Offensive Line

two dog

Reaction score
I know pete likes to renew, (win forever) so he will probably have more turnover than most.

Still, I will miss that edge. Breno is a bad dude, and you need a little bit of attitude sometimes.
Can't let the D-linemen across from you get to thinkin' they're tough guys.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I AM worried.

We lost the starting RT, and a good depth man in McQ. We picked up a guy that has very limited experience. In the draft we now have to focus on WR, D-Line, an now O-line.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
This thread is pretty hilarious. We just won the super bowl in a season 2 3rds of our O-line and our blocking TE sustained extended injuries and this while Rice was playing injured and landed on IR around week 8.

Think about that for a second. Without any receivers that excel in separation and our blocking demolished we still went 13-3 and won the super bowl. That's the type of stuff you hear as reasons teams had bad seasons not won the fricken super bowl.

As we sit now Kearse and Baldwin will see more playing time unless someone knew steals playing time. The O-line will at least start the season healthy as will Harvin. By the way Harvin is that guy that can get separation quickly. He also draws defenders away from the LOS and the other receiving options.

I think it is very unlikely we have another year where our 3 best lineman lose significant time and our blocking TE. Especially all at the same time. I also think we will see Wilson playing more inside the pocket and getting the ball out faster. All those things help to improve line play and offensive production.

I like Tate but losing him really is not significant. Giacomini is a much bigger loss IMO but again, if Harvin is on the field defenses won't be able to stack the box and Wilson will have quick outs in either Harvin or one of the other single covered receiving options.

Oh yeah and we still have the rest of FA, the draft, UDFA signings after the draft, other teams practice squads (where Giaco came from to begin with) and cut downs before training camp even starts and unless you have been living under a rock you shouldn't expect Schneider to come up empty handed through that process. The majority of the studs on this team came from all those places and they got so many that last year we were pretty much red shirting players because we couldn't use them.

I wouldn't panic about how things have gone so far. The real work comes in later and we have been the best in the league at working it.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
LT Okung
LG Carpenter
C Unger
RG Sweezy
RT Bowie
XT Bailey

That's not a bad looking starting offensive line. Now they just need to find depth, particularly at OT.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm still wondering what OLine players Anthony thinks the Seahawks missed out on (by overpaying) in FA. It's easy to grumble that the FO isn't doing anything in FA but the lack of specifics on who and where they missed out is troubling.

My word there are some butt sore individuals still biotin' about not re-signing Tate.

'