Pick any Seahawk from the last

2_0_6

Reaction score
Um, I am plenty calm but thanks for inquiring. I just think it's comical how people name Player A, yet others chime in on them and debate that they are wrong. Who cares?

Move along now, I'm sure there are other posts in various threads you need to critique.

Seymour

Reaction score
It's not about critiquing others. It's a fun discussion that should be able to include reasons we make our choice.

We get to add one former player to help as much as possible.....it's a one wish type conversation that CAN be fun if you don't take a persons opinion as some sort of threat to your way of life.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":5ngp63z0 said:
And thank you for the Jacob Green love!....few remember anymore. :|

Hell yeah, most underrated D-line of the 80's..............Green, Bryant and trick knee Nash. Combined for 34 sacks in 1984.

I actually met Jacob Green as a kid in an elevator in Anaheim in 1982. We were at the Anaheim Marriott in August going to Disneyland, and the Hawks were in town to play the Rams for a pre-season game, and Green and Dave Brown walked into our elevator.

My 5 foot nothin' mom looked up at him and said "oh my." He laughed and patted her on the head. True story.

Couple hours later Dave Brown came down and played ping pong with us, super nice guy.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Charlie Whitehurst. Can you imagine how beautiful the sideline shots would be with him holding the clipboard?

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1sh5izw7 said:
Seymour":1sh5izw7 said:
And thank you for the Jacob Green love!....few remember anymore. :|

Hell yeah, most underrated D-line of the 80's..............Green, Bryant and trick knee Nash. Combined for 34 sacks in 1984.

I actually met Jacob Green as a kid in an elevator in Anaheim in 1987. We were at the Anaheim Marriott in August going to Disneyland, and the Hawks were in town to play the Rams for a pre-season game, and Green and Dave Brown walked into our elevator.

My 5 foot nothin' mom looked up at him and said "oh my." He laughed and patted her on the head. True story.

Couple hours later Dave Brown came down and played ping pong with us, super nice guy.

Whoo!! Cool story! What a lucky kid you were. :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

Seymour

Reaction score
2_0_6":30lzy2ij said:
Threat to my life? Good god..

Peace dude.
Yes, it was a exaggerated reply to an over reaction to my response. Most people refer to this as sarcasm.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
You sure can tell the relative ages of the responders here. Both by whether they even consider the really great players from the past and by how they react to being disagreed with. :roll:

Also, anybody who says anything except Tez is wrong. :mrgreen:

Rat

Reaction score
Seymour":1nn4s8hi said:
Rat":1nn4s8hi said:
Seymour":1nn4s8hi said:
Rat":1nn4s8hi said:
Tez would fill a more pressing need, but how can you not want arguably the greatest LT ever protecting our best QB ever? This offense would be unstoppable.

Honorable mention to prime Galloway or Koren Robinson. Both unbelievable players at their peaks, and true difference makers when their heads weren't up their asses.

It's not that you don't "want him". It's you are trying to build the best team possible which usually starts with replacing the weakest link. Brown is not the weakest link, he is one of the better ones. That is why I went with Hutch next to Brown.

Brown has been in the league a long time, I think he could figure out the right side pretty quickly, and likely do it much better than Ifedi.

I understand weakest link, but we're talking about a GOAT.

Need more proof?

#3 2005 Seahawks (with Hutch) 153.6 YPG and 29 TD's
#14 2006 Seahawks (without Hutch) 120.2 YPG 8 TD's

Hutchinson next to a Brown would be FAR better than Jones next to Sweezy.

I get your viewpoint, but for me, talent trumps everything else. I think you can mask weaknesses with a supreme player at another position than fill them with a lesser one. Not that Steve Hutchinson was a nobody; he was really, really good, and probably very underrated historically, but I still think Walt was a much better LT than Hutch was a LG.

I'm not really an expert on OL schemes. Any chance Brown would still be good if he slid inside to LG? Walt-Brown could be excellent bookends too. Russ with that kind of time would be insane.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":3k5zl34t said:
Shawn Springs > Richard Sherman

See, this why we freak out on people. Seymour and I are like abusive husbands, it's not our fault when you say crazy things and we get angry.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":10dl2g2r said:
Rat":10dl2g2r said:

See, this why we freak out on people. Seymour and I are like abusive husbands, it's not our fault when you say crazy things and we get angry.

Hatted Shawn Springs, he never played a full season. Injured allot, cuz he felt he never needed to prepare.

niveky

Reaction score
I see obvious choices like Walter Jones and Cortez Kennedy. I never see anyone bring him up in situations like this or even talking about players past but when I first became a seahawks fan we had Chad Brown and as far as I remember he was a beast for us and my favorite player of that time. I know he came from the Steelers and there has been stuff I think that came out from him since he left, but I remember always being really impressed by his play when I was younger.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
We badly need need secondary help right now so without question Easley and then Sherman. Next is pass rush so sign 1 or more of Bennett, Avril, Clemons, Jacob Green.

And how exactly in this odd universe would the salary cap of long retired or even dead players be worked??

massari

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":jgj8lqur said:
We badly need need secondary help right now so without question Easley and then Sherman. Next is pass rush so sign 1 or more of Bennett, Avril, Clemons, Jacob Green.

And how exactly in this odd universe would the salary cap of long retired or even dead players be worked??
Sherman is proven in today's game and this system. Also, Shutdown Corner > Safety.

Dick Sherm is the man they need.

Rat":jgj8lqur said:
Giphy

Palmegranite

Reaction score
2_0_6":1lz12gyp said:
2013 Michael Bennett

The main glaring issue on this team is the lack of pressure on the QB.

Ditto Bennett except 2014/2015 season. Equally productive, but now he has a bicycle.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If we are talking prime:

Offense: Marshawn Lynch (just imagine that trifecta rolling teams)

Defense: Either Avril or Sherman. (Avril was tremendously underrated, his speed rush was elite as it comes, strip sack king, and he was quality in his run defense... he could defend RBs in the flat or string them out for Wright or Sherm to clean-up. Sherman only because Griffin looks out of place on the left at times. I think Griff will eventually get it but it probably be next season where his footwork starts to be more 2nd nature. Plus, I wish we could have drafted Flowers a year earlier just so he’d have Sherm in his ear)

Special Teams:

K, Steven Hauschka (pre 2016)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1lqngbhf said:
Special Teams:

K, Steven Hauschka (pre 2016)

What if time's running out in the Conference Title Game, and we need a kicker to catch a sweet pass down the middle to propel us into the SB?

[youtube]5LZb1p8JGsw[/youtube]

Didn't think of that, did you.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seabass could run that route also!! Just need to give him an extra 10 seconds and let him guzzle down a brewsky first. :2thumbs:

Latest posts