MMQB: In defense of Kam Chancellor

libertforever12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3p0fef0w said:
libertforever12":3p0fef0w said:
Hawkpower":3p0fef0w said:
"Quite a lot" of articles on your side? Maybe you could link them for us. I just googled it and 9 of the first 10 results were not in your favor.

I think you are seeing what you want to see.
It is not that hard to google. Here are a few:

Don't blame Kam Chancellor for his holdout in Seattle
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 8427,d.cGU

As cap grows, NFL teams fear more Kam Chancellor holdouts
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -holdouts/

Seahawks need to find face-saving solution to Chancellor holdout
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... r-holdout/

In today’s NFL, players have every right to hold out
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -hold-out/

In Defense of Kam Chancellor
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/15/nfl- ... ks-holdout

Richard Sherman says every Seahawks player understands holdout Kam Chancellor’s stance
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... le34634511

LOL at your belief that every one of those articles backed up your decision.

A few were pro Kam. A few were neutral and pondered what would happen next in the world of the NFL.

But hey you found a few, nice work. We could link the articles that wondered what on gods green earth you were doing, but I'm not sure .net has the bandwidth to handle that :D

Either way, glad you are back and you were able to find it your heart to forgive us all. Good Luck Sunday.

You don't seem to understand. I am neutral in this. If you looked back at all of my post on this topic, I have never said the Seahawks should give Chancellor the contract he wanted. I have never said the current contract is too low for Chancellor. All I am saying is that no one should be so arrogant and judge Chancellor's decision as if he did something immoral. It is not appropriate to put into your own values to judge others. Different people have different values.

In the end of the day, it is easy for Seahawks fans to be biased against Chancellor, so I am not surprised why many fans in this site is on your side. After all, if you want the Seahawks to win and continue to win, you would hope that the team underpays every single players to allow the team to sign and keep as many superstars as possible under the salary cap. Under this selfish and evil perspective, what Chancellor did was not best for the team.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
libertforever12":d0wlb18m said:
Hawkpower":d0wlb18m said:
libertforever12":d0wlb18m said:
Hawkpower":d0wlb18m said:
"Quite a lot" of articles on your side? Maybe you could link them for us. I just googled it and 9 of the first 10 results were not in your favor.

I think you are seeing what you want to see.
It is not that hard to google. Here are a few:

Don't blame Kam Chancellor for his holdout in Seattle
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 8427,d.cGU

As cap grows, NFL teams fear more Kam Chancellor holdouts
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -holdouts/

Seahawks need to find face-saving solution to Chancellor holdout
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... r-holdout/

In today’s NFL, players have every right to hold out
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -hold-out/

In Defense of Kam Chancellor
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/15/nfl- ... ks-holdout

Richard Sherman says every Seahawks player understands holdout Kam Chancellor’s stance
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... le34634511

LOL at your belief that every one of those articles backed up your decision.

A few were pro Kam. A few were neutral and pondered what would happen next in the world of the NFL.

But hey you found a few, nice work. We could link the articles that wondered what on gods green earth you were doing, but I'm not sure .net has the bandwidth to handle that :D

Either way, glad you are back and you were able to find it your heart to forgive us all. Good Luck Sunday.

You don't seem to understand. I am neutral in this. If you looked back at all of my post on this topic, I have never said the Seahawks should give Chancellor the contract he wanted. I have never said the current contract is too low for Chancellor. All I am saying is that no one should be so arrogant and judge Chancellor's decision as if he did something immoral. It is not appropriate to put into your own values to judge others. Different people have different values.

In the end of the day, it is easy for Seahawks fans to be biased against Chancellor, so I am not surprised why many fans in this site is on your side. After all, if you want the Seahawks to win and continue to win, you would hope that the team underpays every single players to allow the team to sign and keep as many superstars as possible under the salary cap. Under this selfish and evil perspective, what Chancellor did was not best for the team.

Underpaid, lol. Selfish and evil :roll:

BTW Nobody said you were immoral. You just made a poor decision and it backfired.

Glad you came to your senses though, like I said.

libertforever12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3c2oxnrd said:
libertforever12":3c2oxnrd said:

I already told you I have not changed my opinion on this issue and told you to look back at my posts. What is wrong with you? How can you still don't understand?

BTW Nobody said you were immoral. You just made a poor decision and it backfired.

You are completely wrong again. See below starting with you:

This is about greed and stubborn pride, pure and simple.

CANHawk":3c2oxnrd said:
I love Kam, but he is a moron.

SoulfishHawk":3c2oxnrd said:
There is no excuse for what he is doing, period.

SomerseHawk":3c2oxnrd said:
Kam's being illogical and is just trying to get more money. That looks like it's failed, and now he's just being stubborn/fatalistic.

Hawkfan77":3c2oxnrd said:
I can't wait until we stop talking about this scrub

WilliamCooper":3c2oxnrd said:
Actually, he doesn't have a right to sit at home.

ivotuk":3c2oxnrd said:
Now, look at how Kam is screwing over Seahawks fans and players.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
libertforever12":gce7ftjm said:
Hawkpower":gce7ftjm said:
libertforever12":gce7ftjm said:

I already told you I have not changed my opinion on this issue and told you to look back at my posts. What is wrong with you? How can you still don't understand?

CANHawk":gce7ftjm said:

SoulfishHawk":gce7ftjm said:

SomerseHawk":gce7ftjm said:
Kam's being illogical and is just trying to get more money. That looks like it's failed, and now he's just being stubborn/fatalistic.

Hawkfan77":gce7ftjm said:

WilliamCooper":gce7ftjm said:

ivotuk":gce7ftjm said:

Well yes, Kam you were criticized.

Fans really loved you and they couldn't understand what you were doing.

But I don't see anyone calling you immoral. Just baffled and pissed.

But, again, you came to your senses and came back to the team after your plan backfired. Go get em tomorrow.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
It's interesting that those that are hating Kam for this holdout can't seem to accept that not everyone thinks the same way. There is, as there always is, an entire range of possible takes on the situation; from "Kam is dead to me" to "Schneider's a dick for ever putting Kam in a position to have to do this in the first place".

I believe most in here fall somewhere between the two extremes, but it'd be hard to prove it reading here. I guess the farther you are toward one extreme or the other the more you feel it necessary to have everyone else agreeing with you.

libertforever12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":thfhas4v said:
libertforever12":thfhas4v said:
libertforever12":thfhas4v said:

CANHawk":thfhas4v said:

SoulfishHawk":thfhas4v said:

SomerseHawk":thfhas4v said:

Hawkfan77":thfhas4v said:

WilliamCooper":thfhas4v said:

ivotuk":thfhas4v said:

But, again, you came to your senses and came back to the team after your plan backfired. Go get em tomorrow.
You don't need to use the word immoral to mean just that. Period.

Then again Kam doesn't owe anyone an explanation to play or not to play the game.

Cartire

Reaction score
libertforever12":16vrmzxe said:
Then again Kam doesn't owe anyone an explanation to play or not to play the game.

I dont know if I like you speaking in the 3rd person. Its remind me of Willie "Mays" Hayes.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
In the end of the day, it is easy for Seahawks fans to be biased against Chancellor, so I am not surprised why many fans in this site is on your side. After all, if you want the Seahawks to win and continue to win, you would hope that the team underpays every single players to allow the team to sign and keep as many superstars as possible under the salary cap. Under this selfish and evil perspective, what Chancellor did was not best for the team.[/quote]

Glad you came to your senses though, like I said.[/quote]

Hawkpower":3703ogcm said:

Hawkpower":3703ogcm said:

CANHawk":3703ogcm said:

SoulfishHawk":3703ogcm said:

SomerseHawk":3703ogcm said:

Hawkfan77":3703ogcm said:

WilliamCooper":3703ogcm said:

ivotuk":3703ogcm said:
[/quote]

But, again, you came to your senses and came back to the team after your plan backfired. Go get em tomorrow.[/quote]

Then again Kam doesn't owe anyone an explanation to play or not to play the game.[/quote]

Wow the fan reaction hit you hard. Surprised you were surprised.

Well we all live and learn, even famous football players. Glad you came to your senses.

Good luck tomorrow.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
On thing that I find funny is the "strong safety" argument. He's the highest or one of the highest paid strong safeties or whatever.

Right.

This is a clear indication that you don't know what you're looking at. Again, I keep going back to the falldown play and kind of picking on Earl, but just the fact that Earl doesn't cheat that side when they isolate Bailey all by his lonesome is just absurd. He really does depend on Kam to tell him where he needs to be. Earl's got the best view on the defense and his eyes just continue to fail him in coverage without Kam there (wasn't just the one play). It's a similar effect with the LBs. Kam is normally in constant communication with Wagner and that wasn't there. The front 7 and back 4 were just not in sync.

So yeah, back to the strong safety arguement......this is one of the most dominant defenders in all of football. And he gets even more dominant when the lights go on in the playoffs.

If I'm Kam Chancellor, getting strong safety money isn't nearly enough. Not even remotely close. One of the most dominant defenders in football, where he literally owns the area he's in whether that's at the LOS against OL or deep in coverage against WRs, as well as telling everyone where they need to be....not even remotely close to enough money.

Some team is going to pay Kam well into the double digits of millions next year if the Seahawks don't do something to appease him enough.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1l6tvw7n said:
On thing that I find funny is the "strong safety" argument. He's the highest or one of the highest paid strong safeties or whatever.

Right.

This is a clear indication that you don't know what you're looking at. Again, I keep going back to the falldown play and kind of picking on Earl, but just the fact that Earl doesn't cheat that side when they isolate Bailey all by his lonesome is just absurd. He really does depend on Kam to tell him where he needs to be. Earl's got the best view on the defense and his eyes just continue to fail him in coverage without Kam there (wasn't just the one play). It's a similar effect with the LBs. Kam is normally in constant communication with Wagner and that wasn't there. The front 7 and back 4 were just not in sync.

So yeah, back to the strong safety arguement......this is one of the most dominant defenders in all of football. And he gets even more dominant when the lights go on in the playoffs.

If I'm Kam Chancellor, getting strong safety money isn't nearly enough. Not even remotely close. One of the most dominant defenders in football, where he literally owns the area he's in whether that's at the LOS against OL or deep in coverage against WRs, as well as telling everyone where they need to be....not even remotely close to enough money.

Some team is going to pay Kam well into the double digits of millions next year if the Seahawks don't do something to appease him enough.

How?

Kam will still be under contract.

He can hold out again if he likes, the FO will again do nothing and he will lose money.

So no, next year he gets what the Seahawks pay him.

libertforever12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":7lxbvsrm said:
Libertforever12":7lxbvsrm said:
Hawkpower":7lxbvsrm said:

Well we all live and learn, even famous football players. Glad you came to your senses.

Good luck tomorrow.
You have not learned and have not come to your senses. You don't seem to have any logic.

I can't say I am surprised, because there are always people out there who are irrationnal.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
libertforever12":azxirtzl said:
Hawkpower":azxirtzl said:
Libertforever12":azxirtzl said:
Hawkpower":azxirtzl said:

Good luck tomorrow.
You have not learned and have not come to your senses. You don't seem to have any logic.

I can't say I am surprised, because there are always people out there who are irrationnal.

Haha LOL :D

Good luck to you Kam.

By the way, I noticed that since you joined this week you have only posted in this thread. Feel free to stick around after all this dies down and post in other threads as well.

Go kick some Bear butt tomorrow bud. Glad to have you back.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":v0r54jyz said:
vin.couve12":v0r54jyz said:

Right.

How?

He can hold out again if he likes, the FO will again do nothing and he will lose money.

There's a whole greater issue that can cascade to other players if things aren't handled well enough. Kam obviously carries an enormous amount of weight as an extremely productive and influential player and field general as well as a player that basically every other player in the locker room looks up to. It could get real ugly even if no one intends it to go that way.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3e0kwbfk said:
Hawkpower":3e0kwbfk said:
vin.couve12":3e0kwbfk said:

Right.

How?

There's a whole greater issue that can cascade to other players if things aren't handled well enough. Kam obviously carries an enormous amount of weight as an extremely productive and influential player and field general as well as a player that basically every other player in the locker room looks up to. It could get real ugly even if no one intends it to go that way.

You mean like this year....when ET and others basically told him to get his butt back to the team?

The FO already showed the team how they handle these situations. Paul Allen told him to suck it, and Kam came crawling back with his tail between his legs. There is no concern, this is how our team works.

Kam isnt going anywhere except the field or the couch until he's a free agent. He can play and get paid, or pout and not.

Simple.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2t0nru07 said:
vin.couve12":2t0nru07 said:
Hawkpower":2t0nru07 said:
vin.couve12":2t0nru07 said:

Right.

How?

You mean like this year....when ET and others basically told him to get his butt back to the team?

The FO already showed the team how they handle these situations. Paul Allen told him to suck it, and Kam came crawling back with his tail between his legs. There is no concern, this is how our team works.

Kam isnt going anywhere except the field or the couch until he's a free agent. He can play and get paid, or pout and not.

Simple.

Sure...