Pick any Seahawk from the last

HawkGA

Reaction score
If you want pass rush, Rufus Porter.

But I think Tez. Easley is a good choice too, but I too wonder how he would fair in today's game and how much of an impact a safety would have. I think dline is a more important position.

Steve2222

Reaction score
lol how could anyone take 2013 Bennett over 1992 Cortez. That’s silly.

Tez is the obvious choice based off need.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Looking at the impact Donald makes in games, I'll take Tez (Easly was a close second).

All things being equal at this time next year sadly my answer may be Earl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Steve2222":2tln1npd said:

Welcome to the abusive husband club, let me show you around.

Seymour

Reaction score
Steve2222":3v7se3a7 said:

My guess is they do not have enough king dogs to put Tez on this roster. :twisted:

(this is a test to see if anyone has a clue what I'm talking about)

Rat

Reaction score
All this talk about pass rushers and not one mention of the guy who led the NFL with 16.5 sacks in 1998?

Rge credit al golubzuma wirealamy live news P9F1K9

homerun1970

Reaction score
Seymour":7i5behuy said:
Steve2222":7i5behuy said:

My guess is they do not have enough king dogs to put Tez on this roster. :twisted:

Do you want Mirer as well? My vote Tez as well

Seymour

Reaction score
homerun1970":2ngfu2pn said:
Seymour":2ngfu2pn said:
Steve2222":2ngfu2pn said:

Do you want Mirer as well? My vote Tez as well

Winner winner.....king dog dinner!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...866-8f05-c98603b77866/?utm_term=.00789dbacf18

bighawk

Reaction score
Rufus Porter with his speed off the edge. Anthony Simmons at linebacker with Wagner wooow that would be awesome speed.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Rat":14lwibn7 said:
I get your viewpoint, but for me, talent trumps everything else. I think you can mask weaknesses with a supreme player at another position than fill them with a lesser one. Not that Steve Hutchinson was a nobody; he was really, really good, and probably very underrated historically, but I still think Walt was a much better LT than Hutch was a LG.
I disagree.

The bar for a left tackle is high, which is why they make the big bucks. The expectations for a guard are far lower. Walter Jones was a world-class, phenomenal left tackle, but his value-over-replacement isn't as high on the current Seahawks' roster as Steve Hutchinson, who was a world-class, phenomenal, generational-talent guard. This is particularly true since Sweezy could shift to cover Fluker's spot while Fluker is out.

Brown-Hutch-Britt-Sweezy-Ifedi would be superior to Jones-Sweezy-Britt-Simmons-Ifedi, which therefore Hutchinson makes Hutchinson a greater addition, in my opinion.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The answer is either Tez or Lynch TBH.

Peak Tez ruined offensive lines. Dude had to be double teamed every single play. And he still got 13 sacks his mvp year. From the NT position. Put Tez next to Reed and Frank Clark is facing one on ones all game. It’s a passing league and interior pressure is the best way to defeat it these days. Tez was our best ever interior rusher.

Peak Lynch in Schottys scheme would be awesome. He’d be Carson and Penny rolled into one dude. Lynch and today’s Wilson would destroy the world like they did in that stretch of 2012 when they were unstoppable for 3 games.

I get the Jones argument but OL is more about working together than one guy. I don’t get the Easley or Sherm argument since the rules have essentially castrated DBs. It’s all about QB pressure up front.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Carl Eller, Charlie Young, John Randle, Tez, Jacob Green, Easley, Rufus Porter, Michael Sinclair all in their prime, oh and all played here, Don't forget Fredd Young also.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
To fit today’s team, in no way ranking them otherwise:

1. Easley
2. Tez
3. Big Walt
4. Largent

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":oenez2lq said:
Well Carl Eller, Charlie Young, John Randle, Tez, Jacob Green, Easley, Rufus Porter, Michael Sinclair all in their prime, oh and all played here, Don't forget Fredd Young also.
I loved watching Fredd (with 2 D’s) Young. :2thumbs:

AgentDib

Reaction score
kobebryant":1pof1ivm said:
I don't believe that they pass enough to take full advantage of a prime Jerry Rice or Steve Largent.
We do like to run on manageable down and distances, but that just means that when we do pass it tends to be really important third downs or when we have disadvantageous down and distances and the difficulty is high.

Converting those plays when they happen is key for our offense. When we are not picking them up then it looks like weeks 1 and 2 where we can't run the ball because we can't afford to settle for 4 YPC instead of 7 YPA. One of the best things that could happen to this team is Doug getting healthier for the playoffs but it seems like that may not happen at all this year.

acer1240

Reaction score
Wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd love to see John L Williams in this offense. Would make for a very interesting dynamic

Latest posts