QB 2024 draft

Rosco

Reaction score
Are you referring to players with current ACL injuries? Or players that had an ACL surgery and have already recovered?

Two different things.

If a player had an ACL reconstruction a few years ago, why, and they were under the age of 21, and have fully recovered, why would an NFL team pay for current rehab??
The point being, he’s injury prone.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The point being, he’s injury prone.
He was injury prone before UW but back then he was a big dual threat
Now he's a pocket wiz just picking teams apart.
I'm not sure how his game trends into the NFL,I do see him doing better
than the skinny and real short Carolina QB easily or Kyler ha ha.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If UO safety even played the ball with average skill, none of you would be talking up Penix. That was a terrible decision to throw that second to last pass. In the nfl that an INt all day long. He’s a very good college qb, but when he gets hit, I question his durability in the nfl. Also when he has to hold the ball 4 seconds, his completion percentage goes down to 41%. He does great with the first read.

TwilightError

Reaction score
So, about Bo Nix. Would WA people ever forgive the front office for drafting a Quarterback from the Oregon Ducks in the first few rounds?

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
So, about Bo Nix. Would WA people ever forgive the front office for drafting a Quarterback from the Oregon Ducks in the first few rounds?
Sure if he lives up to Max Unger's elite level of play. In all seriousness I do try to give every player that becomes a Seahawk a fair chance. Good players are good players regardless if they're a Duck or Coug. I remember I could also openly like Chip Kelly for a time when he went to the Eagles. It was fun to watch them go under Nick Foles that year he threw twenty seven touchdowns to only two interceptions. Of course then Chip fell on his face with his treatment of players.

Last edited:

vonstout

Reaction score
Good evaluation of the QB draft class. It’s 3 weeks old, so things have changed. Penix stock has fallen after some poor performances. He’s struggled against blitzes and pressure up the middle. His sidearm release has led to batted balls at the line. Nix has played well the last 3 weeks.

Last edited:

12forlife

Reaction score
JJ McCarthy Mich I believe could run our Offense to its max, I believe we would have to trade up for him
Jordan Travis FSU Is intriguing, not sure he has enough arm strength? But he is awesome playing off script.
Jayden Daniels LSU he is interesting has a huge arm, needs to work on accuracy and when he runs he needs to protect himself better.
All 3 of these guys I believe could take this Offense to another level

CPHawk

Reaction score
It’s going to be funny to see the meltdown, when Nix is the pick. He is basically Pete ball to a tee.

Complete a bunch of of quick passes, with 4-5 long throws sprinkled in there? Check. Don’t throw dumb INT? Check. Run when needed? Check. Know the offense inside and out? Check

WarHawks

Reaction score
It’s going to be funny to see the meltdown, when Nix is the pick. He is basically Pete ball to a tee.

Complete a bunch of of quick passes, with 4-5 long throws sprinkled in there? Check. Don’t throw dumb INT? Check. Run when needed? Check. Know the offense inside and out? Check
I've thought the same thing, and he's likely to be available when we pick late in the first.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Penix plays in an NFL offense at UW. Nix plays in a more college-ball, Tim Tebow style offense at Oregon.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Penix plays in an NFL offense at UW. Nix plays in a more college-ball, Tim Tebow style offense at Oregon.
Did you forget /sarcasm?

UW’s offense is a half field, one read, paint by the numbers system.

Penix is an interesting prospect given the arm talent and success, however, no denying the system drives his numbers and he doesn’t look unstoppable vs a solid defense.

Heisman hype aside, I’m seeing a R2-3 prospect at best. A combination of age, injury history, and frankly odd release mechanics push the risk factor outside R1.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Did you forget /sarcasm?

UW’s offense is a half field, one read, paint by the numbers system.

Penix is an interesting prospect given the arm talent and success, however, no denying the system drives his numbers and he doesn’t look unstoppable vs a solid defense.

Heisman hype aside, I’m seeing a R2-3 prospect at best. A combination of age, injury history, and frankly odd release mechanics push the risk factor outside R1.

I'll admit, I'm no expert. Definitely not an NFL scout.

Here is what I have observed:

•Numerous analysts, commentators, etc. have all referred to Washington's offense as an "NFL offense". Maybe they're all wrong. I don't know.

•I don't see Penix staring down his first read all the time. I see him scanning the field. I see him looking off defenders. If he's throwing to his first read a lot, it's probably open.

•I see Penix throwing the ball with great accuracy. 69.4% is pretty damn good, IMO, especially considering how far the ball is traveling in the air on his throws vs dink-n-dunks.

•I see Penix throwing the ball with a quick release. Even on long throws. Very little wind up. The ball comes out quickly.

•I see Penix avoiding sacks, abillity to roll out of the pocket and deliver accurate balls on the run. Watch the 3rd and 18 play he did against USC, for example.

This is what Penix does in most games. He has had a few bad games, yes. Those are concerning. Seems to have slightly more batted balls than most college QBs. However, part of it is him trying to get the ball out and avoid taking a sack, which is a good thing.

You say he doesn't look unstoppable vs a good defense? Yes, there have been defenses that have had success against him. What about Oregon, though? Everyone keeps saying they have the best defense in the conference. "An SEC defense". What did Penix do? 4 touchdowns, 1 int (that wasn't his fault), 300+ yards, and 60% completion percentage.

Honestly, I hope you're right. I hope the "system" is what drives his numbers. I hope that Washington will be putting up these kinds of offensive numbers for the next 20 years of Deboer's tenure. Just plug in any "good, but not great" QB into the system, and voila, explosive offense. I really do hope you're right.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If it was just based on UW system with Deboer then they could have plugged Dylan Morris and Huskies would still be rolling. Dylan was the incumbent in the system prior to Deboer taking over as the coach. Husky fans know that is not case at all. Penix is the real deal. It is most likely a mixture of Penix and Deboer system. Either way it’s working for me and as a fan I’m enjoying the ride. I’m hoping that Penix becomes a Seahawk but lot has to happen and as he’s rising the chances of that become slimmer. I don’t want a QB that downgraded to a program so he could be the best player on the team. A la Jake Haener route. Penix actually upgraded from where he was at and is still thriving.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If the Seahawks draft Bo Nix, in one of the better QB drafts in years, yes people will not forgive them. Not because of the Duck thing. But because they would have drafted a guy that doesn't have good accuracy long range, doesn't produce in key moments/falls apart under pressure, and tends to dink and dunk with a ridiculously talented roster.

Several QBs will become stars from this draft, Nix won't, and people will constantly compare him to the successful QBs from this draft. It won't be good.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Saw a few analysts compare Bo Nix to Derek Carr.

Penix to a bigger/stronger Tua or Stroud.

Williams- unique/generational QB.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Oregon fans can't just handle the fact that Penix is better than Bo. And Bo is damn good.
I think Bo is going to be added to the list of duck failures at QB in the NFL. Fouts and Herbert are it for NFL success out of that place.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Penix and all his goodness.. has had a great OL and pro caliber wr's to play against some awful defenses.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Saw a few analysts compare Bo Nix to Derek Carr.

Penix to a bigger/stronger Tua or Stroud.

Williams- unique/generational QB.
I have thought of the Penix/Tua comparison which I agree with both being left handed and similar mechanics. If Penix succeeds in the NFL he will need quality coaching not just average