Percy Harvin cleared to play in Super Bowl

kidhawk

Reaction score
NFL Mobile is a little on the slow side, but yes he cleared the NFL concussion protocol yesterday and he's been a full participant in practice on both Wednesday and Thursday this week.

OP
OP
misfit

misfit

Reaction score
kidhawk":9hmmljq6 said:
NFL Mobile is a little on the slow side, but yes he cleared the NFL concussion protocol yesterday and he's been a full participant in practice on both Wednesday and Thursday this week.

I thought he was practicing, but hadn't been cleared yet. :34853_doh:

mikeak

Reaction score
misfit":rh9yyyi8 said:
kidhawk":rh9yyyi8 said:

I thought he was practicing, but hadn't been cleared yet. :34853_doh:

You know it is possible to clear but not practice....... just saying

and in regards to being cleared - there is 1 1/2 weeks of practice to fix that anomoly......

kidhawk

Reaction score
He was cleared before he practiced. The nfl is just confirming it via Harvin's presser today.

chris98251

Reaction score
He's out there, seen in on NFL Network before the miced up replay of Seahawks 49ers game.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm really surprised that there is so little chatter about this. I think it's just 'cause people are so sick of talking about him. For me, having Harvin at Full-Go is MASSIVE! And I mean, game-altering, big-time difference-making, Big-ass playmaking, faster than shit threat that could very well spell the difference between winning or losing the Super Bowl Huge! He takes our Offense from very good to FORMIDABLE. Now Denver has to actually worry about out-scoring us to take the title, 'cause we just may out-score them with Harvin loosening up everything, and then gaining yards and scoring TD's all by himself. He's that good! Do I need to post that video again? The guy is all that and more, and makes me very confident of the outcome on 2-2-2014.

In Doubt? Ok, fine. I WILL post the vid again. Now, start salivating even more over the Super Bowl!

[youtube]DxFVSLbQq-I[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
I think people are going to wait now, false hopes and lingering or new issues have made us optomistically cautious about talking about it.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Oh trust me. I still carry the baggage of a long-time Seahawks fan... That destiny is never in our cards as long as the Seattle Curse exists. I'm concerned about the officiating, #1 no doubt. But, the Seahawks are almost as big a news story as Manning is... And the NFL OWES us after that last debacle in '06... I think this is finally OUR year. I think the Vegas Odds makers are out of their minds. If I called the odds, I'd say Seahawks by 7, in my most forced non-homerish way. I'm seriously thinking about plunking down a grand with the current odds.

My tagline below my sig has held true all season... May the gods of Seattle bad luck pass us by...

Sheesh! Just let us have ONE! MMMM-KAY???

IcedHawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":29olnyxz said:
Everytime I watch this video, the song gets stuck in my head for days.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2y2ntlwo said:
I think people are going to wait now, false hopes and lingering or new issues have made us optomistically cautious about talking about it.
That's true enough, but, I have a hunch that he's going to shut out a lot of doubters that are saying he's no longer able to stay healthy for any period of time.
I think he and Wilson will get into a groove, much like he and Tate/Baldwin have been, and once Wilson hooks up on a long pass or two, the running game is going to blow wide open.

Laloosh

Reaction score
scutterhawk":31su238b said:
chris98251":31su238b said:
That's true enough, but, I have a hunch that he's going to shut out a lot of doubters that are saying he's no longer able to stay healthy for any period of time.
I think he and Wilson will get into a groove, much like he and Tate/Baldwin have been, and once Wilson hooks up on a long pass or two, the running game is going to blow wide open.

When asked about how much of the game plan was centered around him against NO, he had a hard time not cracking a smile. I think him getting hurt resulted in a pretty big change in our game plan that day.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Can you imagine him scoring the winning TD and even being the SB MVP? Can you imagine that?
Now, that would just be amazing ...
I know, there is lots of guys who could be deserving because of the season they have had.
But when I think of Percy, I think of a guy who can score, anytime he touches the ball as WR, Returner, or even lining up in the backfield.
I just have the feeling, this guy will be ready to do whatever it takes to payback his teammates who have carried the team so far.
I'm so excited about Percy, I'm so pumped up. I can't wait to see him take one, two, three or more to the house.
Go HAWKS. GO PERCY. GO HAWKS.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
BlueThunder":116dl270 said:
I'm really surprised that there is so little chatter about this. I think it's just 'cause people are so sick of talking about him. For me, having Harvin at Full-Go is MASSIVE! And I mean, game-altering, big-time difference-making, Big-ass playmaking, faster than shit threat that could very well spell the difference between winning or losing the Super Bowl Huge! He takes our Offense from very good to FORMIDABLE. Now Denver has to actually worry about out-scoring us to take the title, 'cause we just may out-score them with Harvin loosening up everything, and then gaining yards and scoring TD's all by himself. He's that good! Do I need to post that video again? The guy is all that and more, and makes me very confident of the outcome on 2-2-2014.

In Doubt? Ok, fine. I WILL post the vid again. Now, start salivating even more over the Super Bowl!

The Exhaust meter is full for me, while I'm extremely happy he's able to play in the super bowl, I don' t want to think or hear about him trying to recover anymore, I've just moved on. That being said I'm excited for him to play and it will be nice seeing him contribute to the teams first super bowl.

THAT SPEED DOH.

seadoc30

Reaction score
The team needs to put him into some trench hitting sessions with Kam so he gets hit a few times before the game. It would be disastrous if he gets injured on the first time he gets tackled.

OP
OP
misfit

misfit

Reaction score
NFL.com is also reporting that he was cleared to practice yesterday, but he is now cleared to play next Sunday. Either way, I'm so amped.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I do want to see Harvin get a TD in the SB, but the poetic capstone for our season would be for Marshawn to have a monster game say 140 plus yds and 2-3 TDs and earn the MVP, plus Sherman intercepting or tipping to Thomas or Chancellor on the Broncs final drive.

-bsd

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It would REALLY bug me if Harvin earned the MVP. I would prefer to see someone who has contributed all year.

My rank of people who I hope earn the MVP

1 - Lynch
2 - Wilson
3 - Thomas
4 - Sherman
5 - Baldwin

-bsd

Latest posts