QB 2024 draft

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Right, that's the reason he's one of the best QB's in the country :rolleyes:
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. Penix is a beast. Period.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I think you're all fantasizing, BIG TIME.

Fact is John and Pete will NEVER Draft a first round QB. They will take a guy who falls in the draft mid rounds, and sign a free agent. It's just not in their DNA to even chance a high round QB, BANK ON THAT. Just not gonna happen until the ownership/management is completely different folks.

0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance we EVER draft a high round QB under john and Pete. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Penix and all his goodness.. has had a great OL and pro caliber wr's to play against some awful defenses.

Those WRs were not putting up the numbers they are until Penix arrived.

The OL is not that great, either. They're better at run blocking than pass blocking.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And McMillan hasn't played much at all this season. He's one of the best WR's in the country. O Line WAS really good until a couple injuries popped up. Luckily, he gets rid of the ball quickly. Something that will help in the NFL.

Penix > Nix

hawkfan68

Reaction score

Fact is John and Pete will NEVER Draft a first round QB. They will take a guy who falls in the draft mid rounds, and sign a free agent. It's just not in their DNA to even chance a high round QB, BANK ON THAT. Just not gonna happen until the ownership/management is completely different folks.

0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance we EVER draft a high round QB under john and Pete. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!
While he hasn’t done that here with the Seahawks, John was part of the GB front office who drafted Aaron Rodgers in the first round.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score

We also said this leading up to the past draft that we're never drafting a cornerback in the first round due to their track record. Anything can happen. If they believe in a quarterback I think they'd go get him. Especially now that it's the biggest long term hole on the roster (apart from maybe the heir apparent to Bobby Wagner) but they're not going to force the issue either. Bad things happen when you force the issue.

Last edited:

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I'll make a month long avatar switch bet with anyone on this.

The Seahawks DO NOT take first round QBs in the draft. 2nd or 3rd maybe, but we WILL NEVER, under John and Pete, take a 1st round QB.

I think if they do take a 2nd or 3rd round QB it will be a high value guy who narrowly misses the first round, or they will simply sign free agent QBs and ignore the position in the draft. People don't change, and neither do coaches or GMs much. We just don't currently have that kind of front office. If it plays out and a guy falls to them that can be at least as good as Me3 was, they'll look like geniuses, but they WILL NOT draft any 1st round QBs, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Those WRs were not putting up the numbers they are until Penix arrived.

The OL is not that great, either. They're better at run blocking than pass blocking.
perhaps.. who was the QB before Penix.. and the OL is a lot better than the defenses we've been playing.. Not saying Penix isn't any good, just that he has a lot of weapons to help.

Bobblehead

Reaction score

The Seahawks DO NOT take first round QBs in the draft. 2nd or 3rd maybe, but we WILL NEVER, under John and Pete, take a 1st round QB.

I think if they do take a 2nd or 3rd round QB it will be a high value guy who narrowly misses the first round, or they will simply sign free agent QBs and ignore the position in the draft. People don't change, and neither do coaches or GMs much. We just don't currently have that kind of front office. If it plays out and a guy falls to them that can be at least as good as Me3 was, they'll look like geniuses, but they WILL NOT draft any 1st round QBs, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...
I think they wanted a QB in this last draft, didn't fall that way, but, I think they wanted Richardson.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Doesn't change my cynicism a bit. I'll believe it only when I see it, and I doubt very strongly I will.
I wasn't attempting to change your point of view. Just pointing out a fact (if one does research) that John Schneider was a part of the Packer front office which drafted Aaron Rodgers - A QB drafted in the first round.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If Williams is so amazing, why is his team losing so much? Is he someone whose stock might fall?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
So, about Bo Nix. Would WA people ever forgive the front office for drafting a Quarterback from the Oregon Ducks in the first few rounds?
He isn't better than Penix, so I'd be mad if they took him over Penix. Other than that, I don't care.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Good evaluation of the QB draft class. It’s 3 weeks old, so things have changed. Penix stock has fallen after some poor performances. He’s struggled against blitzes and pressure up the middle. His sidearm release has led to batted balls at the line. Nix has played well the last 3 weeks.

Penix is the front runner for The Heisman. Enough said.

NoGain

Reaction score

I don't buy this. John Schneider has loved QB's in the past that they would have drafted if they fell to them, or if they could have traded up for (Josh Allen, for instance). I remember people also saying that the Hawks would never pick a CB in the first round either.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I don't buy this. John Schneider has loved QB's in the past that they would have drafted if they fell to them, or if they could have traded up for (Josh Allen, for instance). I remember people also saying that the Hawks would never pick a CB in the first round either.
You also get the fifth year option for first round picks.