News of Cuts coming in .... plus Trades

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Betting money that Baltimore takes Pope. But compared to stripping our CB depth bare, doesn't even register on the list of moronic moves the FO made this year.

Well, that's that.

The defense needed to get better this year, not worse.

John was either drunk or high because nothing else makes sense for the move made (unless Burley punched him in the face or something...)

drrew

Reaction score
Bryant and Hill both waived ?!?....week one starts with only 3 DTs?

I realize Bennett slides inside, but that seems crazy.

edit: so Justin Hamilton is the 4th DT...I spend a crazy amount of time reading/following the Hawks, and I'm not sure I even know that name.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Come on. Burley is roster worthy to me. Maybe I'm just a Delaware homer. I thought Pope earned a spot big time.

Simon over Burley? Simon better evolve back into the promising corner he was, because he was hot ASS this preseason.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
drrew":3lelo8ag said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/772203650257031168[/tweet]

They cut the Tuk? :229031_banghead:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Collins over Pope?????? Guess the FO didnt want to admit to a draft mistake and then went ahead and made another. Agree cutting Burley also a head scratcher but at least they ditched Simon which was nice to see.

McGruff

Reaction score
drrew":z8x44hjo said:
Bryant and Hill both waived ?!?....week one starts with only 3 DTs?

I realize Bennett slides inside, but that seems crazy.

Rubin, Reed, McDaniel and Jefferson. Plus Bennett.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
anyone watching the weak tackling effort on special teams, can clearly see what these safeties are here for....to tackle on kickoffs, punt returns and establish some physicality lost with the departure of players like Lockette, Kasen Williams, Kevin Smith, Jeron Johnson, Maragos types of players that establish a mindset.....Kicking to Tavon Austin and others on our schedule, isn't a good idea without Special Teams aces.

If these safeties can come in and head-hunt for some hits on special teams and punt coverage, we are set.....Seeing weak tackling players like Tharold Simon, Kenny Lawler, Paul Richardson and others, isn't a recipe for long term success.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":85tmklbb said:
anyone watching the weak tackling effort on special teams, can clearly see what these safeties are here for....to tackle on kickoffs, punt returns and establish some physicality lost with the departure of players like Lockette, Kasen Williams, Kevin Smith, Jeron Johnson, Maragos types of players that establish a mindset.....Kicking to Tavon Austin and others on our schedule, isn't a good idea without Special Teams aces.

If these safeties can come in and head-hunt for some hits on special teams and punt coverage, we are set.....Seeing weak tackling players like Tharold Simon, Kenny Lawler, Paul Richardson and others, isn't a recipe for long term success.

Haven't seen these players yet, but was sort of hoping they'd just sign Jeron Johnson.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1psojfs0 said:
Collins over Pope?????? Guess the FO didnt want to admit to a draft mistake and then went ahead and made another. Agree cutting Burley also a head scratcher but at least they ditched Simon which was nice to see.

So after 4 preseason games we know all we're ever going to know about Collins?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I loved Pope but he did his work against 2-4th string players. He showed a lot of promise and I hope he gets a shot somewhere. I trust them if they decided to Keep Collins over him and we have to remember they see these guys every single day in practice.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Basis4day":2gvykc7f said:
Cyrus12":2gvykc7f said:

So after 4 preseason games we know all we're ever going to know about Collins?

Yeah people claiming Collins and Prosise suck is baffling to me. Not knocking anyone's opinion but I trust the F.O who is the best in the league. Lets give these guys a chance.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Cyrus12":nalzz84m said:

Where did u see that?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Always "compete." What a joke. Keeping Simon over Burley?? Collins over Pope? And why cut Tuakufu? Who's the blocking back in goalline situations?

Keeping Collins over Pope just makes me sick.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Again, Collins won't amount to anything. He doesn't have the tools or talent to be more than average.
So he's a wasted roster slot, but who cares?

I am more worried about our defense going from LOB to LOL.

But we got a lot of guys to play ST while the opposing team completes passes all over us, our LB depth is crap and our DL cannot get any pass rush at all. (But Marsh will lead in "almost hurries" as some genius poster pointed out).

drrew

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/772208114036645888[/tweet]