Ohhhh the missed call on Wagz

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
BChawkfan":fnfsyyui said:
Scorpion05":fnfsyyui said:
I honestly thought it was debatable. Wagner only used his arms after already levitating

I agree. He didn't really gain any advantage from touching the players as he was already in the air before he touched anybody. And I believe that is how the officials saw it also

The replay clearly shows both hands on linemen, 15 yrd penalty 1st down. Possible game changer. Minnesota sucked, would rather have win without zebras help.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It was a penalty.
Should have been awarded.
Seahawks won.
So I don’t care.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
There is NEVER this kind of attention when the Seahawks get screwed over. Ever.
The only reason the Packers even had a lead in the fail mary game was because of poor officiating. Nobody cared then.
Pisses me off. So much.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Flag. Personal Foul #65. Out of FG range.

Shoulda been a no call and if called be on Minnesota and a first down. drive continues.

No hubbub.

Giphy

[youtube]SDdnHFaRftE[/youtube]

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
rcaido":2sv8iwp7 said:
my thread got lock...had more to do with media against the seahawks but I guess one thread only... :roll:

So do you guys think this play will be kept replaying all season long? We still haven't recovered from fail mary and other fans think we benefit with most calls.

I'm trying to muster up a fuq to give...

Still trying..

I'll holla.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
West TX Hawk":3hwlt0w1 said:
So give Minn a 1st down and assume they score a TD. We still drove 63 yards for a TD and then the strip sack TD happened after. We still win and this is a giant moot point. The media is making it out like Wagner was drunk in a yacht off Catalina Island and assaulted someone...

/thread

JGreen79

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3ctevgnk said:
Uncle Si":3ctevgnk said:
those replays dont show him gaining height. just balance.

But thanks for coming on to try and talk us all down fella.

Yeah, as I said on the last page, if you can watch that and with a straight face say he's not pushing off two teammates to get through the gap or gain height then there's really not much to talk about.

And I'm not trying to talk anyone down.

I'm just kinda rubber knecking at the insanity of fandom at this point, and getting a kick out people trying to argue that black is white.

Again though, beyond the fun of that who cares, though? Calls get blown. The end of the game would have been more fun if they didn't blow a really easy toward the end but it goes both ways and over time these things even out.

You can clearly see in those clips he was in the air before touching anyone. I'm not seeing more than just fingertips on Reed's back, but he did get an entire hand on Stephen. He clearly touched a teammate making it a penalty.

It probably was a case of the ref that threw the flag reported it was for leaping, another ref said he was on the line of scrimmage, and then it got picked up.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
JGreen79":1jr3vekg said:
It probably was a case of the ref that threw the flag reported it was for leaping, another ref said he was on the line of scrimmage, and then it got picked up.

Ahhhh, that's a great explanation, and really the only explanation that makes any sense. Great point.

Basically the ref flagged it for the 2017 rule change (which he clearly didn't violate) and when they huddled up they were discussing that rule rather than the long-time rule that he clearly did violate, and they picked the flag up.

It's a good example of how the NFL is harder to officiate than any other sport by several orders of magnitude.

The result looks bananas bonkers on the back end, but just because officiating football is such an insanely impossible task, you can totally explain the process by how they got to where they ended up. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Whenever this rule comes up I get angry at Bruce Ariens. His whining after Kam blocked kicks vs the Cards had a part to play in that rule coming in.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1mu62y8u said:
Whenever this rule comes up I get angry at Bruce Ariens. His whining after Kam blocked kicks vs the Cards had a part to play in that rule coming in.

You're talking about the 2017 rule change for leaping.

This is the leverage rule which has been around since I can remember.

As for the leaping rule change, it was the Eagles who proposed it, not Arians or the Cardinals.

Unrelated, but also worth saying that Jeff Triplette, Gene Steratore, Mike Pereira, and Terry McAulay have all come out and said that this is absolutely a violation of the leverage rule. If they're all lying, the conspiracy runs really deep on this one. :lol:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
It was illegal, but up for interpretation. At the end of the day, it didn't get called. We could watch the films from the game and find dozens of no-calls.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I'll take it every day of the week and twice on Sunday. After the Denver game this year, the GB game last year and the countless times DE's came over the line or called Russ's cadence to get false starts I will take it with a smile.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Calling that a 15 yard penalty is akin to calling roughing the passer on a pinky that grazes the QBs helmet. Yeah, he touched him but it wasn't a penalty.

kf3339

Reaction score
It was a leverage move by Wagner. He did put his hands on his players, but not to propel himself. That being said he needs to have his hands more horizontal to accomplish the same thing.

Doesn't matter as we dominated the game. On to the Niners for a sweep! :irishdrinkers:

Seymour

Reaction score
The hands on rule was written to keep players from gaining advantage in height to get over the line. Wagner touched them, but DID NOT gain advantage because of it. Drop it and go home whiners!! :177692: :pukeface:

SeaWolv

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1cu96hll said:
cnjvh":1cu96hll said:
Just heard on the KIRO post game show it was deemed legal because he was on the line of scrimmage.

There you go. Non-issue.

But ESPN will still love to make drama where there is none. Evidently the strip sack TD never happened because Tessatorre and Van Pelt are convinced Minn lost because of this “missed call.”

Just like all the "Fail Mary" BS. That play was legit and so was this.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Uncle Si":36053clx said:
semiahmoo":36053clx said:
cnjvh":36053clx said:
Just heard on the KIRO post game show it was deemed legal because he was on the line of scrimmage.

That's some CTA by the refs if it's coming from them.

Truth is they missed it.

And we'll take it.

if he's on the line of scrimmage, is it legal?

i also dont see him getting any height from his hands on their back. balance at best.

I agree he was already up in the air so if anything he may have used his own players to pull himself forward. I'd really love to see the play in slowmo.

Here's the rule:

"Placing a hand or hands on a teammate or opponent to gain additional height to block or attempt to block an opponent's kick or apparent kick, or in an attempt to jump through a gap to block an opponent's kick or apparent kick"

He was already elevated so based on this it's a no-call.

12thbrah

Reaction score
It was 100% a missed call but that happens. If thats the headline that the media wants to run with then so be it. I like it when this team flys under the radar.

The media can have their circle jerk around teams like the Cowboys.