Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Fire Bevell

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Fire Both

Votes: 101 84.2%

• Total voters

Jville

Reaction score
For me this year's offense is reminiscent of the Jack Patera / Jim Zorn era all over again. An offense dominated by a scrambling quarterback relying on improv while holding out for the next explosive play. Unscripted improve made life so much more challenging for both team mates and coaches of that era. In my eyes, an quarterback improv orchestrates a finesse offense consisting of a one man show taking on an 11 man opponent. We've seen this before. It's possible to dominate a specific game. But a season? Not so much.

Russell Wilson has become every bit as influential in defining today's offense and results as the coaching staff. If coaches are coming up short, then so too are the dominate quarterbacks such one dimensional offenses are built around. As a spectacle, today's offense and the assignment of blame by fans and media alike, retraces the early days of Patera and his offensive staff as well as Zorn and his cast of extras. Once again ..... "what goes around comes around".

It seems to me that a Cabevellson poll would be more inclusive and appropriate.

P.S. .......................... "be careful what you wish for". Déjà vu

HansGruber

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":16jfqsvv said:
The idea of firing JS is completely idiotic. Our defense has had to play "next man up" for most of the year, and where do you think all those "next men" have come from? We smothered Dallas' offense - with Dak and Zeke - as if we had our starting DL and secondary, when in fact most of both of those units have been replaced. Guys have stepped up and played their hearts out and it showed big time, and allowed us to get a win in a tough game because every point we scored came off a turnover.

Fire JS? You have to be kidding. I believe you mean "Give him Exec of the Year honours." He's been fantastic this year.

I'll repeat this little bit for the people who don't get it: When you have a team full of scrubs it's easy to draft starters. When you have a packed roster, it's not so easy. The proof is in the depth, and we have scraped the bottom of our barrel for players on the D-Line and Secondary this year, and they haven't let the team down.

Totally agree with this.

JS did an amazing job by bringing in Sheldon Richardson, Coleman, and Brown via trades / free agency. We also had a pretty excellent draft. I don't understand how anyone could say he should be fired.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Jville":t3emqxmv said:
For me this year's offense is reminiscent of the Jack Patera / Jim Zorn era all over again. An offense dominated by a scrambling quarterback relying on improv while holding out for the next explosive play. Unscripted improve made life so much more challenging for both team mates and coaches of that era. In my eyes, an quarterback improv orchestrates a finesse offense consisting of a one man show taking on an 11 man opponent. We've seen this before. It's possible to dominate a specific game. But a season? Not so much.

Russell Wilson has become every bit as influential in defining today's offense and results as the coaching staff. If coaches are coming up short, then so too are the dominate quarterbacks such one dimensional offenses are built around. As a spectacle, today's offense and the assignment of blame by fans and media alike, retraces the early days of Patera and his offensive staff as well as Zorn and his cast of extras. Once again ..... "what goes around comes around".

So, you're basically voting "other/fire Wilson" or is my reading comprehension that poor?

I don't disagree with what youre saying, but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, if you're picking up what I'm laying down here

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":kgzivtw9 said:
You're all going to be disappointed when they both get fired and Pete just replaces them with carbon copies.

This.

The grand delusion of the Bevel and Cable haters is that Pete's going to bring in vastly different coordinators scheme and playcalling wise................when the reality is this is Pete's team and Pete's offense.

Maybe it is time for a fresh start, I'm all for that. It probably is long overdue. But make no mistake, this is Pete's team, and any new coordinators will still be running Pete's power run ball control conservative offense.

So my guess is no matter who's running the offense, it's not going to look a whole lot different than it does now, because the QB and offensive personnel won't be much different.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
20th in rushing attempts in 2016. 20th in rushing attempts this year.

If you think this is Carroll's offense, then more power to you.

Jville

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2rjo98da said:
Jville":2rjo98da said:

So, you're basically voting "other/fire Wilson" or is my reading comprehension that poor?

I don't disagree with what youre saying, but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, if you're picking up what I'm laying down here

I didn't vote. My message is ..... they are all invested in each under the direction of Pete Carroll. Just as a former improv offense built around Zorn was invested in each other under the direction of Jack Patera. The choice in style at quarterback reflects the thoughts of a head man's commitment. And, that commitment in turn imparts considerable down stream influence on coachs and players. They are in it together. Carroll doesn't waste time with destructive habits of laying blame. There is no active search for a fall guy or escape goat at the VMAC. Such wasted energy is counter to the goals and mission Pete Carroll brought to Seattle.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Jville":2xc3tmk0 said:
I didn't vote. My message is ..... they are all invested in each under the direction of Pete Carroll. Just as a former improv offense built around Zorn was invested in each other under the direction of Jack Patera. The choice in style at quarterback reflects the thoughts of the head man. And, that choice in turn imparts considerable down stream influence on coaching and players. They are in it together. Carroll doesn't waste time with destructive habits of laying blame. There is no active search for a fall guy or escape goat at the VMAC. Such wasted energy is counter to the goals and mission Pete Carroll brought to Seattle.

The overarching goal is competition. Is Bevell allowing the offense to compete by actualizing the best vision of this offense? Because if he's not, then he should go. The same is true for all the players.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":u6fukc5g said:
HansGruber":u6fukc5g said:
Bevell was garbage in Minnesota. I'll never understand why we hired him. And he's proven that he is totally unfit to coach in the NFL.
You don’t check facts very well. He went to the NFC final with that team in 2009.

And a quick quote from 2009 season...

On the first play of scrimmage, Favre fired a screen pass to Peterson who caught it and went 16 yards, before being confronted by Hunter Hillenmeyer, who caused Peterson to fumble the ball, which was then recovered by Bears' linebacker Nick Roach. The Bears then won on Jay Cutler's game-winning 39-yard TD pass to wide receiver Devin Aromashodu.

Yup, bad play calling then too.

There was also reported to be internal strife and arguments between Favre and the coaching staff....

Then again, if Bevell was so great tell me why they went 6-10 in 2010?

With such a :sarcasm_on: great playcaller :sarcasm_off: how on earth would Favre have been injured? This is Wilson's destiny if Bevell isn't replaced.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1ji0dnaz said:
Jville":1ji0dnaz said:
I didn't vote. My message is ..... they are all invested in each under the direction of Pete Carroll. Just as a former improv offense built around Zorn was invested in each other under the direction of Jack Patera. The choice in style at quarterback reflects the thoughts of the head man. And, that choice in turn imparts considerable down stream influence on coaching and players. They are in it together. Carroll doesn't waste time with destructive habits of laying blame. There is no active search for a fall guy or escape goat at the VMAC. Such wasted energy is counter to the goals and mission Pete Carroll brought to Seattle.

The overarching goal is competition. Is Bevell allowing the offense to compete by actualizing the best vision of this offense? Because if he's not, then he should go.

Competition is a mechanism ...... useful for revealing, among other things, differentiation among those competing for a role.

Competition is not in and of itself a goal ..... just a mechanism ..... IMO

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2mq3uqdb said:
You're all going to be disappointed when they both get fired and Pete just replaces them with carbon copies.
I’ll take my chances with that. When you’re the worst there is only one way to go.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
A lot of head coaches are rumored to be canned after this weekend. Some could be good OC/AHC material. If that happens, maybe this could be the right time to part ways with Cabevell. Coaches like Jay Gruden, Bill O'Brien, Adam Gase, Jim Caldwell, etc are all on the hot seat. Should be interesting...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bieyjw8 said:
MontanaHawk05":3bieyjw8 said:

This.

The grand delusion of the Bevel and Cable haters is that Pete's going to bring in vastly different coordinators scheme and playcalling wise................when the reality is this is Pete's team and Pete's offense.

Maybe it is time for a fresh start, I'm all for that. It probably is long overdue. But make no mistake, this is Pete's team, and any new coordinators will still be running Pete's power run ball control conservative offense.

So my guess is no matter who's running the offense, it's not going to look a whole lot different than it does now, because the QB and offensive personnel won't be much different.

This could very well be true but sometimes I feel like Quinn went against the amalgam. Then again look how the Falcons are currently being constructed and the former Seahawk players they have signed. Hell Marquand Manual is their defensive coordinator (realize DQ and MM have know connection but there it is). PC's strategy is all over the place there with some prior remints of a previous FO.

Then Gus Bradley goes to Jaxsonville for a couple years loads the team with talent and then Doug Marrone comes in and makes lead into gold.

Just think that Pete, JS., and whomever else has exceptional talent evaluation but not sure about the variety of play calling/scheme.

Who doesn't like run game/tough defense mentality? I'm sure some don't but everyone likes winning and it just seems we are missing ingredients. To much salt, need more garlic etc. who knows?

Fade

Reaction score
OC Wishlist.

#1 Bill O'Brien - His play design w/Deshaun Watson shows he knows how to tailor an offense to his QB's skill set. Coming from the Patriots he actually takes game planning for the upcoming opponent seriously. He won't sit around for 3 qtrs before trying to figure it out.

#2 Jay Gruden - He did good things with both Dalton & Cousins. McVay was under him so he knows some things. He kicked the Seahawks ass with a banged up team in their own stadium.

#3 Gary Kubiak - Rumor has it he wants to comeback as an OC. Shanny & Kubiak designed the WCO variation 20 yrs ago
and it is still effective to this day. Perfect fit for RW's skill set. Ranked #3 due only to his health history and could retire again at any time, would be #1 otherwise.

#4 Jim Caldwell - Designs good offenses and is a no nonsense guy. I am unsure how good of a fit he would be with
RW though. I like him but I don't love him.

#5 Adam Gase - He would be a solid choice, but again the QBs he has worked with in the past I am not sure how he would fit with RW. He is better than Bevell though so there's that.

That being said I made a comment a couple years ago that the best way for Seattle to upgrade their team would be to pick up a fired HC who was a great OC to replace Bevell. So here is hoping it finally happens.

PaVloVa!8

Reaction score
PLEAAAASSEE ... he think he play at madden with his trey set four vertical ... poor russell