Kicker Blair Walsh signed (Yes that Blair Walsh)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
zchurch74":2ekl59w2 said:
We already have a kicker who misses field goals and cost us regular season games. Why are we signing a kicker to potentially lose a playoff game? This is an absolute joke of a signing! What is next, signing Kaepernick to back up Wilson

Well that's just it - we DON'T have a kicker (well, we didn't before Walsh). Hauschka is a free agent.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If you guys are excited about Walsh, just wait for Pete's presser telling us he's gonna play LT.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
HawkFan72":5z2j6svx said:
:pukeface:

He was basically just as bad as Hauschka last year. This is not an upgrade. Hopefully he's just a stop-gap signing so we have a kicker on the roster and a real replacement can be found. Otherwise I'd just rather see Hauschka re-signed on a cheaper deal.

I would say Walsh had a worse season.

Blair Walsh
Steven Hauschka

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4hg4tun5 said:
If you guys are excited about Walsh, just wait for Pete's presser telling us he's gonna play LT.
In case that doesn't work out, can he call plays?

chris98251

Reaction score
His bad years started when they moved outside to the new field or Minny college field till the new house with falling tiles was built :), now we are going to have competition or maybe let Haushka walk.

nash72

Reaction score
I'm all for this. Especially if the team can sign him for cheap. He'll beat Hauschka out if Hauschka isnt let go.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
nash72":1szmv596 said:
I'm all for this. Especially if the team can sign him for cheap. He'll beat Hauschka out if Hauschka isnt let go.

This conclusion is based off of what? Hauschka hit 89.2% of his field goals this season. Walsh hit 75% out of only 16 attempts and only once gone over 89% in his career.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Honestly I dont care even a little bit who our kicker is. He's going to make most of them and miss a few of them.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This is an obvious Seahawks move so it's funny people are stirred up by it. If we want to keep people they are extended, otherwise we let the UFAs walk in return for compensatory picks and try to sign people who don't count against the compensatory pick formula. This could lead to a 5th round pick next year if Hauschka gets a similar salary to his previous one.

Bringing in a cheap veteran like Walsh to compete in training camp for the job against whatever UDFA kicker we bring in is perfectly reasonable. With thousands of potential kickers out there and 32 NFL jobs you don't overpay for them unless your guy is way better than the replacement options and Hauschka simply wasn't last season.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":35wmamv1 said:
This is an obvious Seahawks move so it's funny people are stirred up by it. If we want to keep people they are extended, otherwise we let the UFAs walk in return for compensatory picks and try to sign people who don't count against the compensatory pick formula. This could lead to a 5th round pick next year if Hauschka gets a similar salary to his previous one.

Bringing in a cheap veteran like Walsh to compete in training camp for the job against whatever UDFA kicker we bring in is perfectly reasonable. With thousands of potential kickers out there and 32 NFL jobs you don't overpay for them unless your guy is way better than the replacement options and Hauschka simply wasn't last season.

I approve of this message. Right on the nose. They love there draft picks. IMHO fans get emotionally attached to players and get upset at moves like this. Kearse is another one that would fit this mold as well.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1z4tma3o said:
Here are some other jokes which will never get old.

When you pull into a parking lot, point out to your companions the color and type of the car you are parking next to in order to locate your car in the future. "Remember we parked next to the blue sedan."

Anytime somebody asks you to estimate the odds for something, reply that it is 50/50. "Either it will happen, or it won't."

Most importantly, replace the frosting on a package of Oreos with white toothpaste and put them back in your pantry. Your family will find it hilarious eventually.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Good. If he sucks and Haush sucks then we can always get a dirt-cheap FA kicker who sucks just as much any time. There's very little downside.

pcbball12

Reaction score
AgentDib":2e0ptq1u said:

I am all for moving on from Hauschka, but I would be pretty surprised if he netted nearly enough in free agency to get us a comp pick.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
pcbball12":de5i2sbc said:
Hausch is a FA so I am thinking they are moving on from him. Which is fine. I think the low kicks (especially on the PAT's) drove Pete nuts. He commented on it in a passive aggressive way a few times this last year. I do think they bring in a Rookie to compete with Walsh though.

I wonder if Pete will enjoy the high left or right kicks?

AgentDib

Reaction score
pcbball12":2tf0uf8b said:
AgentDib":2tf0uf8b said:

I am all for moving on from Hauschka, but I would be pretty surprised if he netted nearly enough in free agency to get us a comp pick.
The threshold was only $2m in 2016. Obviously 2017 may be different, but I think more teams are stratifying their payrolls as they see the successful teams doing so.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The only problem with getting Walsh is how will we know who to blame when a kick is missed? Is it still always the long snappers fault no matter what? Is it the new kickers fault? Bevell?

MrThortan

Reaction score
Zimmer gave Walsh so many chances to improve, but was ultimately left with little choice but to let Walsh go. Barring an amazing career turn around... we will probably end up hating this guy just as much as Vikings' fans do. He loses games.

Hell, I would feel better about some college level soccer player over Walsh.