vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1ey6w8ff said:
vin.couve12":1ey6w8ff said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1ey6w8ff said:
vin.couve12":1ey6w8ff said:
Ok Cowboy....

:141847_bnono:
What? Mad about a profession? It's not like I said something racist to you...

It's all about perspective. If I could, I'd kick you in the head so hard your drivers license got a black eye. Instead, I'll find solace in knowing you're another keyboard hero just trying to stir the pot. :stirthepot: meh. Annnnnd on the blocked list.
You'd hurt yourself, Sparky. Now run along to your costume party.

For the record, I was responding to someone else. You opened your purdy mouth and didn't need to.

original poster

Reaction score
I absolutely love this selection. Seriously, I love it.

Penny is going to be a star here, just watch.

Lwrb25

Reaction score
original poster":3t0o1hgr said:

I hope so! For some reason I really like the pick (on absolutely no research just reading on here and clips), and if he starts well could be the next jersey for me. Need to replace my Sherman one at some point :(

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can't wait to see this guy play. They had a need, they took care of it. I don't give a rip if people think it's a "reach"
Word is that the Pats and Browns were likely to swoop him up at 31 or 33.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vin.couve12":uktnrj5w said:
jeremiah":uktnrj5w said:
Guice will have some good games and maybe even a good season or two, but he'll be on ice a lot. Teams said he was a drama queen, didn't like his attitude, etc, and also had some off the field issues that will come up as an embarrassment for both him and the organization that takes him. Redskins' name is an embarrassment so it likely doesn't matter to them.

Probably a domestic issue or even a purse snatcher like Rawls....

Redskins name an embarrassment. The majority of native Americans don't care one bit and will even evince pride at names like Braves, Chiefs, Redskins, Warriors, Chieftains, Indians and love Chief Wahoo. Seminoles, BlackHawks, Utes, Cowboys, Illinois? Great names all and this Lakotah tribal member loves them all. Sioux Falls, Sioux City, better change the name of Mt Rainer back to Mt Ta'hom'a.
I've lived on two reservations. Your assertion that most don't care about the Redskins name, specifically, is a load of BS. Your "way of life" isn't "under attack" here, Scooter.

So have I, and my experience is the same as jeremiah's.

Not all reservations are alike. I think that's part of it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
original poster":3jjff02u said:

Agreed. I like Sam Gold's description of a "no-nonsense runner" - doesn't dance, hits the hole, fights for yards and falls forward. That combined with durability - Penny is a creator at the RB position.

Basically, Penny is exactly the RB you want if you have an underwhelming OL. If your OL is average - well, watch out, NFL.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Personally, I probably would have picked Will Hernandez in this slot - but I don't think you can really be mad about the range they selected him, saying things like "they could have had him in the 2nd or 3rd".

The Patriots were rumored to have Penny higher on their board then Michel, and they picked Michel a few picks later.

The Hawks received a trade offer from a team directly after picking Penny, which JS says almost never happens, so at least one other team was extremely high on him.

If he was "their guy", why risk the trade back? Plus, Nick Chubb went directly after that at the top of the 2nd.

quadsas

Reaction score
I dont understand why people dont like this pick. This guy is a Pete's back, we got completely new offensive staff in the office, I think disliking this pick is quite ridiculous. We still have Carson if this guy isnt good, and with Disable gone, I think this will take the pressure of Wilson's back regardless for at least first couple games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One thing you'll quickly learn on here, there are some that flat out refuse to like ANYTHING that John and Pete do.

Seymour

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":1h9sjq1o said:
hawknation2018":1h9sjq1o said:
Northwest Seahawk":1h9sjq1o said:
SanDiego49er":1h9sjq1o said:
Thin legs? LOL. WOW. Where are they pulling this nonsense from? He is 5'11" 220 lbs. He is very strong and stocky. I've seen him play every game of his career down here in San Diego. My guess is is the "internet experts" and "analysts" and so called self described Draft experts. I've watched every game of his career. He is not skinny. He is stocky and strong and will run over you. He mostly will run around you and run by you with long speed though. He is more of breakaway home run hitter. That's the type of player he is. But he doesn't have skinny legs. LOL. Please understand this is not an attack on you personally. It's likely more of the untrue things about Penny that people find on the internet and then post on boards. I'm not even saying it is your idea. Just the idea that you saw somewhere probably. It's just the super funny and NOT TRUE nonsense coming from the internet.

Let me put your fears to rest. He is strong and stocky. He will run you over and can be physical. But he is more long speed fast with great vision, moves, cut backs and will more likely run around you or just use speed to get past you and take it to the house.

Well the thin legs thing was mentioned on seahawks.net that's just how this place rolls sometimes. I can understand why you feel that's an absurd comment but that's seahawks.net for you and no it didn't come from me. There are some really serious draft people around here though so i checked it out just to see if it was a thing and i didn't see that at his combine drills. Here's the thing Guice is a really good player and i can appreciate why some might have thought he should have been the guy. The only reason he dropped was character issues if he had no red flags there he was very likely is the second RB off the board. Now you can disagree on Guice vs Penny but the consensus was Guice was the second best RB in the draft. He apparently got in an altercation with the the Eagles FO during his interview . There were some other things out ther as well i didn't bother to read them all. I had Guice and Penny as players i was happy with if Seattle took them. Those were my first 2 choices at RB then Jones.

Penny is high cut. He's got long, slender legs and skinny thighs in comparison to the typical NFL RB. Maybe it's a good thing because it makes him as fast as a race horse. I'm just concerned about injuries, when combined with his upright running style.

Penny is NOT high cut. He DOES NOT have long slender legs or skinny thighs. I'm not sure where you are getting your misinformation from. There is so much BS about Penny on the internet it's incredible. Stop looking at those so called "expert" sites and "analyst" sites. These are the same sites that think they know something about him and thought he would be drafted much later. They have no idea what they are talking about. They don't watch San Diego State. They don't get many nationally televised games. He's 5'11" 220 lbs. He's not 6'3" 190 lbs. He has strong stocky legs. I've gone to every single game. I have season tickets. Even by the eyeball test his legs are strong and stocky and they are powerful too. He does not have this problem.

As far as upright running style they said the same thing about Eric Dickerson and Adrian Peterson. They run upright all the way to the endzone. The same thing Penny will do. He knows to lower his pad level when the contact comes and he does do that. He will run you over when the contact and tacklers come. He will strategically get lower when he has to in a pile or in a crowd. He does not run upright all the time. In the open field with speed he will run a bit more upright because he has the speed to get past you. He will get past you and not get touched or tackled sometimes and chew up as many yards as possible as fast as possible.

Just ignore the ridiculous criticism. He hated the pick and called it a reach and now he will likely spend the season trying to back that up. Nothing to see here. :roll:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":s5o7kgue said:
Just ignore the ridiculous criticism. He hated the pick and called it a reach and now he will likely spend the season trying to back that up. Nothing to see here. :roll:

Reasonable minds can disagree. Are you one of them? I hope Penny is amazing!

drcool

Reaction score
Looks like Penny will be #20. Hope he is a bit better than the last #20 for the Seahawks. And I guess for that matter better than Maurice Morris who also wore #20.

Ff 3139235alt1 full

hawknation2018

Reaction score
drcool":iv28f7ku said:
Looks like Penny will be #20. Hope he is a bit better than the last #20 for the Seahawks. And I guess for that matter better than Maurice Morris who also wore #20.

Ff 3139235alt1 full

Too bad he can't be #1. :D

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
quadsas":wm1b0o1k said:
I dont understand why people dont like this pick. This guy is a Pete's back, we got completely new offensive staff in the office, I think disliking this pick is quite ridiculous. We still have Carson if this guy isnt good, and with Disable gone, I think this will take the pressure of Wilson's back regardless for at least first couple games.

Most definitely.

The criticism is did we take Penny too soon and/or should we have picked Hernandez, who is suppose to be slam dunk starting from day one guard, and a run blocking guard at that.

We'll see, I was one of these critics when the pick went down............but I haven't spend 1,000 hours of tape watching, visits and vetting like our scouts and Pete/John did.

So I'm down with giving Penny a chance, he certainly looks the part, and I love his attitude.

Bottom line though? If you pick a 1st round RB? He better be your bell cow and deliver for a LONG time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Our group was chanting Guice-Guice-Guice. But after he fell way down in to the 2nd round, it was clear that there was a big reason he slipped. And now I'm loving this pick.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":d237by7e said:
quadsas":d237by7e said:

Most definitely.

The criticism is did we take Penny too soon and/or should we have picked Hernandez, who is suppose to be slam dunk starting from day one guard, and a run blocking guard at that.

We'll see, I was one of these critics when the pick went down............but I haven't spend 1,000 hours of tape watching, visits and vetting like our scouts and Pete/John did.

So I'm down with giving Penny a chance, he certainly looks the part, and I love his attitude.

Bottom line though? If you pick a 1st round RB? He better be your bell cow and deliver for a LONG time.

Patriots took a RB in the 1st round too, but the one they took has never been a bell cow back and has always shared the load with other guys (mainly Chubb). So does that apply to them as well or just the Seahawks? Because between the RB they took and the way they generally use RB's in NE, it's pretty doubtful that Michel is going to be the Patriots bell cow RB.

Here's a fun fact about the Patriots 1st round pick, RB Sony Michel. He broke his left forearm in an ATV accident before the 2016 season.

Edit to add: It looks like Michel has had a fair amount of injuries as well. http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo ... story.html

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
As far as the he was drafted too early crowd, was this for just Penny, or all the rb's taken about that time? Seems once Penny was taken, it started a run.

27 - Penny
31 - Michel
35 - Chubb
38 - Jones
43 - Johnson

....and Guice all the way down at 59

Kinda awesome they got to pick their favorite, their guy before the run was on. Doesn't seem early at all, seems perfect timing if you look at it like that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":323i4hcz said:
As far as the he was drafted too early crowd, was this for just Penny, or all the rb's taken about that time? Seems once Penny was taken, it started a run.

27 - Penny
31 - Michel
35 - Chubb
38 - Jones
43 - Johnson

....and Guice all the way down at 59

Kinda awesome they got to pick their favorite, their guy before the run was on. Doesn't seem early at all, seems perfect timing if you look at it like that.

The pundits were more of "too soon for Penny", not necessarily the top available RB's (on their boards).

But what the hell do a bunch of east coast talking blowhards know about a RB out of San Diego St vs the 1,000's of man hours we dedicated to vetting him as a great fit four US.

This is exactly why the good teams stay on top, they draft to their strengths and style, and not just "the best available" player according to the draft experts who are wrong 80% of the time.

Latest posts