lucky49

Reaction score
not really on topic but i am 99% sure blue shoe is not really a colts fan

BlueShoe

Reaction score
lucky49":1j4j7ba2 said:

Then you will find yourself 100% wrong.

I have seen every Colts game (live) in the history of the Indianapolis Colts; over 30 years.

What would make you think I am not a Colts fan?

chris98251

Reaction score
BlueShoe":3tke9a02 said:
lucky49":3tke9a02 said:

I have seen every Colts game (live) in the history of the Indianapolis Colts; over 30 years.

No Neck Beard :)

BlueShoe

Reaction score
chris98251":kjzoy6cn said:
BlueShoe":kjzoy6cn said:
lucky49":kjzoy6cn said:

:D

Yeah. We have to get Luck a raise so he can afford a razor.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":17idzalq said:
BlueShoe":17idzalq said:
lucky49":17idzalq said:

Haha.

Blue - I think the Niner fan has never heard anyone other than a Rams' fan say a positive word about Fisher on this board. So, he became confused.

Or, he cannot imagine himself saying something positive about any of the other NFC W coaches, and so therefore he assumed a Colts' fan wouldn't say anything positive about his division rival coaches.

Or, Chris is right.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
RedAlice":72wsughn said:
chris98251":72wsughn said:
BlueShoe":72wsughn said:
lucky49":72wsughn said:

Haha.

Blue - I think the Niner fan has never heard anyone other than a Rams' fan say a positive word about Fisher on this board. So, he became confused.

Or, he cannot imagine himself saying something positive about any of the other NFC W coaches, and so therefore he assumed a Colts' fan wouldn't say anything positive about his division rival coaches.

Or, Chris is right.

I am happy how it worked out for us. Chuck Pagano is an awesome person, and a good coach. He is still finding his way and building our team in his vision. I am just being honest. I really wanted us to hire Jeff Fisher to be the next head coach of the Colts. He went to the Rams and we hired Pagano. I think it worked out well for both teams.

Jeff Fisher might not get the respect he deserves because he is coaching in the toughest division in football. If the Rams were in the NFC South then I believe they would have won 10+ games and easily won the division.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I think BlueShoe is one of my new favorite posters. :179417:

And, yes Pagano is in a good place there with the Colts. I am also a fan of Manuski as he is from San Diego - hope he can put together a better D for you this year.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
RedAlice":3s6ddmz2 said:
I think BlueShoe is one of my new favorite posters. :179417:

And, yes Pagano is in a good place there with the Colts. I am also a fan of Manuski as he is from San Diego - hope he can put together a better D for you this year.

:D

As long as we do not bring up Marshall Faulk. The day we traded Marshall away, was one of the saddest in my entire life.

lucky49

Reaction score
RedAlice":2viuvzb8 said:
chris98251":2viuvzb8 said:
BlueShoe":2viuvzb8 said:
lucky49":2viuvzb8 said:

Haha.

Or, Chris is right.

lol.

just kind of a feeling, not really based on anything solid. his words just seemed too purposed and planned to be true thoughts

Jville

Reaction score
^^^ Some might refer to that as composing ones thoughts.

NINEster

Reaction score
kearly":3hfuba0u said:
RedAlice":3hfuba0u said:
Hey, there is an easy way to solve this "statistic information." If the Rams move to LA, then you can feel free to stop our Running Backs at will with no statistics for why you did or did not. :D :D

hahaha.

I personally have nothing against St. Louis and I feel sorry for the shitty situation they are in. That said, I really want to see the Rams back in LA. Not only because of the 10am thing, but because it would be cool to see the Seahawks playing games in Los Angeles.

Though if memory serves, I think the Seahawks had a really tough time beating the Rams when they were in LA. Which is weird because the LA Rams were quite beatable for everyone else.

What '80s and '90s football were you watching?

The LA Rams were a formidable foe for the dynasty 49er teams right up to the time they left for St. Louis. They nearly swept the all time '89 Niners if it weren't for a monster comeback from Joe Montana and John Taylor in Anaheim.

The Niners and Rams used to split the series back in the day often winning on the road.

The Rams were always a tough out against good teams in big games but like the Eagles of that era were unable to go all the way. The '89 Rams beat the Eagles and Giants on the road in the playoffs, and nearly took a 10-0 lead against the Niners in Candlestick before Ronnie Lott saved the day deflecting a bomb, and then the Niners came back and blew them out.

Jim Everett, Willie "Flipper" Anderson, Henry Ellard, Pete Holohan, Robert Delpino, Greg Bell....the good ole days.

The St. Louis team might have been the one to finally win a Lombardi, but to me the traditional legacy of the Rams will always be the LA team.

chris98251

Reaction score
What's funny as in LA the Rams were a physical team with Knox and Robinson as coaches, when they moved to St Louis they became a finesse team on offense with Martz and passing game, even though they later got Jackson they never established that smash mouth running style again with the team.

Not saying they didn't have good receivers in both areas and good QB's they just preferred to control the ball on offense.

RedAlice

Reaction score
NINEster":1nzab40x said:
kearly":1nzab40x said:
RedAlice":1nzab40x said:
Hey, there is an easy way to solve this "statistic information." If the Rams move to LA, then you can feel free to stop our Running Backs at will with no statistics for why you did or did not. :D :D

hahaha.

I personally have nothing against St. Louis and I feel sorry for the shitty situation they are in. That said, I really want to see the Rams back in LA. Not only because of the 10am thing, but because it would be cool to see the Seahawks playing games in Los Angeles.

Though if memory serves, I think the Seahawks had a really tough time beating the Rams when they were in LA. Which is weird because the LA Rams were quite beatable for everyone else.

The LA Rams were a formidable foe for the dynasty 49er teams right up to the time they left for St. Louis. They nearly swept the all time '89 Niners if it weren't for a monster comeback from Joe Montana and John Taylor in Anaheim.

The Niners and Rams used to split the series back in the day often winning on the road.

The Rams were always a tough out against good teams in big games but like the Eagles of that era were unable to go all the way. The '89 Rams beat the Eagles and Giants on the road in the playoffs, and nearly took a 10-0 lead against the Niners in Candlestick before Ronnie Lott saved the day deflecting a bomb, and then the Niners came back and blew them out.

Jim Everett, Willie "Flipper" Anderson, Henry Ellard, Pete Holohan, Robert Delpino, Greg Bell....the good ole days.

The St. Louis team might have been the one to finally win a Lombardi, but to me the traditional legacy of the Rams will always be the LA team.

This history is what makes it interesting to see the "Los Angeles Rams" come home. The fact that there is this history.

The media knows this. The other owners know this. Kroenke has his hand out to spend his own $$$$. The story is written and ready to be casted and played.

Fisher, as all of you say, has only been mediocre. He now has a physical Defense team who is ready to move back to the second largest stage in the U.S. It is a great opportunity for him.

I believe K moves the team to LA. I am more curious to see how the team actually performs - they can't suck. 2015 will be a year to keep testing things I think. They need to be both good and entertaining in 2016.

The physical Rams come home to LA. Stage set.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":3cn99a1p said:
What's funny as in LA the Rams were a physical team with Knox and Robinson as coaches, when they moved to St Louis they became a finesse team on offense with Martz and passing game, even though they later got Jackson they never established that smash mouth running style again with the team.

Not saying they didn't have good receivers in both areas and good QB's they just preferred to control the ball on offense.

STL fans are making the point that they "own" the Rams' Lombardi and it was earned only in STL. They ignore and will not own that the absolute WORST record for any team in the NFL ALSO belongs to the team in STL - the Rams.

If you are a Rams fan, you accept both as you lived both.

I'm enjoying the return to the physical. No matter which city wins the battle - I believe the Rams will be winning games with this team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
lucky49":lezpcmgy said:
You'd be 100% wrong given he's definitely in the position to know all about the Colts and Titans and see them live with a short drive. ;)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":cl9qyu5t said:
NINEster":cl9qyu5t said:
kearly":cl9qyu5t said:
RedAlice":cl9qyu5t said:

hahaha.

This history is what makes it interesting to see the "Los Angeles Rams" come home. The fact that there is this history.

The media knows this. The other owners know this. Kroenke has his hand out to spend his own $$$$. The story is written and ready to be casted and played.

Fisher, as all of you say, has only been mediocre. He now has a physical Defense team who is ready to move back to the second largest stage in the U.S. It is a great opportunity for him.

I believe K moves the team to LA. I am more curious to see how the team actually performs - they can't suck. 2015 will be a year to keep testing things I think. They need to be both good and entertaining in 2016.

The physical Rams come home to LA. Stage set.
Yes but to become the Seahawks whipping boys just like they were for the 49ers? Built identically but in the end just not quite good enough against the movers and shakers similar to the Colts currently?

The LA Rams I know and watched was a team that almost could but were mere chew toys for the 49ers back when they mattered. Nothing is pointing to that changing given the more things change the more they remain the same. It's just the Seahawks in the driver's seat instead of the 49ers .:)

Heck, the last time the LA Rams were actually relevant longterm is when Deacon Jones and company played. Guess what? They're dead and I wasn't even near being born.

I just wish we hadn't agreed to the AFCW move because we were supposed to be in the NFCW from the jump and our playoff success combined matches up favorably with the Rams and 49ers. All of us have serious heavyweight tradition in winning both in the regular season and playoffs.

Then we'd be taking real rivalry like the Bears and Packers

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Haha. Whew, let's see....

First of all - "Yes but to become the Seahawks whipping boys just like they were for the 49ers" - the Seahawks have been incredible for the first three years of Wilson's career, average winning 12 games per season. Against the Rams, the Seahawks are 4-2. In those 6 games, the Rams started an NFL caliber QB twice. In those two games, the Rams are 1-1, and the plus/minus is Seattle +1. Nobody would call the Rams the Seahawks whipping boys right now - and that was without the Rams have an NFL caliber QB playing the last two years. I don't see us becoming Seattle's whipping boys anytime soon if it hasn't happened yet....and of course one of those Seattle wins the Rams rushed for over 200 yards and physically dominated Seattle holding them under 200 yards of total offense. A loss is a loss, but.....whipping boys???? No way.

Secondly, if you look it up, the Niners/Rams rivalry IS similar to Bears and Packers. They get a lot more pub because they weren't out west for most of it like we were, but look at the head to head numbers. Even with San Francisco's dominant 90's streak of 17 straight over us, the series is about dead even right now. No other all time series is anywhere close to that (with as many games played).

Thirdly, the Rams in the 70s and 80s were consistently good teams. Made the playoffs most of those years. That would be considered long term and was after the fearsome foursome. That includes a streak of making it 8 straight years, the 2nd longest such streak in NFL history.

Fourthly, the Seahawks are top dog right now. No disputing that. But you can't compare history to the Rams/Niners, unless you're talking about superbowls with the Rams, which is now identical (1/3 for each team). Hall of famers, playoff appearances, etc. the Seahawks aren't that close.

Seahawks have played 26 playoff games, Rams 43, Niners 52. Success of Seattle is similar to the Rams in that we have made and won the same number of superbowls. All of which is relative as the Rams have been around far longer than the Hawks. But the rich history is not really comparable. The Rams franchise holds several records that are astounding, particularly most passing yards in a game from the 50s and having three consecutive seasons of scoring 500 points (99-01). It's amazing those records haven't been broken considering the passing and scoring trend that the NFL is in.

BlueShoe

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3t2qhl5o said:
lucky49":3t2qhl5o said:
You'd be 100% wrong given he's definitely in the position to know all about the Colts and Titans and see them live with a short drive. ;)

I am thinking back to the Colts / Titans rivalry, early on in the inception of the AFC South. Many people forget that Tennessee used to own that rivalry. Long before the Peyton / brady rivalry, was the Peyton / Fisher rivalry. Fisher would often talk his quarterback up, and quite possibly talked McNair up enough to share a co MVP with Peyton. It wasn't really deserved, because Peyton had beaten the Titans twice that season.

I have been to Nashville to watch the Colts play. One day that really stands out in my memories was a scrimmage, in Reggie Wayne's rookie year. The Titans faithful filled up Adelphia stadium, for a Colts / Titans scrimmage game. Jeff Fisher grabbed the microphone and talked passionately to his Titans faithful. That is the type of relationship that coach Fisher had with Nashville.

Jeff Fisher was very well respected by the Tennessee Titans fans, and over the 10 years (20+ games) the Colts played against him; he also earned my respect.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Air McNair was pretty good coming out of college. He did fair in the no Fun league but not outstanding. My memory is kinda weak as I was working a lot during that time frame.

Latest posts