Philly fans....

RedAlice

Reaction score
Just gotta say...

...I argue with alot of you on this board as I would of course expect being on the board of a division rival. Its par for the course.

I just have to say after this last week and today, Philly has the worst fans in pro sports.

Not even close.

I mean some of the conversations I've had today were with some of the most uneducated sports fans I've ever seen.

Look, Niners lost. It sucked. As Seahawks fans I'm sure you guys enjoyed every second. That all good.

The simple concept that what we saw yesterday wasn't the game it should have been is completely lost on them. The number of times I've read "we won a SB with a backup!!" as if that situation was remotely similar is astounding. "Does Purdy play defense? 31 points!!" As if the 49ers didn't turn the ball over in Eagle territory or an inept offense handing the ball back to the other team over and over and over doesn't impact the score of a game. "Even if Purdy had played, he wouldn't have scored more than 31!!" as if offense and defense are played in a vacuum and have no impact on each other.

Maybe Niners lose regardless, but its pretty clear to me what we saw yesterday was a team that didn't have a QB who could throw a forward pass and NOBODY wins a game in that situation.

I ain't looking for sympathy here (I'd get none), just sayin....WOW is the Philly fanbase bad.

and I personally think:

Eagles fans and Philly fans are the BEST IN THE WORLD.

I Love that place. those fans. all of it.

RedAlice

Reaction score
So just to be clear:

Marvin (a Niners fan) says Philly sucks

Me (a Rams fan) says Philly rocks.

hmmmmm

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
We'll just have to agree to disagree there Red.

They are some of the most insecure fans I've ever met.

Anyone who didn't wear Green and Silver for the NFCCG can see that the game was compromised. It wasn't a fair fight.

That's OK tho. Sometimes that happens. Its a part of the game. If the Niners had won similarly I'd be just as happy. Its not like the Eagles cheated or something. They did what any NFL team would have done and basically kicked a wounded dog.

...In their place, I just wouldn't continue to push the storyline that the 49ers had somehow DOMINATED the Eagles. They won the game and they deserved it. That's the way the cookie crumbles...but they INSIST on a storyline that they somehow EXPOSED the 49ers. All they did is expose the fact that no NFL team is 5 deep with serviceable QBs. Gratz.

This simple and obvious fact though so gets under their skin tho that I see SOOO many of them continue to rehash this argument when their team is in the damn SB. My team is done...I've got all day to argue it.

Its beyond me why so many of them don't walk away and bask in the joy of their success however it was attained.

Torc

Reaction score

RedAlice

Reaction score
I've heard numerous stories from visiting fans who were harassed or even attacked by drunken fans while attending Eagles games.

Eagles fans suck.

Eagles fans riot after a super bowl win, and this year didn't even wait for the super bowl.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rowdy-eagles-fans-wreak-havoc-in-downtown-philly-after-teams-big-win

Eagles fans suck.

I have personally seen the Eagles games 5 times now I think.

Including:

The Detroit Blizzard game. Fun as ****! I learned how to play some throw a knife into a tree stump game, and I was good at it. Awesome fun ******* football day.

Rams v Eagles 2013 (ISH). I went all by myself and had a seat behind the RAMS bench. Eagles fans treated me like a QUEEN. at the end of the game it came down to Nick Foles v Austin Davis. Last play of the game, the Eagles fans all stood up and were banging on the chairs in front of them.

One says: DON'T HURT OUR RAMS FAN GIRL

I love PHILLY

RedAlice

Reaction score
That was also the night I met Mark Sanchez as we apparently both like the same little dark bar in Philly.

He is kinda short. :-0

RedAlice

Reaction score
We'll just have to agree to disagree there Red.

They are some of the most insecure fans I've ever met.

Anyone who didn't wear Green and Silver for the NFCCG can see that the game was compromised. It wasn't a fair fight.

That's OK tho. Sometimes that happens. Its a part of the game. If the Niners had won similarly I'd be just as happy. Its not like the Eagles cheated or something. They did what any NFL team would have done and basically kicked a wounded dog.

...In their place, I just wouldn't continue to push the storyline that the 49ers had somehow DOMINATED the Eagles. They won the game and they deserved it. That's the way the cookie crumbles...but they INSIST on a storyline that they somehow EXPOSED the 49ers. All they did is expose the fact that no NFL team is 5 deep with serviceable QBs. Gratz.

This simple and obvious fact though so gets under their skin tho that I see SOOO many of them continue to rehash this argument when their team is in the damn SB. My team is done...I've got all day to argue it.

Its beyond me why so many of them don't walk away and bask in the joy of their success however it was attained.

I haven't looked this up, but I was told a rumor.

Any team who beats the Niners to get to the SB, wins the SB.

Was true for Rams last year. Is this a FACT?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Dee Ford is a $9 million dollar cap hit for the 49ers in 23’. For those of you that think cap space is fake and you can just reallocate money, this is proof that it is a real thing. You still have to pay up eventually

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin, welcome to the stereotypically accurate northeast personality type. It's just like the "Seattle freeze" and passive-aggressive stereotypes about people in the northwest/greater Seattle area...which are true.

Threedee

Reaction score
Marvin, welcome to the stereotypically accurate northeast personality type. It's just like the "Seattle freeze" and passive-aggressive stereotypes about people in the northwest/greater Seattle area...which are true.
I wanted the damn hockey team to be the Freeze.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, one of the 3 times I went to a game out there at Candlestick, someone got stabbed right next to the stadium. Several fights in the crowd 2 of the 3 times out there. Half empty stadium by halftime because the Hawks were way up. Yeah, they are so "faithful" and "classy"