":3rsb07m4 said:
kearly":3rsb07m4 said:
Vin.couve12 gets it.

Proof that people just suck.

Good seeing you. Don't be such a stranger!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but why is it now that when anyone disagrees with the main body of opinion they are seen as a troll. To me shouting troll is just a way of silencing contrary opinion.

I'm not just talking about here but all over the internet. To my mind, although I do think trolling exists, it's more likely to be a sound logical but unpopular opinion or outright stupidity (and all in between) that is actually being said. Why can't people say silly things and it be no more than that, why must these people be seen as trolling?

two dog

Reaction score
I would just like to add my voice to those who have a great appreciation for
kip's work and informative, insightful posts. He looks at things in a way that
seems to never to occur to me until he brings it to attention.

I came to this thread first because of the header. I think that shows something.

idahohawksfan

Reaction score
I don't speak often, and probably for a lot of the same reasons that Kearly's random thoughts went away, but I always enjoyed those random thoughts threads and miss them a ton. Kearly I have no doubt you are one of the most knowledgeable fans in here.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2eg9mg7r said:
Slightly off topic but why is it now that when anyone disagrees with the main body of opinion they are seen as a troll. To me shouting troll is just a way of silencing contrary opinion.

I'm not just talking about here but all over the internet. To my mind, although I do think trolling exists, it's more likely to be a sound logical but unpopular opinion or outright stupidity (and all in between) that is actually being said. Why can't people say silly things and it be no more than that, why must these people be seen as trolling?
In a weird way, the Hawks being really good makes discussing them civilly much more difficult.

uncle fester

Reaction score
two dog":31x87qfs said:
I would just like to add my voice to those who have a great appreciation for
kip's work and informative, insightful posts. He looks at things in a way that
seems to never to occur to me until he brings it to attention.

I came to this thread first because of the header. I think that shows something.

Yup. What he said.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
kearly":ds7d5ma6 said:
MysterMatt":ds7d5ma6 said:
I think it's brilliant for anyone to disagree and discuss his points, but the very principle our community is based on is also what ruined things for everyone. If I ran this joint I can name at least two tossers I'd have banned yesterday, and both just happened to participate in turning an awesome column with original content into a quagmire. Thanks, jerks! You know who you are!

Hah. To be fair it's not one person or two people (though I appreciate you looking out for me). It's more about 'shitty job' fatigue. Most of the damage was done by dozens of random drive by shots from people I'd never heard of before who were probably just drunk assholes. Case by case it was close to nothing, but over the years it started taking pieces of my soul.

And for the record, I actually like Tsizzle. Maybe I am twisted, but I enjoy a good trolling. I think for him it is more about having some fun than being mean-spirited.

HawkNation though, different story. But I've hardly kept that one a state secret.

The artist formerly known as Tsizzle likes you as well. I enjoyed your random thoughts and posting in them.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kearly":1xcyg323 said:
MontanaHawk05":1xcyg323 said:

Ah, good times. It's weird that people felt that way.

I've written for four different blogs that I can remember, including yours. That's not counting .net. Those four places combined were not nearly as difficult to write for / endure as this place is. But that's to be expected really. I quit RT in 2013 after 'hanging on' for a couple years. I wanted to quit in 2011 and 2012, but sucked it up a week at a time. It was an endurance contest and finally I just ran out of gas.

I think it was a terrific decision for me personally. I am a little surprised though that nobody else stepped in.

I would, but I don't want to be the T-Jack to your Hass.

Plus, I don't know near enough about the game, and I don't have the ability to watch every game, and a billion other reasons.

So I'll just stay in the background and post snarky crap that may or may not contain actual football knowledge. :mrgreen:

blue 22

Reaction score
Miss your random thoughts as well kearly. Thanks for putting them up in the past.

netskier

Reaction score
I suggest that we implement Kearly's suggestion to create an Anti Shack for elevated discussion.

Latest posts