Geno or Lock?

• Geno

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Lock

Votes: 88 67.7%

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
Lock offers more flexibility but Geno makes decisions quicker…that is a tough call for Pete.
Watch closely and you’ll see Geno guesses way more than he is actually “going through reads”. That’s my biggest concern with Geno.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Dude he led a 92 yard game winning drive and capped it with a fantastic throw. Just enjoy it for a little bit
I'm confused. Are we talking about a QB controversy or just 'enjoy(ing) it for a little bit?'

Because I didn't start this thread.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
What are we starting Lock for? If you're picking Lock so he can "develop", ok, I disagree with that approach, but I understand it.

If you're picking Lock because you think Geno is more hurt than they are letting on, ok.

If you're picking Lock because of a very middling performance against one of the worst pass defenses in the league and think this is an indication he is actually the better QB, I have no idea what the heck you are thinking.

Geno's last game, against Dallas, was an order of magnitude better than what we just saw from Drew and yet somehow there is "QB controversy"?

What is with the weird anti-Geno obsession with some of our fanbase?
Just my take on it ...... seems most people know neither guy is the answer. Why not take the younger and cheaper option and draft somebody ? The Smith / Lock duo isn't going to get it done

GemCity

Reaction score
Lock gives me the feeling that there’s a chance. He doesn’t seem to take as many sacks (O-line WAS healthier). I’m not sure stat wise…

He does seem to have better chemistry with DK. He got JSN going…and that is supposed to happen.

I don’t see the benefits of rolling with Geno when a lot of folks are calling for us to draft a QB (doesn’t mean PC and JS are).

Geno doesn’t have QBOTF written on him. Lock…just may.

Lock has a stronger arm. He looks more ‘dynamic’.

With that said, the first half of last year version of Geno is not easily replaced. Where’s that dude though?

Gotta be honest…I hate Lock’s haircut.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
There is no qb controversy. Geno never made a 92 yd game winning td drive with 2 minutes to go. Let Geno walk, draft a qb and let him compete with Lock and see what happens.
Geno vs Lions - 75 Yard Game Winning TD Drive
Geno vs Bengals - 51 yard 1 minute drive, turnover on downs.
Geno vs Browns - 57 yard game winning TD Drive
Geno vs Commanders - 75 yard go-ahead TD Drive, followed by 50 yard game winning FG drive
Geno vs Rams - 40 yard go-ahead FG drive, FG missed.
Geno vs Dallas - 2 drops kill drive.

Drew Lock has has 3TDs and 2 INTs in his two games starting, with a third of his yards thrown coming on the last drive of the second game where he was bailed out masterfully by DK.

Outside of the absolutely beautiful ball to Njigba to win the game, that was a horrid drive for him as far as accuracy. He's got a big arm and that was an emotional post game.

There's no controversy except in the minds of "what have you done for me lately" crowd

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm sticking with Geno at least for this year. If he's healthy, the ball is his imo. I'd take Geno over Lock in an equal head-to-head.

I'd try to prioritize acquiring a stud rookie over either Geno or Lock.

But Lock's making this a genuine conversation (for 2024!) Hard to argue with the cost savings if we're going to strike out on a rookie. If the convo is Lock at 5-8m vs Geno at 30m, then yeah, we are rolling with Drew and that'd probably be my choice too.

I still think Geno is the better quarterback overall, but not enough to stick with him once that cap hit comes in next year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Well... whats that? the Train wreck that IS denver? or all the coaching changes and everything else that DID NOT help lock at all there? Here, he's has the most stability he's ever had in his whole career.
If the team elevates him more than the other way around, he's not what we need.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Geno vs Lions - 75 Yard Game Winning TD Drive
Geno vs Bengals - 51 yard 1 minute drive, turnover on downs.
Geno vs Browns - 57 yard game winning TD Drive
Geno vs Commanders - 75 yard go-ahead TD Drive, followed by 50 yard game winning FG drive
Geno vs Rams - 40 yard go-ahead FG drive, FG missed.
Geno vs Dallas - 2 drops kill drive.

Drew Lock has has 3TDs and 2 INTs in his two games starting, with a third of his yards thrown coming on the last drive of the second game where he was bailed out masterfully by DK.

Outside of the absolutely beautiful ball to Njigba to win the game, that was a horrid drive for him as far as accuracy. He's got a big arm and that was an emotional post game.

There's no controversy except in the minds of "what have you done for me lately" crowd
Yeah, I can't see how there'd be a real "controversy" here. If Lock was out here playing like Jake Browning, perhaps.

I'm just going to enjoy the W for what it was and block out the noise. This place is going to be in a RARE frenzy of emotive takes after breaking the longest streak of Ls in 15 years (lol, first 4 loss stretch in 15 years and we're not spoiled)

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I don't care about next year. I don't care about the playoffs. Tomorrow is never guaranteed for any of us. We may not make it to next year. I care about the next game and want to see a quality product now. Geno may be the better overall qb, but the energy I saw from this team today, the way they rallied behind Lock, you would be a fool to ignore that.

Last edited:

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Geno had the ball at the end to win it against Dallas and he took a predictable sack. Drew made the plays that he needed to make and the rest of the team rallied around him to make it easier for him. Im not saying whether hes better than Geno or not but he did what he needed to to get the win and save Petes ass. Pete needs to reward him with another start to see how he continues. Also, until Geno is 100% healthy, I dont want him to even think about startingm

Lock gives me the feeling that there’s a chance. He doesn’t seem to take as many sacks (O-line WAS healthier). I’m not sure stat wise…

He does seem to have better chemistry with DK. He got JSN going…and that is supposed to happen.

I don’t see the benefits of rolling with Geno when a lot of folks are calling for us to draft a QB (doesn’t mean PC and JS are).

Geno doesn’t have QBOTF written on him. Lock…just may.

Lock has a stronger arm. He looks more ‘dynamic’.

With that said, the first half of last year version of Geno is not easily replaced. Where’s that dude though?

Gotta be honest…I hate Lock’s haircut.
Geno is averaging 2.2 sacks a game, which is slightly below the league average of 2.6 (despite the Seahawks giving up pressure the 3rd most of any team in the league). Small sample size caveat (obviously), but Lock is averaging 3 as of now.

And I'm not sure what the numbers look like tonight, but last week Drew Lock was pressured a good 10% less than what our OL has been giving up this season and still got sacked 4 times. If that pressure rate looks similar tonight, he'll be taking more sacks on less pressures than Geno.

I'm not sure I agree about the DK chemistry, either. Lock seemed to throw a lot of bad balls DK's way, just like Geno. Difference was DK caught the big ones tonight. DK is not getting nearly the love he should be for that drive while everybody hops on the Lock-train.

Geno isn't the QBOTF. I'm not sure I want him gone next season but honestly this team has holes that $30 million can help fix. It really depends on where Pete/JS see this team next year. If we are still trying to WIN, then Geno's the guy.

If we're rebuilding, keep Lock (if you can) for cheap but the idea that a rookie is going to 'grow' under a guy who still needs to 'grow' himself makes no sense. You keep Lock for cheap continuity.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
How? Are you saying we need to start soneone else at safety the rest of the year?
It's not a 1 for 1, but we should lean toward aggregate performance when evaluating quarterbacks.

We're emotional right now after a sexy W, but I don't see how this was a "leave no doubt" type of performance. It was nice, but this was a clear team win. K9 had his best game of the year and the defense showed up big against a hard offense to slow, especially since they have an automatic unstoppable short yardage play to convert with.

I see a lot of grit on the team. I like that Lock showed up when it counted. But I don't see how we can consider this a situation where the ball *cannot* go back to Geno considering he diced a better defense in Dallas for one of the best games a quarterback has had league wide in the NFL before he went out. Unfortunately, the defense did not do us the same favors that time around.

This conflates team success with quarterback success.

Lock did great. I'd take him at his salary over Geno at Geno's 2024 salary. But the job wasn't seized just yet.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Geno had the ball at the end to win it against Dallas and he took a predictable sack. Drew made the plays that he needed to make and the rest of the team rallied around him to make it easier for him. Im not saying whether hes better than Geno or not but he did what he needed to to get the win and save Petes ass. Pete needs to reward him with another start to see how he continues. Also, until Geno is 100% healthy, I dont want him to even think about startingm
This has to be one of the more objectionable takes posted about that Dallas game. He was under pressure on over half of his dropbacks and still put up 4 TDs while getting the ball out markedly under the league average time.

He absolutely dealt against Dallas and got boned by a playcall that was *designed to leave Micah Parsons unblocked* with zero outlet should Dallas get held up out of the backfield.

I will say again, I will take Lock in 2024 for his cheaper salary over Geno in 2024 with a larger cap hit. But this is just a naked misattribution of fault for what actually happened in Dallas.

We are conflating team success with quarterback success once again.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
If Lock doesn't play the rest of the season and Geno lays an egg in any of the remaining games...

Geno will be hated for removing us from playoff contention and Drew will be loved for this one game.

Everyone will be saying: If Lock played ......