Rams and 49ers drafting habits

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kearly":2oq91014 said:
TeamoftheCentury":2oq91014 said:
Timmahawk":2oq91014 said:
Stacy is a loser and Mason is "Just A Guy"
I disagree. At least on Mason. He's a good back. Speed kills. And, he knows how to use it. Tougher than you might think, too. Nothing against Gurley, but he hasn't done anything yet in the NFL. Everyone is crowning him. I'm not ready to do that.

Mason is the kind of back that tends to give Seattle a little trouble. A slasher. But in terms of his overall talent, I think he's a dead average starter at most.
A RB that gives the #1 Defense in the league "a little trouble" is dead average? :hmmmm: I'm not sure what the kid has to measure up to here. The Rams don't have a decent line, correct? And he still manages to give the Seahawks trouble? Come on now. :laugh:

RedAlice

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3h9q67tc said:
kearly":3h9q67tc said:
TeamoftheCentury":3h9q67tc said:
Timmahawk":3h9q67tc said:
Stacy is a loser and Mason is "Just A Guy"
I disagree. At least on Mason. He's a good back. Speed kills. And, he knows how to use it. Tougher than you might think, too. Nothing against Gurley, but he hasn't done anything yet in the NFL. Everyone is crowning him. I'm not ready to do that.

Mason is the kind of back that tends to give Seattle a little trouble. A slasher. But in terms of his overall talent, I think he's a dead average starter at most.
A RB that gives the #1 Defense in the league "a little trouble" is dead average? :hmmmm: I'm not sure what the kid has to measure up to here. The Rams don't have a decent line, correct? And he still manages to give the Seahawks trouble? Come on now. :laugh:

Exactly.

Mason is the back for now. And he was fine last year. Only thing this pick did was improve on what already is.

And, btw. All we are working on sweeties is a split.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ekm91x59 said:
Sean Mannion.

Giggle.

Start in small sliver. You can work your way up. You prolly will own the large one when my nephews look at it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RedAlice":1ripjfj8 said:
chris98251":1ripjfj8 said:
file.php

Yes good point Alice, but out of the 13 how many were from the Los Angeles Rams?

Must there be the constant divide? A Rams player is a Rams player.

There must be accuracy though. We've drafted 3 HOF players.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawks46":20ljsr5k said:
RedAlice":20ljsr5k said:
chris98251":20ljsr5k said:
file.php

Yes good point Alice, but out of the 13 how many were from the Los Angeles Rams?

Must there be the constant divide? A Rams player is a Rams player.

There must be accuracy though. We've drafted 3 HOF players.

The Seahawks didn't draft Largent.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":5wo9bpfw said:

If you look at the RBs who have success against Seattle, it's not a who's who list. Zac Stacy, Mike James, James Starks, Reggie Bush, Michael Turner (coming off a horrendous season).

Really the only two big name RBs to run on Seattle are AP and career year Demarco Murray. Mostly it's been mediocre backs who catch Seattle on a day when their LBs forget how to tackle or fill gaps correctly.

I guess I should probably also point out that Mason's career YPC against Seattle is only 3.9.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kearly":3mirbgph said:
I guess I should probably also point out that Mason's career YPC against Seattle is only 3.9.

TBF though 3.9 YPC really is actually a GOOD number against a defense that averaged giving up 3.4 YPC across the year.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1m2le0dz said:
kearly":1m2le0dz said:

TBF though 3.9 YPC really is actually a GOOD number against a defense that averaged giving up 3.4 YPC across the year.

It's well documented that Pacific Time Zone teams play much worse defensively in the first half of 10am road games. In Mason's case, his 4.7 YPC outing happened in a 10am start, and 70% of his yards came in the first half.

When he visited Seattle later in the year, he averaged only 2.5 YPC.

Unfortunately, Seattle seemingly always goes to St. Louis at 10am unless it's primetime, including this year. But other than the 10am advantage, he's been a totally average back against Seattle so far.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":26u0e9xv said:
Popeyejones":26u0e9xv said:
kearly":26u0e9xv said:

It's well documented that Pacific Time Zone teams play much worse defensively in the first half of 10am road games. In Mason's case, his 4.7 YPC outing happened in a 10am start, and 70% of his yards came in the first half.

When he visited Seattle later in the year, he averaged only 2.5 YPC.

Unfortunately, Seattle seemingly always goes to St. Louis at 10am unless it's primetime, including this year. But other than the 10am advantage, he's been a totally average back against Seattle so far.

Hey, there is an easy way to solve this "statistic information." If the Rams move to LA, then you can feel free to stop our Running Backs at will with no statistics for why you did or did not. :D :D

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
RedAlice":uatj8wi3 said:
Hey, there is an easy way to solve this "statistic information." If the Rams move to LA, then you can feel free to stop our Running Backs at will with no statistics for why you did or did not. :D :D

hahaha.

I personally have nothing against St. Louis and I feel sorry for the shitty situation they are in. That said, I really want to see the Rams back in LA. Not only because of the 10am thing, but because it would be cool to see the Seahawks playing games in Los Angeles.

Though if memory serves, I think the Seahawks had a really tough time beating the Rams when they were in LA. Which is weird because the LA Rams were quite beatable for everyone else.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":4qm4xf9j said:
RedAlice":4qm4xf9j said:

hahaha.

I personally have nothing against St. Louis and I feel sorry for the shitty situation they are in. That said, I really want to see the Rams back in LA. Not only because of the 10am thing, but because it would be cool to see the Seahawks playing games in Los Angeles.

Though if memory serves, I think the Seahawks had a really tough time beating the Rams when they were in LA. Which is weird because the LA Rams were quite beatable for everyone else.
And it would eliminate one early start per year. And be an awesome road game destination.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kearly":fd9s5miq said:
Popeyejones":fd9s5miq said:
kearly":fd9s5miq said:

It's well documented that Pacific Time Zone teams play much worse defensively in the first half of 10am road games.

:lol:

I'm reminded of the old idiom among statisticians that "if you torture the data enough, it will confess to anything."

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":yh6frbkb said:
RedAlice":yh6frbkb said:

hahaha.

Yeah....I kinda think they belong in LA. I know they didn't start there and they've been in St. Louis for 20 years now, but they spent 48 years in LA.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ I just like it geographically, tbh.

It would leave the Chiefs as the only "West" team that definitively isn't in a western state.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2la8uvav said:
I'm reminded of the old idiom among statisticians that "if you torture the data enough, it will confess to anything."

Like say, insights.

It's just as true for the 49ers as Seattle. Remember when the 49ers spotted the Falcons 17 points in the NFCCG? Then after an initial fugue, they woke up and dominated? The Seahawks spotted the Falcons 20 the week before, then woke up and dominated (only to blow it in the final seconds). IIRC, both were early starts.

The reverse is true as well. West Coast teams dominate in night games. Seattle is the best team of ALL TIME by winning percentage on MNF. The 49ers are second best all time. The Raiders are 5th.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":22echjnv said:
Popeyejones":22echjnv said:

Like say, insights.

It's just as true for the 49ers as Seattle. Remember when the 49ers spotted the Falcons 17 points in the NFCCG? Then after an initial fugue, they woke up and dominated? The Seahawks spotted the Falcons 20 the week before, then woke up and dominated (only to blow it in the final seconds). IIRC, both were early starts.

The reverse is true as well. West Coast teams dominate in night games. Seattle is the best team of ALL TIME by winning percentage on MNF. The 49ers are second best all time. The Raiders are 5th.

While I agree with your actual point at hand.. that West Coast teams struggle in 1 ET road kickoffs .. that NFC Championship game kicked off at Noon PT, just like this years NFCCG against Green Bay.

I mean who knows, maybe even the Noon kickoff messes with players body clocks.. however for a championship game.. I'd be more inclined to believe that a team could come out too juiced up for that, as opposed to being flat at the start.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jeff Fisher will put Gurley in too soon once they get a few games below .500. He grinds his running backs in to a pulp then sheds them like old skin. Tre will be beat up by mid-season and Todd will suffer the effects of jumping from College ranks to the Pros with little to no training camp and zero exposure to NFL defenses.

I predict a .500 season with 2016 being a "make or break" year for Fisher, only to be fired toward the end of the season and replaced by some relatively unknown assistant coach.

Without a player of Warren Moon's or Steve McNair's caliber, Jeff Fisher will be an average head coach.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ivotuk":2lmmt2yh said:
Jeff Fisher will put Gurley in too soon once they get a few games below .500. He grinds his running backs in to a pulp then sheds them like old skin. Tre will be beat up by mid-season and Todd will suffer the effects of jumping from College ranks to the Pros with little to no training camp and zero exposure to NFL defenses.

I predict a .500 season with 2016 being a "make or break" year for Fisher, only to be fired toward the end of the season and replaced by some relatively unknown assistant coach.

Without a player of Warren Moon's or Steve McNair's caliber, Jeff Fisher will be an average head coach.

I disagree on this.

Fisher is already on record saying Our New Boy will not be rushed back. I think he holds him out as long as possible for 2015. No need actually.

Fisher will not see a hot seat until 2017, the second year the Rams are in LA. He needs to win in 2016. Hence, Gurley.

G will play end of year next year. He will not be abused, he will just play enough to learn and be ready.

ETA: Don't forget that one of the reasons Fisher was hired is he knows how to move a team. He has no hot seat until 2017.

RAMbot

Reaction score
getnasty":2xb248me said:
He'll be Steven Jackson 2.0, great career and nothing to show for it. Plus I could have averaged 6.0ypc behind his oline in college. Like others have said the Rams draft high profile guys year after year and have nothing to show for it. At the end of the day Jeff Fischer is not a good coach, and the Rams will draft in the top 10 again next year.

You could of ran behind a line that not one OL prospect from Georgia got drafted into the NFL this year? Your that good huh? :sarcasm_off:
If you don't believe me here it is.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2444 ... nd-results

Your also telling me Pete Carroll is a way better coach than Jeff Fisher?
Pete Carroll career win % is .576, Jeff Fisher is that horrible a coach?.524
I will give you the playoffs where Carroll is 8-5 and Fisher is 5-6.
Facts are Friends not food!

Enjoy your days in the sun because they get fewer everyday now with having had to pay Marshawn and having to pay Mr. Wilson and Robinson wanting a raise your not going to be able to afford all those fancy pieces you've had in recent years.