Pick #27 Rashaad Penny RB

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah this guy runs too upright and has thin thighs must have sucked as a pro.

[youtube]fRQsu5Qju18[/youtube]

[youtube]TKluj2PHRkI[/youtube]

hawknation2018

Reaction score
chris98251":tt1o1vqx said:
Yeah this guy runs too upright and has thin thighs must have sucked as a pro.

[youtube]fRQsu5Qju18[/youtube]

[youtube]TKluj2PHRkI[/youtube]

Nah, he had some trunks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Penny may turn out better than Barkley.We won't know until they play.
I hope so because people get too wrapped up in big school players
and it's not always what the media spins it off to be.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
IndyHawk":x7gu1hm9 said:
Penny may turn out better than Barkley.We won't know until they play.
I hope so because people get too wrapped up in big school players
and it's not always what the media spins it off to be.

That's it. It's just media spin and big name program recognition. Heck the big programs even have publicity departments that hype their guys and their program. San Diego State just goes to the games and plays. Penny didn't get the nationally televised games. People just have no idea what he is at all and they are speaking from ignorance. They are not necessarily bad people. They just don't realize it and have no idea that the so called "analysts" also just watch the nationally televised games.

Penny has a big disadvantage in name familiarity and the number of people who have watched him play. They just haven't seen him and don't realize how good he is. But what I can tell you is he is very special in many different aspects. If he can stay healthy and you put a decent O Line in front of him he will do really well I believe. He's a really great player and a great dynamic athlete too. To top it off he is a clean cut kid from a good family and a hard worker too. He's a team player and it's not all about him. I think he will do really good for you guys and you will be proud.

All a lot of the people criticizing him have just never seen him play and don't realize what he really is and what he can be. When he plays some games or a lot of games as long as he is healthy I think a lot of people will be on board. You have to block too and I understand there are some issues on the O Line. But if they can put something decent together for him Penny will be a great back for you.

chris98251

Reaction score
They said the same thing about Faulk as well, competition and small school and all. If a guy has it he has it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Penny was #2 in the NCAA in total TDs. He had 24. That has been missing with the Seahawks the past couple of seasons. No consistent TDs from the backs. If he can add that, it's an definite plus. If they had a couple of more tds last season, they would have made the playoffs and probably would have hosted a game or two. That was the difference between making it and not. Hopefully, Penny can help fix that issue.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
chris98251":1lw1gz84 said:
They said the same thing about Faulk as well, competition and small school and all. If a guy has it he has it.

Yes Penny has it. Yes Marshall Faulk proves you can be a Super Star from any program. San Diego State BTW is not really a small school. It's a big school. It's just a less known program or less publicized as compared to Penn State, Ohio State, LSU, Georgia, Alabama and others for example. Some just are the prominent football programs and get the publicity. San Diego State has had pros over the years. In fact they get drafted pretty much every year and have many current pros. It's just he prominence of the other programs gave huge publicity to some of the others while Penny got none. But he is a great, great player. People just have not seen him play including on here and therefore don't understand at all what he is and repeat stuff they see on armchair "draft expert" sites. Which don't have a clue about him either.

Yes Penny has it. More of it than you think. He is very gifted.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2y7f9ij8 said:
Penny was #2 in the NCAA in total TDs. He had 24. That has been missing with the Seahawks the past couple of seasons. No consistent TDs from the backs. If he can add that, it's an definite plus. If they had a couple of more tds last season, they would have made the playoffs and probably would have hosted a game or two. That was the difference between making it and not. Hopefully, Penny can help fix that issue.

Penny pretty much lives in the endzone. It will be like his 2nd home. He will spend lots of time in there. It's what he does as a RB, a receiver out of the backfield and as a return man on special teams. He can score multiple different ways and he does.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Guice will have some good games and maybe even a good season or two, but he'll be on ice a lot. Teams said he was a drama queen, didn't like his attitude, etc, and also had some off the field issues that will come up as an embarrassment for both him and the organization that takes him. Redskins' name is an embarrassment so it likely doesn't matter to them.

Probably a domestic issue or even a purse snatcher like Rawls....

Redskins name an embarrassment. The majority of native Americans don't care one bit and will even evince pride at names like Braves, Chiefs, Redskins, Warriors, Chieftains, Indians and love Chief Wahoo. Seminoles, BlackHawks, Utes, Cowboys, Illinois? Great names all and this Lakotah tribal member loves them all. Sioux Falls, Sioux City, better change the name of Mt Rainer back to Mt Ta'hom'a.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3kqofu2i said:
Marshall Faulk proves you can be a Super Star from any program.
I'll forgive you because you're not a Seahawks fan, but former Seahawks QB Dave Krieg is from Milton College, which is so small it doesn't even exist anymore. You don't need to convince anyone around here that good players can come from anywhere. Well, maybe some of the newbies.

However, just because it can happen doesn't mean it always happens. We'll all hold our breath and see if Penny can transition to the real game where he's being chased down by superstars in their own right. Not everyone can - even players from the most prestigious schools can have trouble transitioning.

If Penny can, however, he'll be a good one.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
jeremiah":1kbwvpq3 said:
Guice will have some good games and maybe even a good season or two, but he'll be on ice a lot. Teams said he was a drama queen, didn't like his attitude, etc, and also had some off the field issues that will come up as an embarrassment for both him and the organization that takes him. Redskins' name is an embarrassment so it likely doesn't matter to them.

Redskins name an embarrassment. The majority of native Americans don't care one bit and will even evince pride at names like Braves, Chiefs, Redskins, Warriors, Chieftains, Indians and love Chief Wahoo. Seminoles, BlackHawks, Utes, Cowboys, Illinois? Great names all and this Lakotah tribal member loves them all. Sioux Falls, Sioux City, better change the name of Mt Rainer back to Mt Ta'hom'a.
I've lived on two reservations. Your assertion that most don't care about the Redskins name, specifically, is a load of BS. Your "way of life" isn't "under attack" here, Scooter.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2050s1s3 said:
jeremiah":2050s1s3 said:

I've lived on tw2o reservations. Your assertion that most don't care about the Redskins name, specifically, is a load of BS. Don't even go there. Your "way of life" isn't "under attack" here.

Couldn't the converse argument be made about the Cowboys? Just sayin...... I ain't no cowboy.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2wvskoz9 said:
vin.couve12":2wvskoz9 said:
jeremiah":2wvskoz9 said:

I've lived on tw2o reservations. Your assertion that most don't care about the Redskins name, specifically, is a load of BS. Don't even go there. Your "way of life" isn't "under attack" here.

Couldn't the converse argument be made about the Cowboys? Just sayin...... I ain't no cowboy.
No. Not int he slightest. There's a difference between a Brave and Redskin just like there's a difference between Cowboy and Masters or White Inbreeds. It's not remotely the same thing.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3quqo460 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3quqo460 said:
vin.couve12":3quqo460 said:
jeremiah":3quqo460 said:

No. Not int he slightest. There's a difference between a Brave and Redskin just like there's a difference between Cowboy and Masters or C@#$@#$@s.

Nah... not buying it. I'd be pretty offended if someone called me a cowboy in a bar. Even more so if I were called a Cowboys fan.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
And actually, a lot of dudes that think they're Cowboys aren't either. They might as well be running around in knights armor like an idiot. Like they're going to a costume party or something...

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1imdsgm3 said:
vin.couve12":1imdsgm3 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1imdsgm3 said:
vin.couve12":1imdsgm3 said:

No. Not int he slightest. There's a difference between a Brave and Redskin just like there's a difference between Cowboy and Masters or C@#$@#$@s.

Nah... not buying it. I'd be pretty offended if someone called me a cowboy in a bar. Even more so if I were called a Cowboys fan.
Ok Cowboy....

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
vin.couve12":efmouom9 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":efmouom9 said:
vin.couve12":efmouom9 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":efmouom9 said:

Ok Cowboy....

:141847_bnono:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2zpddfdg said:
vin.couve12":2zpddfdg said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2zpddfdg said:
vin.couve12":2zpddfdg said:

Ok Cowboy....

What? Mad about a profession? It's not like I said something racist to you...

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1qphr6x9 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1qphr6x9 said:
vin.couve12":1qphr6x9 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1qphr6x9 said:
Ok Cowboy....

What? Mad about a profession? It's not like I said something racist to you...

It's all about perspective. If I could, I'd kick you in the head so hard your drivers license got a black eye. Instead, I'll find solace in knowing you're another keyboard hero just trying to stir the pot. :stirthepot: meh. Annnnnd on the blocked list.