• Fire Bevell

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Fire Both

Votes: 101 84.2%

• Total voters

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":cvgy48qv said:
Bevell was garbage in Minnesota. I'll never understand why we hired him. And he's proven that he is totally unfit to coach in the NFL.
You don’t check facts very well. He went to the NFC final with that team in 2009.

BamKam

Reaction score
This is hands down the biggest issue on the team currently. JS needs to go too. His decision making the past few years has been terrible. I'm sure though people will just continue to fling poo at the players who say something they didn't like on Twitter though.

red grenadine

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":a4dm66lb said:
HansGruber":a4dm66lb said:
Bevell was garbage in Minnesota. I'll never understand why we hired him. And he's proven that he is totally unfit to coach in the NFL.
You don’t check facts very well. He went to the NFC final with that team in 2009.

Jeff Fisher went to the Super Bowl once, ergo he is a good coach

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":10tagt7l said:
Being equally excited about a 3rd down conversion as other team's are of touchdowns is a sad commentary on the fan base. Offense s hi would be easier than this with our talent.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Hey now! That 3rd down check-down conversion was awesome!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
This should be a clear business decision. Whether you are a fan of DB and TC or not it is very clear they are not producing. Even watching teams with a worse record then us, you can tell when they change things up and try to make something work.

Have any of you had to fire someone that you liked? It is not fun but sometimes it is just the right choice.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":dqk8xpuk said:
HansGruber":dqk8xpuk said:

He was garbage. The Minnesota offense was garbage. In fact, it was exactly identical to what we have here - hot and cold, a few big-yardage games per season, and mostly GARBAGE.

I can't believe anyone would try to say Minnesota had a good offense under Bevell. Dude got Childress fired and was fired once Frazier came in and started trying to win. Clearly, you weren't watching football back then. Even with Farvre's stats in 2009, the Minny offense was predictable and failed when it counted. Even with Adrian Peterson in his prime, they couldn't win because Bevell was out there trying to be clever, and Farvre had a crap day ending with an INT on a pretty garbage playcall.

GARBAGE.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3fazehfe said:
This franchise feeds off of continuity over drastic change and has made it work. Pete favors that and his results speak for itself. They’ll both be back if they want to and that would be the correct choice.
This line of thinking is remarkably similar to "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Just keep drivin' down that same road. It worked before, so by God, it's guaranteed to keep on working. Forever.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
San Francisco and the Redskins have a higher ranked offense than the Seahawks. I would argue that the Seahawks have more talent on the offense than both those teams. A month ago, the Seahawks were ranked in the top 10 in total offense now they are at #16. They are trending the opposite direction as the season is coming to a close. Plus there are no significant injuries, except for Carson, on the offense. The choice is pretty obvious after seeing that.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/team-stats

Maulbert

Reaction score
HoldYourHawk":33f01724 said:
I still put our problems on Cable. His coaching and draft choices in the o-line have lead to a majority of the problems people complain about daily. Bad blocking, lack of development, no run push, penalty issues.

I am willing to give Bevell a year without Cable to provd himself. If things still suck, then fire him. But Cable is awful and has to go.

adeltaY

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3q3anu22 said:
San Francisco and the Redskins have a higher ranked offense than the Seahawks. I would argue that the Seahawks have more talent on the offense than both those teams. A month ago, the Seahawks were ranked in the top 10 in total offense now they are at #16. They are trending the opposite direction as the season is coming to a close. Plus there are no significant injuries, except for Carson, on the offense. The choice is pretty obvious after seeing that.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/team-stats

This is depressing. The Niners have no one good and healthy on offense except the Savior and Hyde, the former of whom has only played five games. The Skins' OL has been hurt basically the whole year and their skill players aren't good.

RussB

Reaction score
All this team needs is a good offensive coaching staff and they can win the superbowl.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RussB":9uve7w72 said:
All this team needs is a good offensive coaching staff and they can win the superbowl.

And,,,,,,,, and again,,,,,,,, If the Queen had balls she would be King.

randomation

Reaction score
I was talking with some people about this quandary first of all Cable should be gone now that he isn't make me worried that part of our offensive struggles are due to Pete. Pete wants to play a specific way and I believe that is made very well known to his coordinators even when we don't have the personnel to play that way. That Bevell wasn't fired the instant he threw Ricardo under the bus has over time lost Pete this team. The players feel like there is no always compete for the coaches and this season has probably reinforced that feeling.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Does Bev have free reign to do whatever he needs to, adjust as he sees fit, or does Pete dictate to him as the Head Couch how to attack the defense and manage the playbook?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Maulbert":2vq33wgj said:
I am willing to give Bevell a year without Cable to provd himself. If things still suck, then fire him. But Cable is awful and has to go.
Ugh. If anything, the other way around.

Our offense was still woefully ineffective half the time when we had a decent O-line AND Marshawn Lynch. (2012/2013/2014.) That's on the offensive coordinator, bro.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
BamKam":1gwec2am said:
This is hands down the biggest issue on the team currently. JS needs to go too. His decision making the past few years has been terrible. I'm sure though people will just continue to fling poo at the players who say something they didn't like on Twitter though.
The idea of firing JS is completely idiotic. Our defense has had to play "next man up" for most of the year, and where do you think all those "next men" have come from? We smothered Dallas' offense - with Dak and Zeke - as if we had our starting DL and secondary, when in fact most of both of those units have been replaced. Guys have stepped up and played their hearts out and it showed big time, and allowed us to get a win in a tough game because every point we scored came off a turnover.

Fire JS? You have to be kidding. I believe you mean "Give him Exec of the Year honours." He's been fantastic this year.

I'll repeat this little bit for the people who don't get it: When you have a team full of scrubs it's easy to draft starters. When you have a packed roster, it's not so easy. The proof is in the depth, and we have scraped the bottom of our barrel for players on the D-Line and Secondary this year, and they haven't let the team down.

Latest posts