NFL to hold private Saturday workout for Kaepernick

Osprey

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3bq2sz1a said:
And show me how he "hates cops" what??????

"Racialized oppression and dehumanization is woven into the very fabric of our nation," Kaepernick said in his speech. "The effects of which can be seen in the lawful lynching of black and brown people by the police, and the mass incarceration of black and brown lives in the prison industrial complex.

"There's a lot of things that need to change," Kaepernick said. "One specifically? Police brutality. There's people being murdered unjustly and not being held accountable. People are being given paid leave for killing people.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/875832378501074944[/tweet]

Doesn't look like love to me :34853_tinfoil:

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hmm. Kaep is now saying he wants to bring his own receivers to the workout as the league wouldn't say/doesn't know who the receivers will be. Methinks one of them might be OBJ, because as we all know, CLE played PIT yesterday.

Just another "top this, troll" salvo in this strange saga.

Osprey

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3pwpcleo said:
as if no grey area can exist?
Sure, lots of room around the discussion of escalation of force vs. obeying lawful orders, etc.

Casting modern day LEOs as antebellum slave patrols / wanton killers, not so much.

Osprey

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":eiecftkf said:
Hmm. Kaep is now saying he wants to bring his own receivers to the workout as the league wouldn't say/doesn't know who the receivers will be. Methinks one of them might be OBJ, because as we all know, CLE played PIT yesterday.

Just another "top this, troll" salvo in this strange saga.
Yeah, this whole thing is just weird. Here's hoping they go live with it on NFL network :0190l:

Osprey

Reaction score
Random thought: Could this whole circus be related to the recent collusion legal settlement? Maybe the League was required to make some sort of good faith effort and this is them complying in the most dickish way possible?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I've read repeatedly that it has nothing to do with the collusion agreement. More likely, 1) Jay-Z pushed for this as part of his partnerships w/NFL and 2) NFL decided to bring the troll fest to a head.

Elaborating on (2), every couple of news cycles, Kaep's PR machine tweets a release/workout vid or other saying Kaep is ready, keeps training and hasn't gotten a call. The October tweet said just that. Predictably, reaction ensues from celebs and big-name journos as to why Kaep isn't hired. I've read a lot of these articles, and they basically go like this:

Stuff about Colin Kaepernick staying ready.
How he's kneeling for reasons.
How QB replacements have worse stats than him but get at least a call whereas Kaep does not.
Something about Ferguson or Fruitvale or how Kaep spent his birthday giving supplies to the homeless.
Something about how Trump disapproved of Kaep.
More about how Kaep took his team to a SB and NFCCG.
Ending: Why doesn't this guy get a look?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If the guy can make a team on his own merits then good on him. If he can’t he won’t.

justafan

Reaction score
I have a tremendous amount of respect for people who put it on the line in peaceful civil disobedience to improve social injustice. The athletes protested for people who didnt have a voice.

This country needs more people to fight for change and less sheeple.

I doubt anyone will sign him. They dont want to deal with the circus the press will bring.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Osprey":24ava7ok said:
Uncle Si":24ava7ok said:
as if no grey area can exist?
Sure, lots of room around the discussion of escalation of force vs. obeying lawful orders, etc.

Casting modern day LEOs as antebellum slave patrols / wanton killers, not so much.

That's how a lot of people, feeling threatened on an everyday basis, look at it though.

Again, for another time/place, but i think the vitriol proposed by one of the posters here is way over the top. Disagree, as you have, is expected, even though I disagree with that disagreement (ha)

penihawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":17rvlnp8 said:
rcaido":17rvlnp8 said:
MD5eahawks":17rvlnp8 said:
Rat":17rvlnp8 said:
This seems like a bit of harsh reaction.
I have zero respect for that racist police hating punk. He has done nothing to better his so called belief and has even managed to bring disrespect to an iconic American flag on July 4th no less.
What a waste of life.

Wait what? What did he do?

As for protesting in sports its been like this forever...From women, color discrimination, war, human rights, & religion. This has always been a platform to be used. Only people who get extremely butthurt over it are the people who dont want change.

I have less of an issue with him kneeling than I do with him wearing a pro-Castro shirt and socks depicting police as pigs. Dude was an empty-headed douche nozzle before he met his activist girlfriend, and now he's treated as a martyr. F him.

:ditto:

Osprey

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2k5ethzd said:
...i think the vitriol proposed by one of the posters here is way over the top...)
No doubt. No personal animus toward CK, I'd love to see him get a gig just to put an end to the narrative.

If anything, he's a sad story of a fading athlete desperate for relevancy, exploited by a significant other and her activist friends.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope they play the national anthem and all the NFL team representatives stand and put their hands over their hearts, LOL. It'd be hilarious to see how Kaepernick reacts.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Well Jerrah, Chiefs, Bears have announced they're not going but per Schefter, 24 teams are.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1195786538560507905[/tweet]

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1195821238763036674[/tweet]

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm totally disgusted. Most of the league had sent reps. In fact, NFL had agreed to let Nike film there for a commercial.

But no, not good enough--30 minutes before a job interview, Kaep's TEAM (TM) moves this whole thing over an hour away. I watched part of the livestream---it' s him catching a couple passes and then literally posing for stills wearing a "Kunta Kinte" T-shirt.

Yeah--standing up 75 percent of the NFL after they said you could shoot another shoe ad isn't exacty...slavery.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Kaep is a clown and so are some of the snowflake posters in this thread.

He lost his job because he sucks at playing QB, so then he decided to stunt. He’s like a woman that thinks screaming in public will create change.

Yell louder.