Lynch traded!

uncle fester

Reaction score
A 5th is more than I thought they'd agree. I was expecting a trade of 7ths.

pmedic920

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2t41zm4g said:
This puts the Raiders in immediate Super Bowl contention.

No so fast:{)

It will probably help them sell a lot more tickets than they would have otherwise.

I remember when the Oilers were leaving Houston, many games only had 12-14k.

pmedic920

Reaction score
806f30a211832bf7876607d6e72d86f6.png

HawkGA

Reaction score
uncle fester":22vdd9ak said:

Well, it's not a straight up 5th. It's the loss of a 6th. Don't know how that compares on a draft value chart board.

uncle fester

Reaction score
HawkGA":1v1fgliv said:
uncle fester":1v1fgliv said:

Well, it's not a straight up 5th. It's the loss of a 6th. Don't know how that compares on a draft value chart board.

My point being I thought Schneider & McKenzie would've done an absolute bargain basement swap of picks. A handshake trade to ensure a smooth departure. Yes we lose a 6th, but a 5th rounder for a player who had no intention of playing for anyone but that specific team is a good deal.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I like the deal. Lynch gets to go out playing for his hometown team, the Raiders get a reasonable contract and we gain draft capital.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":1kdf69u3 said:
HawkGA":1kdf69u3 said:
uncle fester":1kdf69u3 said:

My point being I thought Schneider & McKenzie would've done an absolute bargain basement swap of picks. A handshake trade to ensure a smooth departure. Yes we lose a 6th, but a 5th rounder for a player who had no intention of playing for anyone but that specific team is a good deal.
Would you not consider moving up about 35 spots with that pick basically a "bargain basement" swap?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Gotta say i'm pretty happy to get a 5th back in return.

Good luck to Lynch. He WILL ALWAYS have a place in my heart. He was instrumental in bringing our first superbowl home.

I hope he does well cause I am rooting for Oakland to have success before they jump ship to vegas.

But as was said, Lynchs last year here he got hurt twice..... the RB age cliff knows no limits....

uncle fester

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1kkqwub5 said:
uncle fester":1kkqwub5 said:
HawkGA":1kkqwub5 said:
uncle fester":1kkqwub5 said:

Would you not consider moving up about 35 spots with that pick basically a "bargain basement" swap?

Would depend entirely on how 2017 shakes out, wouldn't it? Again, as I've said, an extra 5th in 2018 has a much more attractive value than a 7th or conditional 7th as I had originally stated I was expecting.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1asxgyfg said:
uncle fester":1asxgyfg said:
HawkGA":1asxgyfg said:
uncle fester":1asxgyfg said:

Would depend entirely on how 2017 shakes out, wouldn't it? Again, as I've said, an extra 5th in 2018 has a much more attractive value than a 7th or conditional 7th as I had originally stated I was expecting.
This just comes down to the "bargain basement" terminology. Since we didn't gain a pick, I think the swap which leapfrogs us past about 35 or so other teams is about as minor a deal the two teams could make. But at least it's something.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well anything is a bonus since he was retired and we had nothing before, secondly until he passes the physical the ink isn't really dry as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3fvv9jj5 said:
MontanaHawk05":3fvv9jj5 said:

Not until they fix that defense.

Maybe Marshawn's going to play DB.

I'm happy for Lynch, should make for an exciting season of watching how he plays for the Raiders. But I'd temper my excitement if I'm a Raider's fan, how often do players come out of retirement, or even after missing a full year and come back and play well?

The effort will certainly be there, Lynch is a passionate man when it comes to his hometown.

Chapow

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1n2a7497 said:

They were already in Super Bowl contention last year before their QB went down late in the season. They finished 12-4 and that was without Carr for their last game (which they probably would've won had Carr played).

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1wvv79wi said:
FlyHawksFly":1wvv79wi said:
MontanaHawk05":1wvv79wi said:

Not until they fix that defense.

Maybe Marshawn's going to play DB.

I'm happy for Lynch, should make for an exciting season of watching how he plays for the Raiders. But I'd temper my excitement if I'm a Raider's fan, how often do players come out of retirement, or even after missing a full year and come back and play well?

The effort will certainly be there, Lynch is a passionate man when it comes to his hometown.

Definitely agree Lynch will be giving it his all when he's out there. He's one player determined to give Oakland a proper send off and to prove a lot of people wrong-doubters as to his age and being off a year.

You never know, with him having a full year to rest and his body to recover, he could be very effective. He's reportedly in great shape, pending the physical. I wish Beast nothing but the best and hopes he makes it to the SB-and to win it if we're not there.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'm glad this ended the way it did and didn't get nasty like it could have if Lynch or the Raiders tried to force Seattle's hand. Everyone wins in this scenario. :irishdrinkers:

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
HawkGA":1a6015dh said:
uncle fester":1a6015dh said:

Depending upon how the two teams finish the 2017 season it's equal to either a 6th or a 7th round pick most likely.

The most it could be on the trade value chart is 28.4 (actually a late 5th value) and the least it could be is .4 which is like a compensatory 7th.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/dr ... ade-chart/

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":7pv2gk1d said:
You never know, with him having a full year to rest and his body to recover, he could be very effective. He's reportedly in great shape, pending the physical. I wish Beast nothing but the best and hopes he makes it to the SB-and to win it if we're not there.

How bout a Raiders Hawks SB, how amazing would those storylines be?