Ongoing RB Preseason Thread

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Collins and Lacy were meh. Carson was NB. Mike Davis perhaps my fave from last nights game.

Maybe lacy's leg isn't all the way back, or he isn't in shape yet, but he has been super middling. Not worth keeping imo.

rjdriver

Reaction score
ACFan":17bh15dt said:
I acknowledge that if something doesn't change quick, AC will be headed to the PS or another team.

I just hope you don't head to the PS or find another team. Although your posts are very subjective, I enjoy them and find them informative and very detailed. I do agree AC is on the outside looking in though.

ACFan

Reaction score
rjdriver":6so4vfi0 said:
ACFan":6so4vfi0 said:
I acknowledge that if something doesn't change quick, AC will be headed to the PS or another team.

I just hope you don't head to the PS or find another team. Although your posts are very subjective, I enjoy them and find them informative and very detailed. I do agree AC is on the outside looking in though.

Thanks RJ, Hawks are my team, with or without Collins, been that way since Zorn and company.

mikehawks

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2cggdcuo said:
Collins...is gone. Everyone sees it. Terrible fumble and just no pro level acceleration. His running style needs work and I'm not sure I see the point of even keeping him on the practice squad-Would rather see an extra receiver like Moore and Grayson on that squad earning checks.

Carson is the future for us, barring injury. He has all the tools and I couldn't care less about what round he went. His cuts, high acceleration, good receiving, strength and toughness all fit our mold.

I agree and don't mess with Texas. You just don't want to fumble in the red zone when your trying to make a pro football team. What would you expect the coach to think? Even though he fumbles in the red zone, he is a great runner?!?! Tuff break really....That's how the rookie fumbles.

That Kasen wide receiver is a keeper, he should be number two behind Dougy fresh.

Looks like the Seahawks are retooling and adding depth in the depth charts, which is good to have.

Not over confident in this year's team, but should be worth some entertainment value this year.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
ACfan, Collins will get a shot in Dallas after the Hawks cut him, so at least you will still see him in the NFL. With the Elliot suspension, they need RB depth and Jerrah loves former Razorbacks. He will get another chance to prove himself.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
All in all from what we've seen this offseason and last year, I'm unsure why we don't have AC ranked higher than Prosise as AC is always available and you sure can't say that in any fashion about Prosise. Watching AC in the game against Minnie initially caused me to think he was finished in Seattle, but my view changed as the game went along. How much have we ever seen from Prosise except for repeated unavailability? At some point the promise of his rarely seen talent is totally diminished by his constant unavailability. The team got rid of Harvin for two reasons, disruptive behaviour, and unavailability.

Having the frequently injured Rawls and Prosise as 2 of the 3 top RBs seems to me like a recipe for having to find RB depth as the season runs along. After Rawls is hurt again, as per usual, the team then only has a rookie (albeit a seemingly talented rookie), and a player who is returning from surgery and an injury last season. To me although this is harsh I'd prospectively trade Rawls while he has value for some prospective OLine talent or as part of package for an interior pass rusher even if that meant the player was only here for a very short time.

I worry about AC though b/c he takes a lot of very hard hits. However, this is something he can learn to vary if he kept his pad level lower as he runs.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Again, I don't think Rawls' or Prosise's issues are that big at the moment. They get the time off now because 1) an abundance of caution, 2) they can afford it, 3) because they're at a deep position and the coaches want to evaluate other guys. If yesterday was a playoff game, they play.

ACFan

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":tzddikq8 said:
ACfan, Collins will get a shot in Dallas after the Hawks cut him, so at least you will still see him in the NFL. With the Elliot suspension, they need RB depth and Jerrah loves former Razorbacks. He will get another chance to prove himself.

Well, they've already got McFadden, so they've got their Razorback, plus I really don't like the 'Boys

I'd prefer to see AC follow after Bobby Joe Edmonds, Ken Hamlin and others, and be a great SeaHawg!. :)

One of my music vids, You Can't Reason with a Razorback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t8qI9_Q41o

Alex Collins is in it at the 1:50 mark, McFadden at the 3:15 mark.

(apologies to any TCU fans)

ACFan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3iv226vk said:
Again, I don't think Rawls' or Prosise's issues are that big at the moment. They get the time off now because 1) an abundance of caution, 2) they can afford it, 3) because they're at a deep position and the coaches want to evaluate other guys. If yesterday was a playoff game, they play.

There has to be a point though, agree?

I get it with Rawls, he has at least proven he can be good for a 4-5 game stretch.

I don't get how Prosise has earned protected status though, and never has to show anything.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3qhenoqy said:
Pete said they had a big roll planned for Prosise but then he had a problem in warm ups. This isn't a matter of the team just wanting to see the other backs play its a matter of an always injured player.
Some guys like playing football and will do whatever they can to do so and help their team. Some guys do not love the game of football and consequently only play when they are feeling absolutely perfect ala Percy Harvin.

ACFan

Reaction score
Natethegreat":22lcmbvd said:
MontanaHawk05":22lcmbvd said:
Pete said they had a big roll planned for Prosise but then he had a problem in warm ups. This isn't a matter of the team just wanting to see the other backs play its a matter of an always injured player.
Some guys like playing football and will do whatever they can to do so and help their team. Some guys do not love the game of football and consequently only play when they are feeling absolutely perfect ala Percy Harvin.

thanks for saying that for me Nate.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3cc4924h said:
MontanaHawk05":3cc4924h said:

Oh, so we're accusing CJ Prosise of being another Percy Harvin now?

Congratulations, I do believe you and ACFan are the first to make that claim. At least I haven't heard that anywhere else. It will be interesting to see the direction this conversation now takes.

chris98251

Reaction score
They know what Prosise brings, they have two more pre season games before the real deal, they are not going to truck a guy with a tight Hammy out there to possibly lose him for 4 games. Prosise may need to find a regimen that keeps him in better shape or stretches him different, many times players that come into the league just go on what they have done forever and as you get older and gain more mass and less flexibility you need more detailed work outs and training to get better and maintain yourself.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":a4q1scbr said:
Natethegreat":a4q1scbr said:
MontanaHawk05":a4q1scbr said:

Congratulations, I do believe you and ACFan are the first to make that claim. At least I haven't heard that anywhere else. It will be interesting to see the direction this conversation now takes.
I do not think he has Harvins attitude problems as I have never heard anything of that sort here or in college that I'm aware of.
However I stand by my statement that some play because they love this game and will do whatever it is they can to be out there. Others play simply because of money, talent, applause, what have you, but do not have a real driving force to be out there and consequently are often not out there.

ACFan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":gcg1ch95 said:
Natethegreat":gcg1ch95 said:
MontanaHawk05":gcg1ch95 said:

I never compared CJ to PH.

My point is AC can do the fundamental work of a 3rd down back as well or better than CJ, he has been showing us he can. So why keep CJ when he is clearly not as durable as AC?

I was agreeing with Nate's point that they had a big plan to evaluate CJ, different than holding someone out because it's preseason.

If CJ was vertical at all, he should have been determined to get out there and join the competition. From the outside observer it appears he's had two chances to tough it out since camp opened, and failed twice.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
ACFan":8243n595 said:
MontanaHawk05":8243n595 said:
Natethegreat":8243n595 said:
MontanaHawk05":8243n595 said:

I never compared CJ to PH.

My point is AC can do the fundamental work of a 3rd down back as well or better than CJ, he has been showing us he can. So why keep CJ when he is clearly not as durable as AC?

I was agreeing with Nate's point that they had a big plan to evaluate CJ, different than holding someone out because it's preseason.

If CJ was vertical at all, he should have been determined to get out there and join the competition. From the outside observer it appears he's had two chances to tough it out since camp opened, and failed twice.

How can you say that? Actual NFL stats so far

Collins 31/123 rushing and 11/84 receiving
Prosise 30/172 rushing and 17/208 receiving

Yes Collins has availability going for him, but clearly Prosise is a whole different level of athlete. That is why they keep CJ around in spite of his injuries. If the numbers were reversed Prosise would be jettisoned in no time.

ACFan

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1q7hqym1 said:

Yes Collins has availability going for him, but clearly Prosise is a whole different level of athlete. That is why they keep CJ around in spite of his injuries. If the numbers were reversed Prosise would be jettisoned in no time.

Fair comeback, but that's a pretty small sample for both, and not hugely different in avg. , while showing mostly the short yardage work AC got earlier in the year.

If you just look at the last 4 games of the year, CJ was unavailable, and AC averaged 5 yards a carry, CJ averaged 5.7 for the 6 games he did play in.

That doesn't constitute evidence of "a whole different level of athlete" to me, especially with the small sample. Some credit is due to the athlete AC is as well, for one thing, his hands appear every bit as good as CJ's.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Can't quite agree that AC has as good hands as CJ.

The play of him falling on his ass backwards trying to catch that dump off pass for a 1st down conversion was painfully hilarious from the 1st game.

I'm not sold on Lacy in all honesty, looks slow to me in these pre season efforts so far. Keeping everything crossed we have a healthy Rawls and CJ to at least start the year.

We can't be in 3rd and 10 territory consistently this year, the line will not hold up in these obvious passing downs

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
ACFan":3eaaip57 said:
EverydayImRusselin":3eaaip57 said:

Fair comeback, but that's a pretty small sample for both, and not hugely different in avg. , while showing mostly the short yardage work AC got earlier in the year.

If you just look at the last 4 games of the year, CJ was unavailable, and AC averaged 5 yards a carry, CJ averaged 5.7 for the 6 games he did play in.

That doesn't constitute evidence of "a whole different level of athlete" to me, especially with the small sample. Some credit is due to the athlete AC is as well, for one thing, his hands appear every bit as good as CJ's.

Remember when CJ made the Patriots look silly? He took over the game, it was awesome. That is the kind of ability he has. Show me a game where AC was a real difference maker. The point is, AC is a replacement level player (made even worse by fumbles), where CJ has the ability to 'tilt the field'.

ACs hands are as good as CJs? Cmon man, this is getting silly.

ACFan

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1m216nht said:
Remember when CJ made the Patriots look silly? He took over the game, it was awesome.

great game he had, agreed.

Show me a game where AC was a real difference maker. .

The last regular season game of the year, when all the other RBs were out except Collins and Rawls. Collins averaged 8 yards a carry, Rawls averaged 1.8

Maybe not the huge "game changing" ability you are talking about, but it made a difference in a game we won by 2 points.

ACs hands are as good as CJs? Cmon man, this is getting silly.

dead serious, unless you haven't been paying attention, you sure don't have any evidence AC's hands are any worse, he's caught 8 out of 8 catchable is PS, whoever writes the camp reports cited AC's "incredible catch even for a WR" in 7 on 7's. it is by no means a "silly" assertion his hands could be equal.

The case for CJ might make more sense if he was a return whiz on special teams, or was needed/used more as a conventional WR, then it makes more sense to keep him, even if he's only available half the time, (maybe) but I wasn't aware he was used in those ways.