Poll: If Seahawks won XLIX…

If Seahawks won XLIX, does Russ make HOF if he retired today?

• Yes

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

morgulon1

Reaction score
There could be an argument that it’s Paton that is the major issue in Denver and why the coaching candidates are rejecting their offers.
Paton was the one stupid enough to give Mr limited a 250 milli guaranteed deal?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He’s not and shouldn’t be in my opinion. How did McMahon impact the game? He didn’t other than being a Super Bowl winning QB. Plus playing with Walter Payton and arguably the best defense of all time.

Getting in the HOF is very subjective based on what the sportswriters vote for. Warren Moon
is in the HOF and haven’t sniffed a SuperBowl. Most of
his accomplishments have been in college and the CFL. I’m not saying Moon doesn’t deserve to be in. There’s not an exact science of who gets in. What is in Russell’s favor is how the QB position changed due to his early success. His success paved the way for QBs like Lamar Jackson, Dak Prescott, and Jalen Hurts.

I don’t believe RW would get in by stats alone. It would be how his intangibles (early success) may have changed the game.
I brought it up because there are similarities..Lynch...Epic defense...who really won that super bowl?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
So apparently Dan Quinn and Sean Peyton don't agree that Russ is worth shackling themselves to. What does that say about his HOF ability?

It's as damning an indictment of the dude as anything. What coach would turn down the opportunity to play with a HOF qb and be in on the ground floor of building a dynasty over that players last 3 or 4 prime years?

Peyton, who was often brought up as THE guy who could meld with Russ and help him unlock his potential, was a hard no.

Quinn, who worked with Russ during Seattle's dynasty run, spurned the opportunity to finish his job in Dallas. Really?

And before folks say that it's now the cap issues and lost draft capital that's the reason the job isn't attractive, it the same cap situation and draft position the Donks were in when the world was hailing the acquisition of Russ as a slam dunk trade.

Truth- both of these coaches have inside knowledge and expertise that would - one would think - enable them to see the truth about who Russ IS and WAS. One SHOULD be able to easily resurrect Russ's career. The other should have a good idea of what's required to make him successful, given he's worked with him before.

Both said no.

As to his prior success, 2nd Championship or not, he was great, but had we not had Lynch and a defense that erased anemic performances by the offense under Wilson, there'd be no Championships or records for most wins. There'd be no records for comeback wins. Why? he wasnt ever able to do the things he's shown he can't do now. Basic, fundamental things. And those things are common traits of HOf qbs.
And those judging him now for what he achieved in setting all of those 'HOF' numbers, championships or not, will be forced to weigh how much of what he attained was by his own ability, and how much was a product of the coach who guided him and the team he built around him.

Unless Peyton and Quinn flat out said Russ is the reason they wouldnt coach Denver, I cant buy your BS. Also, your diminishing his accomplishments by giving credit to everybody but him. The truth is, there isnt a QB that ever lived that could have done much better than Wilson did with what he was given after 2015. Sure, give Pete all the credit for Wilson succeeding, but you have to also acknowledge the fact that he also screwed him in the same breath. Prior to leaving, Wilson finally asked for help on the Oline so he wouldnt get killed every other down. He got Gabe Jackson and a slap in the face with the Eskridge pick over Humphrys. Thats it. As usual, Pete tried to put a band-aid on a wound that required surgery (ala Adams too). Add in the piss poor game planning thats haunted the team forever and I dont blame Wilson one ounce for wanting to leave. It was never going to change.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Unless Peyton and Quinn flat out said Russ is the reason they wouldnt coach Denver, I cant buy your BS. Also, your diminishing his accomplishments by giving credit to everybody but him. The truth is, there isnt a QB that ever lived that could have done much better than Wilson did with what he was given after 2015. Sure, give Pete all the credit for Wilson succeeding, but you have to also acknowledge the fact that he also screwed him in the same breath. Prior to leaving, Wilson finally asked for help on the Oline so he wouldnt get killed every other down. He got Gabe Jackson and a slap in the face with the Eskridge pick over Humphrys. Thats it. As usual, Pete tried to put a band-aid on a wound that required surgery (ala Adams too). Add in the piss poor game planning thats haunted the team forever and I dont blame Wilson one ounce for wanting to leave. It was never going to change.
I'm glad all that happened or he might of stayed 🙏

jeremiah

Reaction score
Russell Wilson? Was he the founder of Wilson Athletics? Grandson of Herbert Roosevelt Wilson, former President?

He is no longer a Seahawk, let him destroy his legacy in peace. If he doesn't come back next year and play at 195 lbs having worked on his quicks and speed, he is toast. Like Peyton Manning losing the ability to throw anything past 20 yards because of arm strenght, Wilson without his wheels is just DUN..

CPHawk

Reaction score
We win that SB if they use Beast Mode. Wilson wanting to be the man, eventually lost that game. As did our pressure going away because Avril got hurt. In all honesty, if Avril doesn’t get hurt, we win by 10 and he should have been MVP.

Last edited:

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Considering how he threw an interception at the goal line and the entire left side was open for Lynch to basically walk into the end zone with an audible, coupled with mediocre quarterback play while being backed by one of the best all time defenses no. Geno broke his record in one season of starting. The man has aged like cheese. We played Denver and they were gullible enough to take the offer. Sad how it played out but again, some accountability on his part would’ve went a long way

keasley45

Reaction score
Geno just did more with what Russ had the year before... and Geno was pressured more this year than Russ was and also had no running game for a vast stretch of the season and NO defense.

You don't have to buy my BS. The dude's game is shot, and it's not like it just happened this year.

And I say it in every post I make about him. He was great. But this thread is asking whether he was hall of fame great.

If it was a thread asking whether Russ was an amazing player at the position, I'd say absolutley. He defied the odds in making it as far as he has with the limitations of his height and he flourished with PC scripting a gameplan around him that minimized his weaknesses.

But Jesus, dude. He just played a season without the training wheels, in an offense that he asked for and he finished not average, not top 20, not top 25...

27th, according to NFL.com

And you can blame Hackett all you want but he sure did get another job quickly... from someone who knows Russ and what went down in Seattle pretty well. And Hackett called a ton of plays that Russ just flat out crapped the bed on.

You don't go from 'HOF ability' in the first half of 2021 to bottom 5 in the league without reason. Folks here were claimg he was still the 2nd coming last year before he bent his finger, despite him missing wide open wrs and abysmal stats on 3rd down. So either something cataclysmic happened this year, or... maybe the flaws were there the entire time and he just was always able to play around them. Remove that ability to play around his issues (basic qb'ing issues), whether you attribute that to PC or RWs scrambling ability, and you have what's left. You have what you see now. A guy who needed to run because he couldn't read defenses fast enough to be successful otherwise.

Anybody doing their due diligence is now going to think twice.

And no coach is going to say that russ is the problem. They don't have to. It's unprofessional and russ is a great dude.

Best thing that could happen in Denver is that a 'conservative 'defensive minded coach takes the job because he sees the path to success in Denver is putting Russ in the same box he was in in Seattle and building the team around defense and the running game.

D Ryans maybe...

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geno just did more with what Russ had the year before... and Geno was pressured more this year than Russ was and also had no running game for a vast stretch of the season and NO defense.

You don't have to buy my BS. The dude's game is shot, and it's not like it just happened this year.

And I say it in every post I make about him. He was great. But this thread is asking whether he was hall of fame great.

If it was a thread asking whether Russ was an amazing player at the position, I'd say absolutley. He defied the odds in making it as far as he has with the limitations of his height and he flourished with PC scripting a gameplan around him that minimized his weaknesses.

But Jesus, dude. He just played a season without the training wheels, in an offense that he asked for and he finished not average, not top 20, not top 25...

27th, according to NFL.com

And you can blame Hackett all you want but he sure did get another job quickly... from someone who knows Russ and what went down in Seattle pretty well. And Hackett called a ton of plays that Russ just flat out crapped the bed on.

You don't go from 'HOF ability' in the first half of 2021 to bottom 5 in the league without reason. Folks here were claimg he was still the 2nd coming last year before he bent his finger, despite him missing wide open wrs and abysmal stats on 3rd down. So either something cataclysmic happened this year, or... maybe the flaws were there the entire time and he just was always able to play around them. Remove that ability to play around his issues (basic qb'ing issues), whether you attribute that to PC or RWs scrambling ability, and you have what's left. You have what you see now. A guy who needed to run because he couldn't read defenses fast enough to be successful otherwise.

Anybody doing their due diligence is now going to think twice.

And no coach is going to say that russ is the problem. They don't have to. It's unprofessional and russ is a great dude.

Best thing that could happen in Denver is that a 'conservative 'defensive minded coach takes the job because he sees the path to success in Denver is putting Russ in the same box he was in in Seattle and building the team around defense and the running game.

D Ryans maybe...

Geno has two new tackles that are better even though they are rookies, and he didnt get hurt. He also had an extra game to amass the numbers he had. I admit, Wilson has regressed greatly the past couple seasons, but the guy was putting up numbers before that right along the all time greats.

Its all good. Doesnt matter at this point.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I seem to remember so many posts on here making fun of his first wife and happy he married a woman worthy of him.

lol.

jeremiah

Reaction score
They should have gotten rid of Carroll about 5 years ago to be honest.
PC needs to go, if for nothing else so he doesn't die while still head coach. Face it, he is not old, he is F.old. They should have cut bait on Geno and tried Drew Lock at QB the last 3-4 weeks. Geno may be better, but why not find out what the next guy up brings? An entire year, and never letting the "other guy" play? PC did the same with RW, to the detriment of Wilsons body and future mobility, I might add.