Moffits Last Tweet?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANHawk

Reaction score
cdallan":b7gmtghk said:
CANHawk":b7gmtghk said:
It clearly means he is an alien, who after many years living among us has collected enough useful information to assist the coming invasion and has decided to return to his home world.

You're saying he's Canadian?

uhhh.... no. I... ahhh... don't know what you're talking about... Canada has no plans to invade you.... <nervous laugh> I don't know where you got that idea...... :34853_tinfoil:

Why am I loading these war beavers into this catapult you ask? heh, heh... No reason in particular... no reason at all....... :34853_tinfoil:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":3sprd585 said:
Call me crazy, but I say Moffit turns it around this year, and not only claims a roster spot, but cements as a clear starter on our O-line
You're crazy.

Giblien

Reaction score
I'm sorry but some of you guys sound like middle school Facebook stalkers. Relax.

Reaction score
Everyone hating on Moffitt... a lot of people thought unger was a bust at one point too.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":e38358so said:
Everyone hating on Moffitt... a lot of people thought unger was a bust at one point too.

But they were wrong. Hopefully we are too. That'll be up to Moffitt to prove.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Moffitt just reminds me of that obnoxious self-conscious chubby kid who tried to be the class clown by spewing out Austin Powers references. Neither funny or clever, mostly annoying and sad. I really don't get the appeal of the guy on a personal level. I hope he works out as a player for the Seahawks' sake, but I won't be sad if he ever does get cut.

nfcwizard

Reaction score
pinksheets":25xwl7cq said:
Moffitt just reminds me of that obnoxious self-conscious chubby kid who tried to be the class clown by spewing out Austin Powers references. Neither funny or clever, mostly annoying and sad. I really don't get the appeal of the guy on a personal level. I hope he works out as a player for the Seahawks' sake, but I won't be sad if he ever does get cut.

Excatly how I feel!!! Moffitt needs to hit the gym, I coach highschool football and those guy look in better shape than moffitt.

cdallan

Reaction score
CANHawk":2p6j9vzo said:
cdallan":2p6j9vzo said:
CANHawk":2p6j9vzo said:
It clearly means he is an alien, who after many years living among us has collected enough useful information to assist the coming invasion and has decided to return to his home world.

You're saying he's Canadian?

uhhh.... no. I... ahhh... don't know what you're talking about... Canada has no plans to invade you.... <nervous laugh> I don't know where you got that idea...... :34853_tinfoil:

Why am I loading these war beavers into this catapult you ask? heh, heh... No reason in particular... no reason at all....... :34853_tinfoil:

Whatever we all think of Moffit, can we all come together and agree to try as hard as we can to find a use for the phrase "war beaver"? Seems a shame to waste it.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I met Moffitt a couple weeks ago at a restaurant/bar pre-grand-opening training event. Don't take his joking about not working out too seriously. The guy won a state weightlifting championship in high school. Yeah, yeah, that was then, etc. Point is, he has known his way around the weight room for a long time. When I put my hand on his shoulder and back, it felt like rock. The dude is SOLID. I know, he doesn't look it on the RRR, so I was taken aback. I realize that all professional football players are big and strong, but Moffitt felt really really solid.

I love that I just typed a paragraph about what it was like to touch John Moffitt. :D

As for his personality, well not every human being is for everybody. When he came over to my woman and me at the bar, he snuck up on us, gave her a big hug and the good times were on. Instantly it felt like we were catching up with an old and dear friend. After introductions, we got to riffing back and forth, laughing, and carrying on. He was not goofing around or showing off, just being a fun, affable, self-deprecating, sincere dude. We hung out for 10-15 minutes and he signed my woman's jersey. At one point, we were so deep in conversation and good vibes that he accidentally drank from my beer instead of his. I didn't notice, but he did immediately and got the bartender to get me a fresh one while telling me, "You do NOT want Moffitt germs!" It was hilarious. A priceless moment.

At the end of the evening, we went over to say goodbye to him and his girlfriend. We met her earlier; she was totally sweet. John signed some Moffitt Merch and I joked about the action photo of him from 2010 that the bar management had handed out. "Who is THIS rookie?" I asked. He took one look and laughed and said, "Oh man. Oh, I bet I gave up a sack on that one too. I remember every play I ever played and yeah, Charlie (Whitehurst) was in trouble on that one." We chatted a bit more, he shook my hand for the third time that night, thanked us for the support, and said he'd tweet when he was in Olympia again.

All in all, we rapped Earth-threatening asteroids, aliens, the Star Wars missile defense system, a bunch of other tangents, and Max Unger. At the time, the most recent RRR had Max talking about how everyone comes up to him talking about Moffitt, so I switched it up, saying, "Man, on the Real Rob Report that Max Unger is so awesome!" He got a kick out of it, and said Max is his best friend. It was an exceptional night and I'll always be glad that he was the first Seahawk I ever met.

Here he is sneaking up on us:
AR JM sm zps344f2efa

And being huge and cuddly:
AR JR JM sm zpse1543212
For perspective, I'm 6'2" 200 lbs.

CANHawk

Reaction score
cdallan":1anvmlpi said:
Whatever we all think of Moffit, can we all come together and agree to try as hard as we can to find a use for the phrase "war beaver"? Seems a shame to waste it.

Sure, i'll use it again:

CANHawk is totally not going to attack Lynden WA. with a tractor trailer full of War Beavers. :34853_tinfoil:

@Clock: awesome story brah.

formido

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":34003r5w said:
I met Moffitt a couple weeks ago at a restaurant/bar pre-grand-opening training event. Don't take his joking about not working out too seriously. The guy won a state weightlifting championship in high school. Yeah, yeah, that was then, etc. Point is, he has known his way around the weight room for a long time. When I put my hand on his shoulder and back, it felt like rock. The dude is SOLID. I know, he doesn't look it on the RRR, so I was taken aback. I realize that all professional football players are big and strong, but Moffitt felt really really solid.

I love that I just typed a paragraph about what it was like to touch John Moffitt. :D

As for his personality, well not every human being is for everybody. When he came over to my woman and me at the bar, he snuck up on us, gave her a big hug and the good times were on. Instantly it felt like we were catching up with an old and dear friend. After introductions, we got to riffing back and forth, laughing, and carrying on. He was not goofing around or showing off, just being a fun, affable, self-deprecating, sincere dude. We hung out for 10-15 minutes and he signed my woman's jersey. At one point, we were so deep in conversation and good vibes that he accidentally drank from my beer instead of his. I didn't notice, but he did immediately and got the bartender to get me a fresh one while telling me, "You do NOT want Moffitt germs!" It was hilarious. A priceless moment.

At the end of the evening, we went over to say goodbye to him and his girlfriend. We met her earlier; she was totally sweet. John signed some Moffitt Merch and I joked about the action photo of him from 2010 that the bar management had handed out. "Who is THIS rookie?" I asked. He took one look and laughed and said, "Oh man. Oh, I bet I gave up a sack on that one too. I remember every play I ever played and yeah, Charlie (Whitehurst) was in trouble on that one." We chatted a bit more, he shook my hand for the third time that night, thanked us for the support, and said he'd tweet when he was in Olympia again.

All in all, we rapped Earth-threatening asteroids, aliens, the Star Wars missile defense system, a bunch of other tangents, and Max Unger. At the time, the most recent RRR had Max talking about how everyone comes up to him talking about Moffitt, so I switched it up, saying, "Man, on the Real Rob Report that Max Unger is so awesome!" He got a kick out of it, and said Max is his best friend. It was an exceptional night and I'll always be glad that he was the first Seahawk I ever met.

Here he is sneaking up on us:
AR JM sm zps344f2efa

And being huge and cuddly:
AR JR JM sm zpse1543212
For perspective, I'm 6'2" 200 lbs.

No, I think the point about the lifting championship is important. You don't just goof off your way into something like that, not even in high school. Plus, that remembering every play bit--it sounds like he takes his job seriously, however he acts in social situations. Thanks for providing a counterpoint.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I've liked moffit ever since his first interview on seattle radio turned into about 10 minutes about how much he loves taco bell volcano tacos.

hope he succeeds and sticks with the team.

We really gonna get upset because he peed on bellevue square? shhhhh.

themunn

Reaction score
formido":k8b48man said:
No, I think the point about the lifting championship is important. You don't just goof off your way into something like that, not even in high school. Plus, that remembering every play bit--it sounds like he takes his job seriously, however he acts in social situations. Thanks for providing a counterpoint.

somebody called him "weak" due to his combine result of 23 reps, but for O-Line bench-press isn't as important as you think, leg strength and back strength are far more important, as your arms are going to be close to locked most of the time anyway.

For the record, James Carpenter is at the moment considered "possibly the strongest guy on the team". Anyone care to hazard a guess at his combine result in the BP?

I'll give you a clue, it's a number I've mentioned already

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Any chance he plays for you guys? Or is he officially a lost cause?

formido

Reaction score
NinerBuff":23p9od7g said:

No chance. Carroll has mentioned that part of his philosophy is to keep around a handful of guys in camp to lighten the mood.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
formido":32mjijod said:
NinerBuff":32mjijod said:

No chance. Carroll has mentioned that part of his philosophy is to keep around a handful of guys in camp to lighten the mood.

Sucks, reminds me a little of Kentwan Balmer. Not great on the field, headcase off the field. Didn't he end up playing on the Seahawks? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts