Niner fans here: How's the crowd at the new stadium?

djgtek

Reaction score
Hi, I come in peace :D . I am an season ticket holder at Levi's Stadium and have been to pretty much every game this season. I sit in the lower deck area on the home side so I can give a pretty fair assessment of the crowd. I would say that the crowd is overall 'into the game' all 4 quarters but really they don't get riled up until there is a key 3rd down OR down the stretch into the 4th quarter during critical drives. There are times during the game when the opponent has the ball on Offense and the crowd is DEAD quiet. I think part of the lack of enthusiasm has been our enemic offense and lack of TD's. I wish that i could say otherwise but unfortunately that has been the vibe thus far at the new stadium. We have only drawn maybe a handful "delay of game" or "false start" penalties all season (I think on nick foles and the eagles?). The crowd typically gets loud AFTER the offense breaks the huddle so it should have no impact on Wilson calling the plays in the huddle. I'm hoping for a competitive game and of course the homer in my predicts a 49er win by the slimmest of margins. Best of luck to you, it should be a GREAT game!

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
pehawk":1txe4t09 said:
One of the community's most straight-forward posters had his innocent thread devolve into a hypothetical fandom showdown. It's pretty bad when Marvin49 is the example of solid contributer in a thread.

XOXO

Ray Wershing

S'all good.

And anyway there's enough here to interpolate a guess from what people have been posting:

1) crowd isn't exactly the same, but near the same

2) it's not a big worry, because it isn't and hasn't been as big a factor as it is with Hawks games

3) my query: whether the fans will get up for the Hawks game or not, still seems to be unanswered, however, because of 2) it is possibly not even brought into the 49er fan consciousness

The rest of the discussion I shouldn't have been surprised at in hindsight - lots of passionate fans on both sides already getting the adrenalin up for the big game this week. S'all good!!

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
djgtek":3ffj3lnk said:
Hi, I come in peace :D . I am an season ticket holder at Levi's Stadium and have been to pretty much every game this season. I sit in the lower deck area on the home side so I can give a pretty fair assessment of the crowd. I would say that the crowd is overall 'into the game' all 4 quarters but really they don't get riled up until there is a key 3rd down OR down the stretch into the 4th quarter during critical drives. There are times during the game when the opponent has the ball on Offense and the crowd is DEAD quiet. I think part of the lack of enthusiasm has been our enemic offense and lack of TD's. I wish that i could say otherwise but unfortunately that has been the vibe thus far at the new stadium. We have only drawn maybe a handful "delay of game" or "false start" penalties all season (I think on nick foles and the eagles?). The crowd typically gets loud AFTER the offense breaks the huddle so it should have no impact on Wilson calling the plays in the huddle. I'm hoping for a competitive game and of course the homer in my predicts a 49er win by the slimmest of margins. Best of luck to you, it should be a GREAT game!

Welcome, thanks for the response!

I don't doubt the crowd will bring it against the hated rivals. Is there a sense of that in the media and community up there?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I was going to say, "hopefully the crowd at the stadium will be quiet with a lot of fans heading for the exits" but they apparently do that when they win too..

Tumblr inline nbkck8pWO81ruc899

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":kb6zsnib said:
Marvin49":kb6zsnib said:
Again... CLUB SEATS.

Peeps in the CLUBS.

Not complicated.

Not really interested in arguing there. I've been there 4 times this year. You haven't been there at all. Believe what you want, but I'll believe what I see when I'm in the stands.

I wasn't aware only certain sections of the stadium had real fans. How quaint for your team!

uh...not quite what I said.

Fans in Club Sections have access to clubs. IE they can watch the game and not be in their seat.

Only Club seat holders can do that. 9K of the 68K seats in the building are club seats. The seats right in the middle of the picture are 80K per Seat License and about $375 per ticket FROM THE TEAM....IE the aftermarket price (NFL Ticket Exchange, Stub Hub) is much higher.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":1f4m7v9o said:
Sgt. Largent":1f4m7v9o said:
Marvin49":1f4m7v9o said:
Again... CLUB SEATS.

Peeps in the CLUBS.

Not complicated.

Not really interested in arguing there. I've been there 4 times this year. You haven't been there at all. Believe what you want, but I'll believe what I see when I'm in the stands.

I wasn't aware only certain sections of the stadium had real fans. How quaint for your team!

Fans in Club Sections have access to clubs. IE they can watch the game and not be in their seat.

Only Club seat holders can do that. 9K of the 68K seats in the building are club seats. The seats right in the middle of the picture are 80K per Seat License and about $375 per ticket FROM THE TEAM....IE the aftermarket price (NFL Ticket Exchange, Stub Hub) is much higher.

Wait, I thought they were just all out in the concourse watching the last two minutes on the big screen? Now they're all in the bar taking shots and eating with two minutes left with their team in a nailbiter?

LOL. Dude, it's ALL BAD! There's not ONE answer that makes an entire section of the stadium being half empty with 1:29 left in a game! NOT ONE!

Jesus, just admit that your fanbase is lame this year. It's OK, we'd have more respect for you then coming up with all these lame ass excuses. It's like getting caught for steroids, the excuses make it worse.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1khgezye said:
Marvin49":1khgezye said:
Sgt. Largent":1khgezye said:
Marvin49":1khgezye said:
Again... CLUB SEATS.

Peeps in the CLUBS.

Not complicated.

Wait, I thought they were just all out in the concourse watching the last two minutes on the big screen? Now they're all in the bar taking shots and eating with two minutes left with their team in a nailbiter?

LOL. Dude, it's ALL BAD! There's not ONE answer that makes an entire section of the stadium being half empty with 1:29 left in a game! NOT ONE!

Jesus, just admit that your fanbase is lame this year. It's OK, we'd have more respect for you then coming up with all these lame ass excuses. It's like getting caught for steroids, the excuses make it worse.

LOL.

1) It IS lame that we don't have more noise in the building
2) Explaining WHY the seats are empty isn't excusing it. Point was only that the fans were there, just not in their seats because they dropped $$$$$ to have access to areas of the stadium most don't.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Marvin49":2cedai2u said:
Sgt. Largent":2cedai2u said:
Marvin49":2cedai2u said:
Again... CLUB SEATS.

Peeps in the CLUBS.

Not complicated.

Yeah, so does Clink. Every new stadium has the same licensing fees. We still sit in our seats, rain or shine. We have outstanding indoor restaurants, big screen TV's, wifi, etc. but we still sit in the seats and cheer for our team. You won't see 9k empty seats at our home games.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Or is it OOOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA? I forget which proctological exam noise it is Niner fans yell.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":njyg817h said:
There is a lot to do and see at the new stadium all while you can still watch the game from anyone of the huge monitors posted all over the stadium. We have never needed a loud stadium to win games therefore our fans are free to move about the stadium without fear of criticism from fellow fans for not sitting in their seats yelling there heads off. If that's your fan's thing great, to each his own.

Can confirm. I oftentimes find myself paying $300 for a ticket then wandering aimlessly around the stadium, catching glimpses of the game from concourse televisions.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":9rhfv0sf said:
lvnginhwktwn":9rhfv0sf said:
There is a lot to do and see at the new stadium all while you can still watch the game from anyone of the huge monitors posted all over the stadium. We have never needed a loud stadium to win games therefore our fans are free to move about the stadium without fear of criticism from fellow fans for not sitting in their seats yelling there heads off. If that's your fan's thing great, to each his own.

Can confirm. I oftentimes find myself paying $300 for a ticket then wandering aimlessly around the stadium, catching glimpses of the game from concourse televisions.

Ya this is the type of thing I would expect from someone like you, I would hope that your chaperon would be nice enough to show you the museum and some of the other sites rather than just leave you in front of the TV screen with your helmet on and your box of crayons.

lucky49

Reaction score
i guess while you guys are watching your team lose on thursday it will be comforting to know that there aren't a lot of diehard niner fans at the game

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":ow282zb7 said:
CodeWarrior":ow282zb7 said:
lvnginhwktwn":ow282zb7 said:

Ya this is the type of thing I would expect from someone like you, I would hope that your chaperon would be nice enough to show you the museum and some of the other sites rather than just leave you in front of the TV screen with your helmet on and your box of crayons.

Another excellent point. I regularly find myself at the museum during the late third/early fourth quarter of games. Can't believe that slipped my mind.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Lol at the backhanded patty slap from the niner implying they "dont need" crowd noise to win.

yes, NFL franchises all over the NFL are imploring their fans to sip martinis and golf clap at games because noise makes no difference for the opponent.

Guess what champ, Seattle wins on the road just as well as any other team. What were we, 6-2 last year away from the Clink?

pat pat dude. pat pat.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
From the webzone-

49erLegend

yes, unfortunately we have absolutely no home field advantage.

looks like our team hates its new stadium.

lets hope we are on the road during the playoffs.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1tfjl7p8 said:
lvnginhwktwn":1tfjl7p8 said:
CodeWarrior":1tfjl7p8 said:
lvnginhwktwn":1tfjl7p8 said:

Another excellent point. I regularly find myself at the museum during the late third/early fourth quarter of games. Can't believe that slipped my mind.

Well that's because your stadium doesn't have a museum, you really only need a broom closet to store that one trophy. Actually you could use all that room in your bandwagon now that its empty.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2xeubvk7 said:
Well that's because your stadium doesn't have a museum, you really only need a broom closet to store that one trophy. Actually you could use all that room in your bandwagon now that its empty.

We don't need a museum because all of our cool history is currently happening. Instead, you get to watch Kaepernick run around and try to learn how to be a QB.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3lftkyf9 said:
lvnginhwktwn":3lftkyf9 said:

We don't need a museum because all of our cool history is currently happening. Instead, you get to watch Kaepernick run around and try to learn how to be a QB.[/quote]

And you get to watch RW running around trying to be the next player out for concussion protocol. Right now with the way both our teams are playing there isn't a lot of room to talk.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawk fans totally baiting niner fans with the size of their fandom ( and getting a direct hit) is kinda funny and pathetic at the same time. I get where this is coming from but....the Hawks won it all last year and you "cant fix webzone". Let it go Hawk fans, let it go. Theirs a great game on the horizon, don't care which side your on, you know it's a big game and should be a great football game.

I find this much easier to say because Kam looks like Kam again and Wagner is back. Even if the niners scrape out a win they will know who came to town and drop a couple after the physical pounding.