Most likely to be traded?

Meeker

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":29jy9ofz said:
A linebacker with elite speed and ball skills as well as championship experience could mean a lot to Dallas.

He could mean a lot to the Hawks in their attempt to repeat. Would rather have him for the year and have him factor into comp picks next offseason.

chris98251

Reaction score
Toomer, he may have a lot of ability but he has yet to make it to regular season.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Maybe Terrelle Pryor but he has to show he can pass before anyone would want him, so probably unlikely.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Cartire":139qnjca said:
inb4 ride mentions TJax.

Wait, what am I saying, he believes that no team would want him.

Just the thought is ridiculous. They all had their chance last year to pick him up for nothing. It wasn't til the Bills had two QBs go down that they brought him in and he was still third string...the Bills.

sutz

Reaction score
With massive roster cutdowns in the offing, trades seem like a remote possibility. Sure, it could happen, but most teams will look to see who hits the FA market first.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You've got to think that the team if nothing less will try to trade some of the depth at DB or at RB or LB. These players may go to good teams b/c the weaker teams won't want to lose picks but teams like Jax will be there to try to grab up our cuts to improve their depth. The stronger team will trade late round picks to ensure they fix depth weaknesses to avoid the waiver rules which would preclude them from actually claiming a valuable player due to their position in the claiming order. The player(s) traded may come as a surprise to most of us. This time of year is always happy and sad at the the same time b/c of the change the team must make.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Someone that has value to other teams... More to them than to us... That other teams think we might keep or they don't want to risk waivers on.
Christine Michael. If he's really not going to get to play for us then we have to get something for that 2nd.

Seafan

Reaction score
Dallas is definitely in dire need for LBs, especially Mikes. They are so thin that they could likely pick some guys up in the enxt 8 days off waivers and actually improve their team. I would be a little surprised if they were to trade for players now. But with Jerry you never know.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I like the thoughts I read of a Dallas trade, but I honestly don't know who I'd want. I think I'd rather have a good offensive lineman if we can weasel one out of them. OR, we play on Jerry's infatuation with Johnny.

Here's the scenario: Gordon's suspension comes in, full season. I'm thinking we send Malcolm Smith to the Browns for Manziel. Manziel to Dallas for Terrance Williams. Williams back to the Browns for Joe Thomas. We end up with one of the best in the NFL. Would never work, I know, but I misery loves company and I think Manziel and Dallas are destined for each other.

Cartire

Reaction score
ManBunts":176riabq said:
I like the thoughts I read of a Dallas trade, but I honestly don't know who I'd want. I think I'd rather have a good offensive lineman if we can weasel one out of them. OR, we play on Jerry's infatuation with Johnny.

Here's the scenario: Gordon's suspension comes in, full season. I'm thinking we send Malcolm Smith to the Browns for Manziel. Manziel to Dallas for Terrance Williams. Williams back to the Browns for Joe Thomas. We end up with one of the best in the NFL. Would never work, I know, but I misery loves company and I think Manziel and Dallas are destined for each other.

hahaha, you kids and your crazy madden games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm confused at the question.

Why would other teams give up draft picks for guys we're going to cut?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16axemf1 said:

Theoretically to guarantee they get the player.

It's rare to get anything of value in these scenarios. (Unless the person making the trade is intoxicated and trades a 1st for Trent Richardson).

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1htdljed said:

I was thinking that exact thing. Some here said trade Smith which I am not on board with. Why do we need to trade anyone? OL is the only question mark, and it isn't looking too bad at this moment.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Largent80":27y6bsge said:
Sgt. Largent":27y6bsge said:

I was thinking that exact thing. Some here said trade Smith which I am not on board with. Why do we need to trade anyone? OL is the only question mark, and it isn't looking too bad at this moment.

They'd rather trade the player and get something than cut the player and get nothing. It's just wishful thinking or Madden mindset.

At least pose some realistic scenarios. Malcom Smith to the Browns for Johnny Manziel so we can trade to the Cowboys? Trade Christian Michael because he needed to learn blocking assignments? :34853_doh:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":cz2ekb9c said:
Largent80":cz2ekb9c said:
Sgt. Largent":cz2ekb9c said:

They'd rather trade the player and get something than cut the player and get nothing. It's just wishful thinking or Madden mindset. :

Of course we'd rather trade the player, but the only players we'd be trading right now are the ones that we'd be cutting for final roster cuts right?............and other teams know that.

Now after the season starts up to the trade deadline is when teams are desperate due to key injuries, that's when to maximize trade value, not now.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Cartire":1cs6vc86 said:
ManBunts":1cs6vc86 said:

hahaha, you kids and your crazy madden games.

How DARE you!...I'm a product of Tecmo Bowl and actively avoid any football video game that doesn't let me run a sweep with Bo Jackson.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ll2t5sk said:
Basis4day":1ll2t5sk said:
Largent80":1ll2t5sk said:
Sgt. Largent":1ll2t5sk said:

They'd rather trade the player and get something than cut the player and get nothing. It's just wishful thinking or Madden mindset. :

Of course we'd rather trade the player, but the only players we'd be trading right now are the ones that we'd be cutting for final roster cuts right?............and other teams know that.

Now after the season starts up to the trade deadline is when teams are desperate due to key injuries, that's when to maximize trade value, not now.
of course everyone knows we're cutting these guys and they could be picked up as free agents, but if other teams want our guys, they have to wait their turn in the waivers process and might not get their man. All you're looking for as far as trades go is somebody willing to give up a 7th or so to jump the cue. Thats it. Any talk about getting 2nds or 3rds for our back up back ups is just silly talk...

Mick063

Reaction score
I am in agreement with much of the previous post except for one thing that I mentioned earlier in the thread. I believe they would swap with a team for OL/DL depth instead of a pick. The incoming player would likely not make the squad similar to last year's transaction that brought in the defensive tackle (had a Samoan name I believe) from Denver (for Moffitt). Carroll worked that player for two weeks and gave him a decent chunk of playing time in the final preseason game. He was ultimately cut, but Carroll still gave him an extensive look.

Seattle would attempt to trade a player like Morgan instead of cut him because he has some relative value compared to typical final roster cuts. They could use an offensive lineman equivalently competent as compared to Morgan's competency at linebacker. A trade that would be mutually beneficial to both teams as opposed to simply losing those players to the waiver wire. I believe this is a more likely scenario than getting a draft pick in return.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
I think you skip trading in conference and especiallyl with an in-season opponent....You want to trade out of conference and off your schedule.

The Jets need CB's and you might be able to squeeze former Seahawk front office guy Idzik out of a decent pick. I don't see any reason why you would trade someone off your potential 53, but if you guarantee someone that avoids the waiver wire, the team may be willing to part with a 6th or 7th rounder.

You could part with a Philip Adams or A.J. Jefferson.....that would probably be as far as I would go, would not part with Jeron Johnson.....Eric Pinkins is likely a PUP or practice squad guy, so there is more youth available to groom.

Still think Simon is eventually going to be a starter next year because I don't see the team paying Byron Maxwell big money, so we have Shead and others to fill in.

Latest posts