QB 2024 draft

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
2024 might be the last good draft for lineman that we will see in a while.
QB's are too much of a gamble.
I'm thinking NT or DE.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If they pick another defensive player late in the first, when our most important position is currently trending towards being a borderline dumpster fire, then I give up.

12forlife

Reaction score
I'll make a month long avatar switch bet with anyone on this.

The Seahawks DO NOT take first round QBs in the draft. 2nd or 3rd maybe, but we WILL NEVER, under John and Pete, take a 1st round QB.

I think if they do take a 2nd or 3rd round QB it will be a high value guy who narrowly misses the first round, or they will simply sign free agent QBs and ignore the position in the draft. People don't change, and neither do coaches or GMs much. We just don't currently have that kind of front office. If it plays out and a guy falls to them that can be at least as good as Me3 was, they'll look like geniuses, but they WILL NOT draft any 1st round QBs, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...
I understand this is all our own opinions, but what makes you so dead set that we won't take a 1st rd QB, for 8 years we had RW, sooooo why would we draft a QB in the 1st rd? Our team was weak, so they took our draft capital and built a contender, with help of FA & trade. Now we are a contender, so if their guy is in this draft I could totally see then taking a qb in the 1st. Did you really think they would take a CB in the first??

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Some say It’s the most important position in sports (QB) you have to roll the dice.
Good comment, Lennie.

Part of me wonders if this management/coaching team will ever draft a quarterback in the first round?
We haven't seem them do it yet.

Lennie

Reaction score
Good comment, Lennie.

Part of me wonders if this management/coaching team will ever draft a quarterback in the first round?
We haven't seem them do it yet.
We hit the lottery drafting RW in the 3 round. I don’t want our front office to think they can do that again.
If Geno regresses, I would hope Schneider would see the great young core we have and spend assets to get our QBOTF.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Me as well, I just don't see the Hawk's pulling the trigger on a 1st round quarterback though.

I watched the Oregon vs USC game this morning, and really liked what I saw of Bo Nix.

Caleb Williams played a good game as well, but he was seem crying in the stands a week ago, and that is not a good picture of a Heisman candidate that is supposed to be a leader with toughness. Yet, the talent is there.

I still believe the team will go either defensive line or offensive line first in the next draft, but I am really mixed on this one.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't mind players crying in certain situations, but in Caleb's case, I dont know what his issue was. He ran to the stands and literally buried his head in his mother's chest and seemed to be crying pretty hard. If he was crying just because he lost the game, that's a red flag in my opinion. Especially since he ran to his mommy. You got to be tough to play in the NFL.

Penix cried a bit after the Oregon game because it was such an emotional win for him. But it was just emotional tears as opposed to running to his mommy and ugly crying into her chest.

In fairness, though, Caleb may not have been crying, because his mom did cover his head. It may have just been breastfeeding.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Williams last few games has raised a few questions in my opinion. Mainly over mentality. The losses I wouldn't say are on him. USC's defence is so so bad. I still think he goes first overall though but he may not be a generational great.

For the Seahawks, i'd be happy with either Nix or Penix if they fell to us. I doubt Maye would. I've loved watching Penix this year but Nix feels like a Pete QB. Does exactly what his coach tells him to do.

Ultimately it's all to do with coaching with these guys. The wrong coach could finish their careers early.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Ouch. Travis just got what looks like a serious injury. Might really hurt his draft stock.

Latest posts