Status
Not open for further replies.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":2t7gdvp4 said:
-The Glove-":2t7gdvp4 said:
SoHo9erFan":2t7gdvp4 said:
HawkWow":2t7gdvp4 said:
9er fans keep talking about us and them. Maybe again next year, but it will be us and the Rams thereafter.

DAMN YOU REDSKINS!
49ers are set up better long term than the seahawks
based on what? Lol. Cmon man
read the thread..
so your argument is the hypothetical situation of the seahawks losing most of our core

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
As I continue watching this slaughter...one thing becomes apparent. The biggest thing separating the Hawks, Rams and SF is a QB that stands 5'10". Wilson would have any of these 3 teams at the top of the NFCW, IMO.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
HawkWow":11nimy4q said:
As I continue watching this slaughter...one thing becomes apparent. The biggest thing separating the Hawks, Rams and SF is a QB that stands 5'10". Wilson would have any of these 3 teams at the top of the NFCW, IMO.
true, wilson is better.

but wilson thrives making plays out of nothing. with his constant improvising... the 49ers have the best offense coaches in the league. the plays are well-tailored and designed- not a lot of room for a QB to run around and make things up as he goes along.

I don't think Wilson would be all that much more successful in a 49ers uniform.

Also, not a whole lot separating the 49ers and the Seahawks this year. sure, the seahawks have a phenominal record. but a few plays, that neither Wilson nor Kaep had control over, could have drastically changed this season around. I'm not making excuses. just stating a fact.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
HawkWow":344dgmmw said:
also, you seem really down on Kaep. you should have seen some of the plays he made today. He threw a dime 50 yards down field to Davis; he rolled out and found Crabtree for a clutch first down while throwing on the run; he scrambled again for a huge, long 3rd down conversion.

Kaep is making plays. i don't think he is that far behind Wilson

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":h4i9l7vm said:
HawkWow":h4i9l7vm said:
also, you seem really down on Kaep. you should have seen some of the plays he made today. He threw a dime 50 yards down field to Davis; he rolled out and found Crabtree for a clutch first down while throwing on the run; he scrambled again for a huge, long 3rd down conversion.

Kaep is making plays. i don't think he is that far behind Wilson

I saw the throw. It was brilliant and I'd be lying if I said I've not seen improvement since week 2. The question begs...can he make that throw to a second or third read? I'm not that down on Kaep. But my expectations are low when he is asked to stay in the pocket. He has some bad habits that will be like re-training your golf swing to correct. Not impossible, but time consuming and games will be lost along the way. IF I were Harbaugh, I'd let him run the RO more frequently. That would help him in other facets of the passing game as his confidence builds off of positive plays. He's a big strong kid and actually / surprisingly runs with great intelligence. The key to the RO is the retreat of the QB after the hand off, IMO. With that, It's not all that dangerous if your QB has his wits about him (As we see in RW).

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":1pigbgpw said:
HawkWow":1pigbgpw said:
true, wilson is better.

but wilson thrives making plays out of nothing. with his constant improvising... the 49ers have the best offense coaches in the league. the plays are well-tailored and designed- not a lot of room for a QB to run around and make things up as he goes along.

Also, not a whole lot separating the 49ers and the Seahawks this year. sure, the seahawks have a phenominal record. but a few plays, that neither Wilson nor Kaep had control over, could have drastically changed this season around. I'm not making excuses. just stating a fact.

RW hits about 3 times more receivers than Kaep does. His vision is vastly superior, especially downfield when on the move. Night and day, IMO.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":1c5i7hxx said:
HawkWow":1c5i7hxx said:
SoHo9erFan":1c5i7hxx said:
HawkWow":1c5i7hxx said:
9er fans keep talking about us and them. Maybe again next year, but it will be us and the Rams thereafter.

DAMN YOU REDSKINS!

LOL.
the 49ers have way more starters locked up long term. how are they not?

Surely you jest!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":2vl9j1fi said:
HawkWow":2vl9j1fi said:
SoHo9erFan":2vl9j1fi said:
HawkWow":2vl9j1fi said:
Your Niners are a very good team. No question. But the Rams are building at a frenzied pace and they're building a D that will torment both the Hawks and Niners. The best division in football is on the verge of getting ridiculous. Sucks to be any of us.
Cardinals also look good. They're missing their 1st round pick this year and have a fairly young defense. NFC West should be the best division for years to come

Yep. As I said, sucks to be any of us. Zona will stay at the bottom because of age, QB and they are falling into the trap we were stuck in for years...winning just enough games to either have to trade up, or draft too late for a solid QB (etc.). If not for *$%&^ Dan Snyder, The Rams would suffer a similar dilemma.

But your QB situation, IMO, is just as troubling. Do you guys stay with Kaep and how much are you prepared to pay him if you do?
yes the 49ers stay with Kaep.. but it's hard to say how much we are prepared to pay him. ideally we get him for around top 10 money at the position. it all depends on how the season ends

Then they would be paying too much!

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
HawkWow":u2f3vz0s said:
SoHo9erFan":u2f3vz0s said:
HawkWow":u2f3vz0s said:
true, wilson is better.

RW hits about 3 times more receivers than Kaep does. His vision is vastly superior, especially downfield when on the move. Night and day, IMO.
this is true.

Jville

Reaction score
Damn 49er fans. Another thread trashed ..... and this one was originally a Rams thread.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The niners have the best offensive coaches in the league? THAT. IS. FUNNY. STUFF. Although, I do find Harbag to be offensive.

rlkats

Reaction score
Thanks to the Hawks and the Rams for spanking the taints. God I hate Drew cry baby Brees

chris98251

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":3lwzpci7 said:
HawkWow":3lwzpci7 said:

DAMN YOU REDSKINS!

I guess you missed the message, next man up, I know you were watching the Bucs game but Lane and Maxwell seemed like pretty decent CB's, we also have Shead and another two CB's, Chandler, Fenner, Tharold Simon and that didn't even play this season. Additionally Hill and Williams Scruggs, Smith and Brooks on the D Line. We are developing players that you have not even seen yet. We are playing short term looking long term. B.J. Daniels is another you do know in the event Jackson wants another shot at starting someplace or gets to expensive to keep as a back up.

4freakin9

Reaction score
chris98251":2d7eqxu7 said:
SoHo9erFan":2d7eqxu7 said:
HawkWow":2d7eqxu7 said:

DAMN YOU REDSKINS!

I guess you missed the message, next man up, I know you were watching the Bucs game but Lane and Maxwell seemed like pretty decent CB's, we also have Shead and another two CB's, Chandler, Fenner, Tharold Simon and that didn't even play this season. Additionally Hill and Williams Scruggs, Smith and Brooks on the D Line. We are developing players that you have not even seen yet. We are playing short term looking long term. B.J. Daniels is another you do know in the event Jackson wants another shot at starting someplace or gets to expensive to keep as a back up.

Your argument works for the Seahawks because they do have depth and that is one of the biggest reasons they are a contender now and should be for a while. The same principle should be applied to the 49ers as well though. They are making personnel decisions that reflect a forward thinking mentality. Drafting Carradine and Lattimore in the last draft were not meant for this season. They continue to have a ton of draft picks with 6 in the first 3 rounds next year too. Moves like letting Goldson get paid elsewhere and drafting a guy like Reid is the strategy now and hopefully will continue to work going forward.

HoRneR

Reaction score
The rams need a QB before they become a real threat.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
rlkats":1mn3iv90 said:
Thanks to the Hawks and the Rams for spanking the taints. God I hate Drew cry baby Brees

You're evil. Nobody with a soul hates Brees

rlkats

Reaction score
-The Glove-":bq10ggbz said:
rlkats":bq10ggbz said:

You're evil. Nobody with a soul hates Brees

Lol na. I remember Farve being destroyed by the saints he never cried about being hit. This guy gets crushed and cries to the news. Hello it football drew. Man up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.