OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":ml2hqd91 said:
Hasselbeck":ml2hqd91 said:
ImTheScientist":ml2hqd91 said:
Seymour":ml2hqd91 said:
Short choppy steps trying to decide which brick in the wall to run into...ya.

Rawls problems are very fixable. Lacy's are not, and never will be.

Interesting....because Lacy has had the far better career.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both RB's had one decent year and have done literally nothing since.

Lacy is pure garbage.

Dude has never had a season with a YPC lower than 4.1, but he's pure garbage LOL ok.

The amount of hyperbole and lack of perspective in this thread is hilarious.

Not to mention ROY, Pro Bowl, 11td season, 13td season, x2 1000 yard seasons, 4.3 ypc career avg.

Thomas Rawls has never had a 1000 yard season, he has 8 career TDs...just 8, 13 receptions is his season high.....

Bottom line for me is some fanatics on this forum fell in love with him in 2015 and can't let go so they are seeing things that just are there or true. Clearly Lacy is the better back....stats don't lie. Bummer they won't accept Lacy as their Rawls love is blinding them to the truth. Same thing happened with Flynn.....so Im sure at some point they will come around.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I'd say Lacy is the more consistent back. IMO Rawls clearly has the higher ceiling, though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2et4q8e7 said:
Hasselbeck":2et4q8e7 said:
Hell yeah can't wait for Lacy to get 6 yards on 9 carries again!.

Hopefully the combo of Brown at LT and Lacy knowing he doesn't have to rip off 12 yard carriers with only a handful of carrier cause of this terrible RBBC thing we've got going on will allow him to get into some sort of rhythm and do what he can do..........which is wear out a defense.

And if you're right and he stinks? Then we've got our answer on him and can move on.

Bottom line, we can't continue this ineffectiveness at the RB position the rest of the season. Gotta get it going, or else it'll spell doom going into the playoffs being one dimensional.

The problem is - who do we move on to? Do you honestly believe Lacy would even be in the equation right now if Carson didn't get hurt?

This isn't really a vote of confidence in Lacy, but rather, we have no other choice because Rawls is broken and Prosise misses 6 weeks when a breeze above 5 MPH hits him. The last option is Mike Davis, and while he looked good in preseason, there are reasons he's been comfy on our practice squad for awhile.

So yeah, our best option in the running game right now may very well be the same guy that lines up under center. That does not bode well for January. But hey, stranger things have happened.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3mzg72ps said:
Hasselbeck":3mzg72ps said:

Hopefully the combo of Brown at LT and Lacy knowing he doesn't have to rip off 12 yard carriers with only a handful of carrier cause of this terrible RBBC thing we've got going on will allow him to get into some sort of rhythm and do what he can do..........which is wear out a defense.

And if you're right and he stinks? Then we've got our answer on him and can move on.

Bottom line, we can't continue this ineffectiveness at the RB position the rest of the season. Gotta get it going, or else it'll spell doom going into the playoffs being one dimensional.

I agree. But it is not the RB's that are the main problem.
Here is one we cut that was playing worse then what we had here.

Yep.....that would be 6 yards per carry alright. And for a struggling Ravens team.

Attachments

• Collins.jpg
    Collins.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,054

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":192ezpdh said:
Sgt. Largent":192ezpdh said:
Hasselbeck":192ezpdh said:

I agree. But it is not the RB's that are the main problem.
Here is one we cut that was playing worse then what we had here.

Yep.....that would be 6 yards per carry alright. And for a struggling Ravens team.

For sure, I didn't mean to make it sound like it's the RB's fault...........unless we're talking about Rawls, he's a spaz and has done nothing this year but fumble, drop TD's and cost us TD's with stupid penalties.

That's why I like what Pete's doing. Let Lacy breath a little knowing he's got an entire game to prove he can be the primary back.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3g63ompd said:
Hasselbeck":3g63ompd said:
ImTheScientist":3g63ompd said:
Seymour":3g63ompd said:
Short choppy steps trying to decide which brick in the wall to run into...ya.

Rawls problems are very fixable. Lacy's are not, and never will be.

Interesting....because Lacy has had the far better career.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both RB's had one decent year and have done literally nothing since.

Lacy is pure garbage.

Dude has never had a season with a YPC lower than 4.1, but he's pure garbage LOL ok.

The amount of hyperbole and lack of perspective in this thread is hilarious.

I dunno about laclk of perspective and hyperbole, Lacy has not played well HERE and that is the point people are making.

I'm ready to chow down on a big plate of crow if he actually takes advantage of more touches here, but somehow I don't think he is a very good fit for our system.

I'm good with the reality that others may have a differing opinions about Lacy.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
IMO-Rawls has more of a mental problem rather than a physical problem resulting from his broken ankle. Rawls always appears to me to be way over-hyped up, over-excited, it's almost like he's on some kind of drugs or something. -IF- he could just settle down and not let his mind get in the way, he could return to his 2015 form and production.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
How many more Super Lacy threads is the OP going to post? This is the 3rd or 4th recently. Lacy has as much acceleration as a tired toad, the burst of an exhausted sloth and the cutting ability of Brandon Mebane.

No clue what run-1st Pete sees in him either other than pass protection.

Seymour

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":pg1t315y said:
How many more Super Lacy threads is the OP going to post? This is the 3rd or 4th recently. Lacy has as much acceleration as a tired toad, the burst of an exhausted sloth and the cutting ability of Brandon Mebane.

Clearly it's all about $$ spent as this point. That and Rawls is sabotaging himself with his own adrenalin.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1vh95vgt said:

Because as sad as it is right now, Lacy is the most complete back on the roster, and Pete trusts him.

IMO it's a simple as that, so Pete feels more comfortable giving the ball to Lacy this week over Rawls. I imagine Prosise would have been in the mix for this conversation, but he's not out of his hangnail bubble yet.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2t3fjzfn said:
West TX Hawk":2t3fjzfn said:

Because as sad as it is right now, Lacy is the most complete back on the roster, and Pete trusts him.

IMO it's a simple as that, so Pete feels more comfortable giving the ball to Lacy this week over Rawls. I imagine Prosise would have been in the mix for this conversation, but he's not out of his hangnail bubble yet.

Complete what?

It boils down to not coughing the ball up or flopping around like a fish out of water. At least Rawls has some "life" in him though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":13q1vszt said:
Sgt. Largent":13q1vszt said:
West TX Hawk":13q1vszt said:

Complete what?

It boils down to not coughing the ball up or flopping around like a fish out of water. At least Rawls has some "life" in him though.

That is all part of "complete,"...........doesn't make mistakes, doesn't miss blocking assignments, doesn't fumble, doesn't make stupid penalties, etc.

And how can you say Rawls has life in him? He's ran even worse than Lacy has. If life is running into the back of your blockers, chop blocking lineman to erase TD's, dropping TD's and fumbling on our half of the field, then I'll take no life Eddie.

They ALL stink, so this is really getting nitpicky is we're arguing over who stinks the least. I'm saying the main reason it's Lacy this week is Pete trusts him not to make mistakes.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1t57asq5 said:
That is all part of "complete,"...........doesn't make mistakes, doesn't miss blocking assignments, doesn't fumble, doesn't make stupid penalties, etc.

And how can you say Rawls has life in him? He's ran even worse than Lacy has. If life is running into the back of your blockers, chop blocking lineman to erase TD's, dropping TD's and fumbling on our half of the field, then I'll take no life Eddie.

They ALL stink, so this is really getting nitpicky is we're arguing over who stinks the least. I'm saying the main reason it's Lacy this week is Pete trusts him not to make mistakes.

Life / Energy / Desire

In fact he has too much of it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":340qcxex said:
Sgt. Largent":340qcxex said:

Life / Energy / Desire

In fact he has too much of it.

And............that's a problem when you're handing the ball to him 20 times hoping to the football gods above he doesn't screw up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They'll likely try it for a couple drives and figure out they can't run consistently. Russ with 300+ on Sunday.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I already shared most of my thinking on this matter in an earlier reply and I still stand by what I said in regards to Rawls. I can't find it in me to blame the RB's for the absence of the running game. We have had a number of very good RBs, that are proven commodities in that position, both in College and in the Pros, and every single one of them have struggled trying to run behind our offensive line as its been.

I went back through several interviews over the past few days both with Pete and with Darrell as well, and while I heard them talking about giving Lacy the lions share of the Running Back assignments, at least in the immediate future, I didn't hear either of them say that they were going to make Lacy their every down back going forward, or that they weren't going to continue to see if they could help Rawls and our other players at that position become more effective.

My guess is that, if with Duane Brown's addition to the line, and the further evolvement of offensive line forthcoming, and not forgetting either that Chris Carson, was thought to possibly be returning to play for us in early December, and with that Oline run game emerging, we would hopefully give all of our current players at RB, their opportunities to showcase their skills behind in the new run game, I think we might all be singing a different tune about who deserves to become our lead RB at the end of a few of the games.

I also think its fair to assume that Pete and Darrell will continue, as they have all along, to rotate J.D., C.J., Madden, and Chris Carson, when he is healthy enough to return, in and out of assignments that play to their strong suits. I don't personally see JD, CJ, or Madden assuming the position of every down backs, but I do see Chris, Thomas, or Lacy, stepping into the lime light, given the run game support that has been lacking, if not totally nonexistent so far this year.

I also have to concede with many of the folks who pointed out the obvious regarding Rawls, not being patient, and borrowing trouble from our opponents unnecessarily, and doing so to his own demise, repeatedly injuring himself and being sidelined again and again.

By now he must realize that he is only hurting himself, and that his chances of becoming an every down RB, by running blindly down field, need to accept that neither he, or Lacy for that matter, are Marshawn Lynch, or at least who Marshawn once was. I say "once was", because I think folks, in their fond memories of Marshawn and all that he brought to the Seahawks, have forgotten that in the last couple of seasons that he played with us, he also spent a good deal of his time, setting on the sidelines with injuries, or playing sub-par struggling with injuries, which caused his stats to diminish significantly as well.

I've often wondered if the reason Marshawn was getting injured more frequently the last two seasons he played with the Seahawks, and that his stats deteriorated like they did, weren't also related to the failure of the Oline at that time, to consistently create the openings, he needed to do his Beast Mode thing, and instead forced him to play in a manner that brought on his injuries. Similar to what Rawls has, been trying to do, to compensate for the Oline's non-existent run game support.

It could be, that all of that culminated in to some serious frustration for Marshawn, and that he never discussed it publicly, out of respect for Pete and the Seahawks team, and instead just decided to quietly retire and not make it an issue.

Thomas Rawls is a great smash mouth Running Back, and he would literally give his life out there to help this team win. All very admirable, but he needs to reel it in and play smarter. Quit going down field looking for trouble and unnecessary contact, no ones body can absorb that type of abuse, play after play, and expect to stay on the field any period of time uninjured. There is nothing that any running back can do to help our team if we don't give them the support from our Oline that they need.

If Rawls, can rethink his game strategy, trust that our Oline, with some recent changes, can produce some much needed help to his success and he can put his bull headed style aside and adopt a smarter running approach, I think that he can still put the hurt on his opponents, he feeds on it, by picking the time and place. Kind of like a smart fighter, they don't lead with their chins, if they do they'll get knocked out before they find an opportunity to overcome their opponent. Instead they pace themselves, and set their opponents up, and then when the opponents least expect it, POW, BAMM, KABANG!, they lower the BOOM!!! That strategy usually results in their opponents being knockout and not the other way around .

I think Rawls is feeling pretty threatened about the prospects of loosing his place with the Seahawks. It's clear that he loves this team and that he wants to help them win. I don't think that anyone has worked harder to get back in recent times than he has. His desperation to impress and produce results for us, I think, is influencing his decision making, and as such, he is trying to force things to happen, instead of being patient and trusting the Oline to help him do exactly that. In part his fault, and, unfortunately the Oline's fault for failing to produce the openings he keeps looking for.

It's having a reverse effect on both his and every other RBs performance and stats. I've seen glimmers of the old Thomas Rawls reappear in the past couple of games. He has come so close to being back on his game, but even with that, he needs first and most importantly to be able to trust our Oline to give him his opening, and also needs to adjust his mindset and approach on the field, that is if he wants to succeed in his assignments, and more importantly stay healthy long enough to make a difference.

The Seahawks will eventually have no choice but to let him go, if he continues to spend his career setting on the sidelines with injuries. We already have cheer leaders. Rawls might help keep the team fired up with his contagious character and smash mouth football attitude, but the team can't afford to eat up their salary cap, paying for him to play that role on the team. We hired him to be an every down running back. He needs to give us cause to believe that he can do that for us. I still have faith that he can, I have faith that Lacy can as well, with the emergence of an effective Oline running game.

If, and that is a gigantic if, the Oline can start creating these much needed creases, to open up our running game, something that all of our RB's have been desperately looking to see materialize, and Rawls can be a little smarter and patient, instead of just charging head long into the waiting arms of his opponents, and use his speed and agility to avoid all these head on collisions, he keeps looking for, we might just see some really great stuff start to happen.

On a closing note, Rawls has to get it together at this point, I just purchased one of his On Field Jerseys recently, so now I'm personally invested in his career :). That coupled with the fact that I already have too many retired and former Seahawk players jerseys in my clothes closet LMAO.

Go Seahawks and Go Lacy and Rawls, there is room for both of you to succeed !!

chris98251

Reaction score
Rawls was at his best with Lynch in his ear mentoring him, talking to him after runs on the sideline etc.

Josea16

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3hwoswhr said:

Given Wilson is the entire offense currently I'd say being good at pass blocking is pretty damned important. Look, if he stinks it up he is possibly just flat cut, at the very least Pete will likely have his answer about Lacy.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Lacy is a better at pass pro then Rawls from the clips I've seen. They both have cons in the run game. Lacy is slow and needs holes and is good at second level. Rawls misses holes and bounces around too much this year but is faster.

I'm hoping having a LT all pro will help the run gm.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Idk why this surprises anyone. Pete wants to play ball control and he finally has a line that could create some holes so which of the 2 is more apt to take advantage of that? he cares less about which of the 2 could break one for a huge gain and more about the one who could consistently get + yards. Lacy clearly has his weaknesses as a runner, he's not fast but when he is running at full speed he is a load to take down, does have good vision and will take what his line gives him better than Rawls would...when the line gives him nothing Lacys not the back who is going to turn it into something. Rawls was the better fit with the line in shambles but behind a line that could actually be decent, Lacy is the right pick. He's also safer in pass protecting situations and isn't making the mental errors Rawls is.