Poll: Will the offense slide?

Do you think the Seahawks offense will take a step back in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 85.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
NINEster":13o4csfp said:
A lot will be learned the first three weeks:

Week 1- Mario Williams/Suh
Week 2- Robert Quinn/Donald
Week 3 - DeForest Buckner/Armstead

Will it? I mean, possibly 5 players on the OL starting new positions. How much will we learn in the first three weeks? (remember 2015?)

Through eight games in 2015, Seattle was the 25th ranked scoring offense. By the end of the season they were 4th.

Line play will likely be inconsistent. What's new?

NINEster

Reaction score
Laloosh":1ofdxzpf said:
NINEster":1ofdxzpf said:
A lot will be learned the first three weeks:

Week 1- Mario Williams/Suh
Week 2- Robert Quinn/Donald
Week 3 - DeForest Buckner/Armstead

Will it? I mean, possibly 5 players on the OL starting new positions. How much will we learn in the first three weeks? (remember 2015?)

Through eight games in 2015, Seattle was the 25th ranked scoring offense. By the end of the season they were 4th.

Line play will likely be inconsistent. What's new?

I'm curious to see how teams scheme for Rawls this year.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Injuries will decide.

I'd go with no. From a national perspective, I think it'll be a 'what will we do without Lynch' factor that would bring these opinions to the fore. But I think last year we basically already played without him. Whether it was by injury, decline or just lack of games where he didn't have any real statement performances. We saw what life without him would be like and should feel reasonably assured we'll continue to do well.

Wilson is just getting better. He's continuing to grow and hasn't peaked.

But if we have to play games without Wilson we'll slide.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Without Lynch, imo, the offense is unpredictable.

Unpredictable Darrell Bell is one of the most dangerous OCs in the game.

I actually expect an improved offense, one that is able to morph in and out different sets and schemes with more ease than years prior. One that isnt built upon the notion of being bigger, stronger, More physical than the opposition but one that can explore a variety of strategies that will leave opposing defenses and their coordinators confused on how to gameplan, mismatch, cheat pre-snap, all in all how to attack the Seahawks offense.

With Lynch it was predictable, more often than not you could sell out, and battle physicality with physicality. With this approach you really could just game plan punching Seattle's run game in the throat and pressuring Wilson. Which meant teams just stacked the box and that forced a lot of error and poor execution.

Without Lynch, and know with an RBBC approach of physical, versatile RBs and Wilson's ability to spread the ball as well be a dual threat teams are going to have a much harder time trying to key in on one or two aspects that can throw the offense off balance because the Seahawks have multiple weapons and now they are in a position where they don't have to force feed the Ball to anyone. Not like they did with Lynch and Harvin. And that's why unpredictability is scary and dangerous, you can't just focus to stop any one player, you have to focus on all of them and hope you execute and matchup better at all positions because that ball will be touched by every active player.

And Wilson proved last season that he has the talent to be dangerous getting that ball around efficiently.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":378zr755 said:
Without Lynch, imo, the offense is unpredictable.

Unpredictable Darrell Bell is one of the most dangerous OCs in the game.

I actually expect an improved offense, one that is able to morph in and out different sets and schemes with more ease than years prior. One that isnt built upon the notion of being bigger, stronger, More physical than the opposition but one that can explore a variety of strategies that will leave opposing defenses and their coordinators confused on how to gameplan, mismatch, cheat pre-snap, all in all how to attack the Seahawks offense.

With Lynch it was predictable, more often than not you could sell out, and battle physicality with physicality. With this approach you really could just game plan punching Seattle's run game in the throat and pressuring Wilson. Which meant teams just stacked the box and that forced a lot of error and poor execution.

Without Lynch, and know with an RBBC approach of physical, versatile RBs and Wilson's ability to spread the ball as well be a dual threat teams are going to have a much harder time trying to key in on one or two aspects that can throw the offense off balance because the Seahawks have multiple weapons and now they are in a position where they don't have to force feed the Ball to anyone. Not like they did with Lynch and Harvin. And that's why unpredictability is scary and dangerous, you can't just focus to stop any one player, you have to focus on all of them and hope you execute and matchup better at all positions because that ball will be touched by every active player.

And Wilson proved last season that he has the talent to be dangerous getting that ball around efficiently.

It's post's like these I wish I hadn't already had a few beers before I read this.

I love the way you described this and it hits on so many things I think about but also creates some questions like how much did our opponents stack the box comparatively to other teams?

I love the flow of your post. It is enticing and thought provoking. I have more thoughts on it both positive and negative that I want to pose but alas my ability to follow through on anything elaborate right this minute is hindered so I digress.

Great post Pan, I never skip anything you write specifically for nuggets like this.

Now to spell check and to see if I actually wrote something that doesn't require a Chinese mathematical scientist to translate for my point to get across. Uhm Duh, it's not rocket surgery.

Sealake80

Reaction score
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This could be a GREAT year on offense. It's weird to think that after losing #24 we won't definitely be taking a step back. But I got a great feeling about this year. I'm all smiles.