Pick any Seahawk from the last

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wilson to Largent - two undersize magicians who's careers are defined by just making plays. If Doug were healthy I'd prob go Tez also.

Seymour

Reaction score
Rat":1vmt9lpa said:
Tez would fill a more pressing need, but how can you not want arguably the greatest LT ever protecting our best QB ever? This offense would be unstoppable.

Honorable mention to prime Galloway or Koren Robinson. Both unbelievable players at their peaks, and true difference makers when their heads weren't up their asses.

It's not that you don't "want him". It's you are trying to build the best team possible which usually starts with replacing the weakest link (or make the biggest upgrade over what you have), Brown is not the weakest link, he is one of the better ones. That is why I went with Hutch next to Brown.

And agree....Largent is a close 2 or 3.

Rat

Reaction score
Seymour":4do9qgus said:
Rat":4do9qgus said:
Tez would fill a more pressing need, but how can you not want arguably the greatest LT ever protecting our best QB ever? This offense would be unstoppable.

Honorable mention to prime Galloway or Koren Robinson. Both unbelievable players at their peaks, and true difference makers when their heads weren't up their asses.

It's not that you don't "want him". It's you are trying to build the best team possible which usually starts with replacing the weakest link. Brown is not the weakest link, he is one of the better ones. That is why I went with Hutch next to Brown.

Brown has been in the league a long time, I think he could figure out the right side pretty quickly, and likely do it much better than Ifedi.

I understand weakest link, but we're talking about a GOAT.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":28xjm1gj said:

But that's the question, right NOW for the rest of the season what Hawk would you want on this team.

So pressing need is the most important thing to consider, and no one thinks Brown > Jones..........but we've got serious problems in the defensive backfield and D-line, so we gotta go there.

Seymour

Reaction score
Rat":3lopom1u said:
Seymour":3lopom1u said:
Rat":3lopom1u said:

It's not that you don't "want him". It's you are trying to build the best team possible which usually starts with replacing the weakest link. Brown is not the weakest link, he is one of the better ones. That is why I went with Hutch next to Brown.

Brown has been in the league a long time, I think he could figure out the right side pretty quickly, and likely do it much better than Ifedi.

I understand weakest link, but we're talking about a GOAT.

Need more proof?

#3 2005 Seahawks (with Hutch) 153.6 YPG and 29 TD's
#14 2006 Seahawks (without Hutch) 120.2 YPG 8 TD's

Hutchinson next to a Brown would be FAR better than Jones next to Sweezy.

kidhawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":2iyuuez0 said:
2013 Michael Bennett

The main glaring issue on this team is the lack of pressure on the QB.

Although the premise is correct, there's no way I'd ever select Bennett over Tez. It's not even close in my book. Tez every single time.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I don't believe that they pass enough to take full advantage of a prime Jerry Rice or Steve Largent.

Prime John Randle and Cortez Kennedy are absolute game wreckers, and I think Pete Carroll would turn a peak Julian Peterson into a DMVP caliber player.

I'm going with Earl Thomas. Pass D is a weakness right now and Earl at his best is an absolute eraser who makes everyone around him better.

getnasty

Reaction score
kobebryant":2zbve1zf said:
I don't believe that they pass enough to take full advantage of a prime Jerry Rice or Steve Largent.

Prime John Randle and Cortez Kennedy are absolute game wreckers, and I think Pete Carroll would turn a peak Julian Peterson into a DMVP caliber player.

I'm going with Earl Thomas. Pass D is a weakness right now and Earl at his best is an absolute eraser who makes everyone around him better.

I said Tez earlier but Sherm and ET would be my next to choices.

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":n2v01ksz said:
2_0_6":n2v01ksz said:
2013 Michael Bennett

Although the premise is correct, there's no way I'd ever select Bennett over Tez. It's not even close in my book. Tez every single time.

The premise is not even correct IMO. Jacob Green had far better pressure and sack stats than Bennett. He also was a total team player, not a total ME player.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kobebryant":3kaha83h said:

Hard to argue with Earl in his prime, definitely a position of need this year. But I'd also need Earl's attitude in it's prime, and not grumpy I need to feed my family Earl.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Chris Clemons. The interior of the Dline is doing their job and I think if we had Chris Clemons to rush opposite our other young studs this Defense would be top 5.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2de08sb3 said:
kidhawk":2de08sb3 said:
2_0_6":2de08sb3 said:
2013 Michael Bennett

The premise is not even correct IMO. Jacob Green had far better pressure and sack stats than Bennett. He also was a total team player, not a total ME player.

by "premise", I was talking about the fact that we could use pass rush pressure, and we seem to agree on that part. As I said, although I enjoyed Bennett while he was here, and he's definitely talented, I would take Tez every single time as far as what he can do to improve pass pressure. Can you imagine if we had Clark running free due to double teams on Tez?

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":2w5ld358 said:
Seymour":2w5ld358 said:
kidhawk":2w5ld358 said:
2_0_6":2w5ld358 said:
2013 Michael Bennett

by "premise", I was talking about the fact that we could use pass rush pressure, and we seem to agree on that part. As I said, although I enjoyed Bennett while he was here, and he's definitely talented, I would take Tez every single time as far as what he can do to improve pass pressure. Can you imagine if we had Clark running free due to double teams on Tez?

No doubt that Tez eclipses the other defensive choices IMO. :2thumbs: I was more discussing the logic of "other choices". Largent is an interesting (excellent) choice too, but with Pete a huge running game contributor may be a better choice. Tough to say no to Largent on offense though.

massari

Reaction score
The best shutdown corner, Richard Sherman.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BubbaGump":5f5xizkl said:
Chris Clemons. The interior of the Dline is doing their job and I think if we had Chris Clemons to rush opposite our other young studs this Defense would be top 5.

Jacob Green had four years that were better then Chris Clemon's best year. 16 sacks > 11 sacks.

We also need to clarify something because people are throwing out names like Jerry Rice and John Randle. IMO this needs to be when a player played HERE, and not their best years somewhere else.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":7l9pejx5 said:
BubbaGump":7l9pejx5 said:

Jacob Green had four years that were better then Chris Clemon's best year. 16 sacks > 11 sacks.

We also need to clarify something because people are throwing out names like Jerry Rice and John Randle. IMO this needs to be when a player played HERE, and not their best years somewhere else.

Agree. Needs to be Seahawks that we saw play while here. No Franco Harris, no Warren Moon, no Jerry Rice....ect.

And thank you for the Jacob Green love!....few remember anymore. :|

2_0_6

Reaction score
Seymour":21x7lhyy said:
kidhawk":21x7lhyy said:
2_0_6":21x7lhyy said:
2013 Michael Bennett

zchurch74":21x7lhyy said:
If you could pick any past Seahawk player.

Geezus, I wasn't aware there was a right or wrong answer. Last time I checked, the question was asking people's opinions.

Carry on experts.

Seymour

Reaction score
2_0_6":jktzuz4e said:
Seymour":jktzuz4e said:
kidhawk":jktzuz4e said:
2_0_6":jktzuz4e said:
2013 Michael Bennett

Geezus, I wasn't aware there was a right or wrong answer. Last time I checked, the question was asking people's opinions.

Carry on experts.

Can you really not have a calm discussion about why we made our choices? Jeesus....chill out.

Latest posts