News of Cuts coming in .... plus Trades

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/772219088558927872[/tweet]

Here is the nature of moves for each player.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Official announcement of transactions from our Seattle Seahawks >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/03/seattle-seahawks-set-53-man-roster-trade-defensive-backs-lj-mccray-and-dewey[/urltargetblank]

And as a reminder ......

[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/772147894984073216[/tweet]

.............. and then at 12pm ET Sunday ........ the annual musical chair game begins.

Seafan

Reaction score
LolaRox":895hey55 said:
I doubt (at least I hope not) this is the final roster. There is no way we keep 12 DBs and only 5 LBs - right?

Most of the time there are only 2 LBs on the field. Marsh can play OLB and Clark can too.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cut most productive back in pre season, keep dysfunctional long snapper that makes tackles.

I'm sad right now, not to mention we don't need Linebackers on this team, we just run out a bunch of Safeties.

This cannot be the final breakdown, there are moves coming. The Craps table is now looking at Schneider as the Dice Roller, I hope he is on a hot streak.

BASF

Reaction score
Does anyone watch enough Stanford games to know if Vannett has any experience playing the H-Back role to where he can play as a lead blocker?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am super excited to see our new 7 safety and one half a linebacker defense.....

No I'm not.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Worst cut was Marcus Burley, IMO. Extremely talented slot corner with excellent instincts who just lacks the size that Carroll prefers.

GLio14

Reaction score
Sooooooo pissed that Lawler and Pope got cut. I hope they manage to go to the PS.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
The safety additions were clearly about special teams. Obviously, the coaches were not happy with what they were seeing on the coverage units. Why keep a 6th or 7th WR when you can have ball hawking safeties on special teams? Makes sense, actually.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/772224595361280000[/tweet]

McGruff

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":icp9c55i said:
I know that it is not fair to say as I am not in the classroom or at every practice, but these cuts feel the least like they fit the "Always Compete" mantra that I have seen.

13 rookies and 6 UDFA's make the list and it seems like it wasn't competitive? They kept a UDFA receiver over a guy they drafted, a UDFA tackle over a vet and a tackle they drafted last year.

I know people are perturbed about Pope, but many of these moves reek of competition wins. We may not have seen it in the 30 snaps each got in games, but they saw it in the 45 days of practice and study.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
McGruff":1tkngb19 said:
Smelly McUgly":1tkngb19 said:
I know that it is not fair to say as I am not in the classroom or at every practice, but these cuts feel the least like they fit the "Always Compete" mantra that I have seen.

13 rookies and 6 UDFA's make the list and it seems like it wasn't competitive? They kept a UDFA receiver over a guy they drafted, a UDFA tackle over a vet and a tackle they drafted last year.

I know people are perturbed about Pope, but many of these moves reek of competition wins. We may not have seen it in the 30 snaps each got in games, but they saw it in the 45 days of practice and study.

Well, it isn't just Pope. LS, cutting Burley, Fant's potential over slightly better production from someone else, etc.

But you are probably right. As I have said twice, what do I know really?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
So I see everyone's pissed about the cuts? I'm just sitting back like I'm pretty sure Pete and John know what's up!!! LOL, conventional or not, they're system works people!

Basis4day

Reaction score
Honest question to Pope supporters:

How did he do in pass protection? We know how much the coaches care about RB abilities to pass block. It's a huge reason Michael never got going the first time around.

jake206

Reaction score
Other teams will be trolling the Seahawks roster waivers for players. Its been done for years now.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
A Position-By-Position Breakdown Of The Seahawks’ 53-Man Roster >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/03/position-position-breakdown-seahawks%E2%80%99-53-man-roster[/urltargetblank]

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Backup guards are a concern, I guess. Odhiambo has looked better at LT than LG and can't play well on the right side of the line. Webb has played almost exclusively at tackle in the preseason and could be trouble in pass pro at guard. I wish they had kept Evans as insurance, but I guess they could re-sign him down the road if need be.

Latest posts