Pete uncertain whether Jamal will be ready week 1

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
To be honest, I don’t mind if Jamal is not ready for Week 1.

Hell, the man, got injured and was lost for the entire year last year Week 1.

Not all that important to me, I just hope he is able to play in December and January.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
This is what I'd call unsurprising news. We are still almost 2 months from TC and another month+ until the regular season. Even if he was going to be ready in mid August (which I highly doubt) it's unlikely they'd have enough factual information at this point to know that for sure. Pete's being honest and not optimistically saying "he's doing great" makes me have serious doubts he'll be ready for the start of the season. Luckily we have prepared pretty well for that scenario, and he would be a huge boon to our defense if he can get to 100% by mid season.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This is what I'd call unsurprising news. We are still almost 2 months from TC and another month+ until the regular season. Even if he was going to be ready in mid August (which I highly doubt) it's unlikely they'd have enough factual information at this point to know that for sure. Pete's being honest and not optimistically saying "he's doing great" makes me have serious doubts he'll be ready for the start of the season. Luckily we have prepared pretty well for that scenario, and he would be a huge boon to our defense if he can get to 100% by mid season.

Use him when he’s ready for however long he lasts…

pmedic920

Reaction score
It’s not surprising at all, Pete was quoted a couple weeks ago saying that we were 6-8 weeks away from even having an idea of his timeline to return.
(I say “quoted” but that wasn’t his exact wording)

Personally I’ve gotten used to the idea of him not being available, I’d love to have him but I’d also like to have the cap space he’s eating up.
I see a nightmare scenario where he gets back on field for a couple games only to suffer another injury.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I stopped expect him back week 1 a while ago so his injuries couldn't hurt me anymore.

getnasty

Reaction score
If Pete says he's not sure he'll be ready by week 1. Then he might not make it back all year.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't even think of Adams even being on the team anymore, other than soaking up almost 24M of dead cap.

I assume John and Pete feel the same way, thus signing Love and drafting a safety to develop.
I hope he can come back and play well.
He's dynamic ,just had some crazy bad luck.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Great. So, when is the most optimal time to cut him?
Any time between now and the start of the regular season. The team will still need to free up some cap space headed into the regular season, so something needs to happen with someone. What we won't know is if they try to get him to lower his salary first.

I suspect they'll go into training camp, to get the best idea of how his recovery is going.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Any time between now and the start of the regular season. The team will still need to free up some cap space headed into the regular season, so something needs to happen with someone. What we won't know is if they try to get him to lower his salary first.

I suspect they'll go into training camp, to get the best idea of how his recovery is going.
And that’s a bandaid that’s gunna hurt to rip off, but it just might be the best thing to do.

I’d sure hate to cut him only to have him seek revenge from the 9ers roster.

I guess the best case scenario would be for him to come back healthy and re-structure his contract.