lil' birdie twittered in my ear...

Largent80

Reaction score
The Browns got both Small and Bowie from us and signed Small immediately to the 53, pretty low ball stuff if you ask me.

I wouldn't trade with them for any player(s).

TheHawkster

Reaction score

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2wfy1kxh said:
In other news . . .

The Seattle Seahawks called the Browns to propose a trade that would've sent the temperamental receiver Percy Harvin to Cleveland for tight end Jordan Cameron, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... ly_of.html

From the sounds of it.. these offers happened weeks ago. They also tried to somehow talk the Broncos into giving us Julius Thomas ( :lol: )

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Largent80":21a3w5cu said:
The Browns got both Small and Bowie from us and signed Small immediately to the 53, pretty low ball stuff if you ask me.

I wouldn't trade with them for any player(s).
How's that lowball?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Lets fix the OL, then Russell will have all day to pass to any receiver he wants.

Largent80

Reaction score
They left him on the practice squad for all these games, then knew we would need a FB and we drafted him. Sorry but to ME personally, it is just dirty pool. That's ok, Karma is a bitch.

I already know your response so don't bother, I AM clairvoyant.

kmedic

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":11szntzc said:
The last thing I want to see is the Hawks overpaying for another team's WR. If they can get him for a 3rd, fine I guess. But no freaking more.

That said, are there no interior pass rushers out there we could get? I'm not talking about Suh. But anyone who could be had on a reasonable trade that could help the woeful D line? I see that as a much bigger need than WR.

YES, this please!!!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Largent80":229g4v9t said:
They left him on the practice squad for all these games, then knew we would need a FB and we drafted him. Sorry but to ME personally, it is just dirty pool. That's ok, Karma is a bitch.

you might know the response but it still needs to be said - why wouldn't they protect a player they like that is very likely to be picked up by another team? At what point does being smart completely nullify the possibility of being 'dirty'? Didn't we play all kinds of games with Walters/Lockette/Bates to start the year because we were worried about who might be picked up and who we could slide by on waivers? was that dirty?

It's about time the Browns had some leadership that was intelligent enough to run a team.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
also I'd be interested to see if Sidney Rice has kept in shape; I realize he has concussion issues but I wonder how much of that had to do with not wanting to play for the league minimum playing backup fiddle to harvin. Rice never put up big numbers but as we always say, it's not about the stats.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":bi2j0b80 said:
Hasselbeck":bi2j0b80 said:
Scottemojo":bi2j0b80 said:
with a 6'5" guy, we might convert the 2 point try.

If Kearse didn't lunge at the ball, it drops right into Turbin's hands.

Agreed that is who the pass was for, per PC.

Turbin just said on Bob and Groz that it was intended for Kearse.

kearly

Reaction score
You know that horrible feeling when you lose contact with an old dear friend? That's what it felt like when The12thman vanished the last couple years. Seeing this post is like running into that old friend randomly on vacation. Even before reading a word of the OP, just knowing he's still around has seriously brightened my day.

Regarding Vjax, he's owed way too much money, and I think signing him would be basically a repeat of Sidney Rice. I don't know how guaranteed money works out, but his base salaries alone are around $10 million a year in 2014, 2015, and 2016.

Yes, Seattle does need a big WR with talent. In fact a guy like Vjax is almost exactly what they need. I just don't know if 700 yards receiving and 7 TDs a year is worth $10 million each season. Because I think that's probably the kind of production we'd be looking at.

As far as the draft pick, I am okay with giving up a 3rd. Given how weak Jackson's market is, I would fully expect him to be moved to Seattle unless someone else offers more. This is definitely something to keep an eye on. No way the Bucs miss the chance to deal Vjax given their team situation. He will be dealt for sure.

And obviously, that would mean he will be dealt pretty soon. The trade deadline is a little over a week away.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Would to guys offer up Christine Michael and a 5th for him with the Hawks taking on all of his salary?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1s6fawdf said:
Would to guys offer up Christine Michael and a 5th for him with the Hawks taking on all of his salary?

Russell Wilson threw for 300+ yards 2 TD's to the guys we have after just losing Harvin whom I assume was in the game plan all week until the trade happened.

While it would be great to get a big tall receiver, it wasn't a priority obviously before so it probably isn't right now.

If we're going to trade or sign anyone it needs to be:

-a TE who can pass block, and catch a football when needed
-a rotational pass rusher
-a cornerback, if tharold simon continues to prove he can't play without giving up penalty yards

Overpaying a WR would be a huge mistake. Don't forget we still have dead money and cap eaten up from the harvin deal. Do you really want to hamstring next year's cap over it?

What we need is Norwood to step up and Richardson to be more involved. I liked seeing them in the Ram's game. lets see what they can do. meanwhile we need to focus on protecting our QB and actually sacking the opponent's QB.

We are third to last in the league in sacks. 18 teams have more than TWICE as many sacks as we do.

Giving up draft picks and cash to a receiver would be a compounding a huge mistake.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ummm. guys.....the defense is not all that good, just sayin'

And the coaching staff and F.O. haven't been exactly "lighting it up" lately, maybe they HAVE been lighting it up. :pimp:

Because we need defensive help in the worst way.

kearly

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":22n1lwmw said:
Seattle was getting nowhere as an offense. We didn't score a touchdown until the second half, couldn't punch it in. You had a few scattered catches (Richardson had a decent game, and Baldwin was a monster) punctuated by uninspiring route combinations, a couple tough drops, and Wilson throwing too high. It wasn't a rhythm game at all, and it would have been completely nonexistent if not for Wilson's legs. I'm looking for a passing game that doesn't depend on those legs.

Both teams were running the clock down to 1 second before snapping. There weren't a ton of drives in the first half by either team, and the scoring would have been very low if not for the big plays on ST for the Rams. It wasn't like Seattle sputtered and lucked their way into 6 points either. They had three drives of 9 plays or more out of just five first half possesions, compared to only one three and out.

Granted the second half was sensational, but the first half was still solid on offense. They didn't finish the deal, but they were moving the ball. The Hawks averaged 8 plays per drive in the first half.

I agree with Hans regarding the offensive breakthrough. Seattle had a really nice drive before the half, that's where it started. A nice 45 yard drive in the final two minutes that felt more like a 65 yard drive when factoring the penalties they (mostly) overcame. They only got 3, but it was a precursor for what was about to come on offense. That was the drive where you could really sense things clicking for RW.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Largent80":2cjg4nfi said:

I'd like to hear what my response would've been

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I'm on board. You guys liked Joe Jurevicius in 2005, right?

Totally different offense, but the concept would be the same.

Latest posts